Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Oct 23, 2013, 11:02 AM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #26

The dent... yeah, i made it about a quarter inch too big for my tastes, and to look perfect. But for my purposes and Halloween, being my first scratch build, I think it does not look too bad. There are about three things I know I did not do perfect, and will learn from them in the future.
    Side note - My brother and I are building a vacuum forming table and will be making armor here after Halloween. If you have something you want built let me know or if you know people that want something, same deal. You can pm me or hit my email - samkrow76@gmail.com
    Oct 23, 2013, 11:14 AM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #27

Here are some more pictures of the helmet with more detail painting, the kill stripes, and the rangefinder on there. the rangefinder looks a little off I know, I did not do the window and it needs to be weathered still but I just did it last night. Jetpack is still being painted. Other than that I have everything done. I will do a test run later this week and post pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Colors.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	2.92 MB 
ID:	72446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full boba.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	769.9 KB 
ID:	72447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Side boba.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	72448
    Samkrow
    Oct 24, 2013, 7:12 AM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #28

When you bring up the point that this is your first scratch build, I'm not too concerned about the dent. But it's good you're pulling your own critique from this.
    It looks like you hand painted the colours on? I like the mandible colour you've got a lot but the dome and cheeks seems a bit to saturated. Painting techniques always will get more and more refined =]
    That's all picky stuff but it looks awesome for your first scratch, no doubt.
  4. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Oct 24, 2013, 11:17 AM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #29

Build looks great, it sounds like you have an AMAZING brother to help you with all that stuff and let you make a mess in his garadge every day.
    Oct 24, 2013, 5:53 PM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #30

I am thankful for ALL criticism. Even the unhelpful, useless, and irritating garbage that comes out of my brother's mouth. But hey good thing that guy is not on here :P no I could not have done this project at all without the tools and advice offered from my family.
    Oct 25, 2013, 7:02 PM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #31

Well, I could have. It would have just been more of a pain I am doing a test run tonight and I will post some extensive photos of my costume. Just a heads up I really just kinda did my own thing with the gauntlets and jetpack. They are by no means accurate.
    Nov 8, 2013, 11:15 AM - Re: First attempts at scrap Helmet and armor #32

I have been lazy and swampped with work so I have not had a chance to take any pictures of my full suit. It looks good, but I am also much bigger than the original boba haha so I do not exactly look accurate.