Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Oct 30, 2012, 5:11 PM - Re: First Boba Build #26

Quote hobbit057 said: View Post
    Hey Bro, Looks fantastic! Brings back some memories... I scored the whole thing with a blade... I must like to do things the hard way! That and I didn't have a dremel.
    Hey thanks! I used a blade for the chest and the blade method requires less cleanup, because the dremel is melting a lot of the plastic which afterwards needs to be broken off and sanded. But it was a much quicker and safer method for I was stressing about slipping and dismembering myself with a razor. And I am going to do my best to make a successful backplate
    Oct 30, 2012, 10:24 PM - Re: First Boba Build #27

Raf said somewhere that you should to a paint test before trying it on the armor. So that's exactly what I did! I used Hobbit's idea of using hair gel for masking fluid and it seemed to work nicely, but I think I need to let everything dry better next time before peeling it all off. One problem... I think I need a different green because neither the one on the left nor right seem to feel right.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20121030_191330.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	65125
    Oct 30, 2012, 11:13 PM - Re: First Boba Build #28

Quote hobbit057 said: View Post
    Hey Bro, Looks fantastic! Brings back some memories... I scored the whole thing with a blade... I must like to do things the hard way! That and I didn't have a dremel.
    Hey I was wondering what colour green rattlecan you used on your trash can build. I tried the two greens i have and they are not quite right.
    Nov 9, 2012, 5:01 PM - Re: First Boba Build #29

Rustoleum Premium Spruce Green is correct. It's at Walmart. I think it's $1 more than the Painter's Touch. The Satin Cabernet you'll need for the helmet and ROTJ gauntlets should be there too.

I used toothpaste for masking fluid. Painted everything alluminum, then used a brush to do tiny bits of yellow. Applied toothpaste, let dry, then sprayed it all green. After that sat for a few hours I ran it under the sink and lightly scrubbed the bumpy parts to get the toothpaste to loosen and fall off.
  5. Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Nov 24, 2012, 1:50 PM - Re: First Boba Build #30

I used plastic for sale signs for my armor. It is very easy to mold and cut, perfect for a first set of armor.
  6. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Dec 4, 2012, 5:03 PM - Re: First Boba Build #31

Hi there. I'm new to this forum too and am hoping to build a fett suit. I keep seeing references to 'rkd armour' but dont really now where to find these products. Am looking for kits rather than pre-built so any suggestions would be great. Thanks