Subscribe
    Aug 26, 2010, 1:12 PM - Flak vest closure methods / placements / modifications #1

Greeting all! I have been viewing the site for some time now and began making my custom mando helmet and armor a while back. I have the helmet in the bondo stage and most of the armor plates cut and shaped. I now have a question about the flak jacket. Where is the standard placement of the closure, or does it slip on? Also, should the closure be velcro or some other means? I viewed the flak vest pattern tutorial, which was awesome, and was wondering if anyone has modified any type of vest to make it into a flak vest? Thank you and appreciate any comments or guidance you have to offer!
  2. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 26, 2010, 1:39 PM - Re: Flak vest closure methods / placements / modifications #2

mine has velcro in the back some people use a zipper
    Aug 27, 2010, 8:49 AM - Re: Flak vest closure methods / placements / modifications #3

And then the backplate / jetpack wound cover the closure. The only issue I have with that is I would need assistance with getting it on and also figure a way to attach the backplace after I put it on, requiring more assistance. I have an idea for a side velcro closure that will allow me to attach all the torso plates to the vest and I would be able to get in and out of it without assistance. I will post some pics once I have the vest finished if anyone is interested.
  4. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 27, 2010, 9:40 AM - Re: Flak vest closure methods / placements / modifications #4

yeh u can do that...but theres nothing covering it and getting a jetpack on without assistance is VERY difficult
    Aug 27, 2010, 10:25 AM - Re: Flak vest closure methods / placements / modifications #5

I am more looking to make a suit of custom Beskar'gam instead of a replica, but I still appreciate the guidance!