flak vest sizing & position & colorSubscribe
  1. Jul 14, 2016, 9:21 PM - flak vest sizing & position & color #1

    Ok well i have to ask this only because im just not sure exactly what the answers are...
    1. exactly where is the vest supposed to sit/position on the torso?
    2. im going to use belly button for a reference point ; at-below or just above ?
    3. is the belly button a good stopping/starting point. every ones torso is different but the bellybutton seems be a good reference point for everyone i believe...
    4. should it be snug or loose
    5. what color should the ESB & ROTJ be
    6.
    yall let me know if i left anything out !!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. dv8r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    233
    Jul 14, 2016, 11:45 PM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #2

    Quote tommyboy said: View Post
    Ok well i have to ask this only because im just not sure exactly what the answers are...
    1. exactly where is the vest supposed to sit/position on the torso?
    2. im going to use belly button for a reference point ; at-below or just above ?
    3. is the belly button a good stopping/starting point. every ones torso is different but the bellybutton seems be a good reference point for everyone i believe...
    4. should it be snug or loose
    5. what color should the ESB & ROTJ be
    6.
    yall let me know if i left anything out !!

    Here's my two cents: above, the bottom of it about even with your short ribs. The strap for the jetpack harness rides just above mine, and a bit of that is supposed to show below the flak vest. I think the color is the same for ESB and ROTJ.
  4. Jul 15, 2016, 8:31 AM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #3

    thanks dv8r for your cents !!
  5. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    680
    Jul 15, 2016, 3:27 PM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #4

    How long your flak vest is supposed to be is entirely relative to the armor you are wearing. The flak vest should be no longer then 1/2 inch (1 inch max) below the bottom of your abdomen armor plate. Where is it to be positioned? Over your shoulders down to that point. You can't use anatomical points like a belly button for positioning purposes.

    The vest should be form fitting. Keep in mind the more snug you make it the hotter you will be wearing it. Find a happy spot between loose / snug as your vest won't be going anywhere when wearing it.

    ROTJ is a light gray in color.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  6. Jul 16, 2016, 8:42 AM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #5

    thanks crumdum ! i have a MOW one size fits all vest and i dont think it fits me like it should. its snug and its pretty short on me....trying to decide if its accurate enough to keep or start over with another.
  7. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    680
    Jul 16, 2016, 2:44 PM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #6

    Quote tommyboy said: View Post
    thanks crumdum ! i have a MOW one size fits all vest and i dont think it fits me like it should. its snug and its pretty short on me....trying to decide if its accurate enough to keep or start over with another.
    It does not meet tier 2 specs on the 501st CRL...and might not pass tier 1 approval depending on the GML. I am in the process of replacing mine currently.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  8. Jul 16, 2016, 5:20 PM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #7

    who's vest are you going to use?
    I was thinking about giving Batninja a shout...he has good reviews on his! i want my suit to be able to be approved at some point considering all the time and resources that has gone into it!
    Quote crumdum said: View Post
    It does not meet tier 2 specs on the 501st CRL...and might not pass tier 1 approval depending on the GML. I am in the process of replacing mine currently.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tommyboy; Jul 16, 2016 at 5:27 PM.
  9. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    680
    Jul 16, 2016, 5:40 PM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #8

    Arkady as I need a new flightsuit to become fully tier 3 certified.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  10. Mullreel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,700
    Jul 17, 2016, 7:45 AM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #9

    If you can get in on a Batninja vest you will not be disappointed. His vests are probably the best on the market right now.
  11. Jul 17, 2016, 8:01 AM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #10

    thanks....i think i might just do that !
    Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    If you can get in on a Batninja vest you will not be disappointed. His vests are probably the best on the market right now.
  12. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Jul 22, 2016, 6:46 AM - Re: flak vest sizing & position & color #11

    Does anyone have a Rit colour they are using to die the vest? Im starting with a white cotton then dyeing from there

Similar Threads

  1. Flak vest weathering/color question
    By Gregory in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 7, 2016, 3:59 PM
  2. FS:  FS: dental files, Flak vest & neck seal and cape
    By Ghostrider in forum Cargo Hold
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 5, 2016, 11:20 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 30, 2015, 9:42 AM
  4. SIZING - helmet & etc...
    By eventHORIZON in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Aug 29, 2014, 4:48 PM
  5. Accurate color for the flak vest?
    By Arakus in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2008, 4:32 AM