Subscribe
  1. May 11, 2005, 5:24 PM - Fiberglass armor w/pics!!! #1

I got my Fiberglass armor and compared to my sintra set this stuff is awesome! If your looking to get a set I highly recommend fiberglass and if you want to know who I got mine from(I'll Post pictures when I'm done painting) send me a PM....I wish I would have invested in a quality set of fiberglass the 1st time

OK...updated upper armor painted(ROTJ accurate), with my 1st run bucket(non-accurate)...cod, back, and rump armor is still drying as is the jet pack...now...once I get my MS2 painted up to ROTJ and my ammo belt in I'll be complete..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails upper1-jpg   uppper2-jpg  
    Last edited by stormtrooper@rushmore; May 15, 2005 at 4:10 PM. Reason: Photo Update!!
  2. May 16, 2005, 2:29 PM - Re: Fiberglass armor #2

UPDATED With Pics!
    May 16, 2005, 2:45 PM - Re: Fiberglass armor #3

Nice looking armor and a great paint job.
    May 16, 2005, 6:07 PM - Re: Fiberglass armor #4

DUDE!!!

Did you glass a mould or overlay a pattern?

Either way, great job!
    May 16, 2005, 6:31 PM - Re: Fiberglass armor #5

Looking good man!!
  6. May 16, 2005, 9:55 PM - Re: Fiberglass armor #6

Jaiden, I purchased the armor already molded and primed. The only things I had to do was paint and attach. I would HIGHLY recommend the person who made the armor. If you want to know who PM me(I already PM'd you jaiden) with the info.
    May 16, 2005, 10:06 PM - Re: Fiberglass armor #7

Looks really good. What is your opinion on the differences of having sintra then fiberglass?
  8. May 17, 2005, 8:28 AM - Re: Fiberglass armor #8

dgasser, I wish I would have saved my money & gotten fiberglass from the getgo...it's more expensive but the quality and apperance is far superior(if you get from a good maker). I paid 4 times the price for my fiberglass compared to sintra...but if you want a high quality Boba I personally believe this is a must. I would not skimp on the helmet or the armor. When people look at your costume I think the helmet is the 1st thing they look at then the body armor...just my own opinion tho...
    May 18, 2005, 2:11 AM - Re: Fiberglass armor #9

Thanks for your input !!!

stormtrooper@rushmore said:
    dgasser, I wish I would have saved my money & gotten fiberglass from the getgo...it's more expensive but the quality and apperance is far superior(if you get from a good maker). I paid 4 times the price for my fiberglass compared to sintra...but if you want a high quality Boba I personally believe this is a must. I would not skimp on the helmet or the armor. When people look at your costume I think the helmet is the 1st thing they look at then the body armor...just my own opinion tho...