So this is the first finished item of my costume. I bought the belt from costumebase (ebay) in Singapore. It is made of pleather and has usable pouches. So when it came it looked far too new. I also noticed when it came it should have white stitching.
So I set about making the bought item look a little more screen accurate.
Here is a closer shot.
I used white acrylic paint to get the white stitching, just rubbed it in with my fingers and then wiped off any excess with a damp cloth, this also left the surface a little oily which I liked, non oily when dry. I then set about it with sand paper and surface scratching to beat it up a little, and finished with some black boot polish to dull the thing down. Looks a little more worn in the flesh, the photos dont pick the detail up so much, but you get the idea. Cost $45, (£22.50) which I thought was pretty cheap.