Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. May 30, 2009, 5:27 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #176

Quote mrmandalore said: View Post
    Are all the places gone on this, or can I get in on it?

Managed to get myself on the sidearm run, and need a holster for it.

Hey mrmandalore, absolutely not, if your the next one to send payment for a holster, your the next guy on the list to receive one. Hope that helps.

THX for The Interest

May 30, 2009, 9:03 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #177

Thanks a bunch everyone, I really appreciate your appreciation here

- PLEASE READ THIS POST -

But I want to make sure that you're not under the impression that these are "perfect". Do they look "better" than the originals? Absolutely. That's really the best we can hope for, right? But make no mistake, that there will be imperfections here and there. Much like Stormrider's rubber FP knee project, the material used is so ridiculously thick, that there will be a bubble here and there. The "nemrod" logo is a bear to be specific. I've managed to perfect the process to where all of the detail on each casting's logo will be intact. It also has to be "pre-cast" like the strap (in the softer urethane) because it's more viscous than the holster urethane. But there may be a "nib" or two from time to time within the logo that has to be popped off with the end of a sharp exacto. The silicone was to blame for this, as the mold was too large to be put into a vacuum. Even with a print coat of silicone on the master, there were a few bubbles in the silicone that I couldn't avoid with thick brush on material. So this makes positive "nibs" in the casting. I will do my best to make sure they're all gone before shipping. But I thought I would give a heads up.

There is also a seam line that didn't appear on the original. It is placed on the hollow spear cavity of the front of the holster (forward section). But the seam line is moved toward the back of the holster where it cannot be seen when worn. There was no way to avoid this, as I said before, the original was injection molded (pressure injected with metal multi section molds). There is no way to get the same result with silicone molds, no matter how skilled you are. So even though I followed as many seams as I could off of the original, the new seam line had to be put there. It's a nice sharp clean line, but I also thought I would mention it.

The inside of the holster was also "fortified" a bit. Because of how thin the original was, to cast it in urethanes that "mimic" the original vinyl that these were injection molded with (for accuracy of feel), the castings would have been too thin to hold up to trooping. All of the detail still remains inside, it's just a little "thicker". The majority of you will be using them to troop in. SO you may thank me later, as the section that holds the belt strap would have surely lost your beautiful side-arm in a crowd for sure Again, this material was chosen to mimic what is accurate to the originals. It may have been better to cast these in a "hyperfirm" type of rubber - but it would not look or feel accurate at all unfortunately.

GBH even said to me today, that "again", I am my worst critic or enemy. And where that may be true, I want to to make sure there is full disclosure here, especially with my reputation at stake.

This next part is VERY important ....

The most notable point of interest here, is that blasted strap. Let's not be under any misconception that we're out of the woods on those breaking, even though I developed a way to combine two different shore "D" resins (hardness/flex). These are after all, "semi-rigid" urethanes. They are by no means "rubber". They WILL still break. It's only a matter of time. I don't want there to be ANYONE unclear about this. Again, with my reputation at stake, I can't take the chance. Some of you may get lucky, and it might last for years. some of you, it could break in two hours. It all depends on the person. What I DO NOT recommend, is playing "Quick Draw Mcgraw" with them I know that sounds absurd, because even as GBH pointed out today, those guns are a bit to awkward for that anyway. But I have to say it.

For all intents and purposes, these holsters are "AS-IS", and fully disclaimed. I consider them display pieces due to the fact that the molded strap will have a limited life if used constantly. The rest of the holster is virtually bullet proof. This most certainly doesn't come as a shock to anyone, because I've been preaching practically since this project started, that even the company who made them, made two versions - the second version with a separate "rubber" strap to correct the first version that was too brittle and broke. As a whole - we have "all agreed" that these will be made as I'm making them (accurate) , with the inclusion of the rubber strap as an accessory option to add to your holster when the molded strap breaks. It is VERY important that everyone understands this, because I can not be responsible for a faulty design not even of my own. I'm sure you understand. Casting these with molded straps was a bit against my better judgement, and I made no secret of that But I don't want people to be unhappy with me over this project. I want people to be informed and satisfied. Just know, and I can't make this any more clear - if the molded straps break, they break. I know that is blunt, and I am sorry. But this project has become a bitter one for me. My worst nightmare would be 20-30 people PM'ing me wanting a replacement holster because it broke. If you're in doubt about any of this, please re-read the thread from start to finish to see what I have been saying about it. Essentially, these holsters are being supplied as they were originally designed (with the exception of the movie mods) with the understanding that it is a faulty design, and a backup plan is already included with your order (rubber strap and template)

EVEN MORE IMPORTANT ...

To those of you that are still waiting to order, or even if you have already paid for your order -

If would like to eliminate the future frustration of seeing your molded strap break, and having to replace it with the included rubber strap - you can speak up now. I would be happy to make the modification (adding the rubber ribbed strap) before shipping. You will receive a holster that would be considered a replica of the version 2 holster that the company originally produced. This holster, will be impervious to damage, or breakage - guaranteed. Keep in mind, that we cannot prove which was used on screen anyway. The holster as seen in the above and below pics, is primarily for the "purist" here that wants to take the chance

Beyond all of that - more progress was made today - I found snaps that will work for us

Next are the rubber belt hangers and speed rivets

Best,

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; May 30, 2009 at 9:24 PM.
    May 30, 2009, 11:47 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #178

Chris you shouldn't have to worry about things like the strap breaking once we get them. That would be like me going back to the car dealership and saying the rubber on the tires wore off after 100,000 miles. You can't protect against things like that. It is just awesome that you have been able to cast up and replicate such a difficult piece. I have no clue how you did it in the first place. I know you are just trying to watch out for everyone and do what you always do and protect us Fett heads, but like I have already said you shouldn't have to worry. From my standpoint I will just be grateful to have one and will be proud to wear it no matter what happens to the strap. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this project, and I can't wait to see how they turn out.
    May 31, 2009, 12:15 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #179

Payment sent.

Forgot to include my board name though. So mark kbrosseau down as paid when you see payment from Keegan Brosseau.
    May 31, 2009, 1:27 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #180

Ditto what FettFanatic said.

I'll be trooping with mine, but I don't plan on fidgeting with that strap to any great degree. If it does break, I'll use the backup, no biggie. This piece is such a nice addition to the costume.
  6. May 31, 2009, 1:30 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #181

WOW! those look amazing FP!!! i cant wait to get mine! woooo!
    May 31, 2009, 6:10 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #182

Paypal sent, cheers guys!
  8. May 31, 2009, 7:36 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #183

Quote mrmandalore said: View Post
    Paypal sent, cheers guys!
    Got you marked down bro, your locked into the #24 Spot!

THX Again!

9. FettDad is offline FettDad
    May 31, 2009, 10:11 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #184

pm sent on having the strap on my holster changed out before shipping...thanks FP!!
    May 31, 2009, 11:57 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #185

Pm sent about strap change. FP, thank you for doing this run. All of your stuff is top of the line. If any of our stuff did break we would know that it was not cause you sould us lesser product, but cause the casting must have been a fight up hill. + you are sending a replacement along with a how too add it. Not many others would do that.

Thank you for take'n on this run.
    Rob
    Jun 1, 2009, 12:08 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #186

Quote FettFanatic said: View Post
    Chris you shouldn't have to worry about things like the strap breaking once we get them. That would be like me going back to the car dealership and saying the rubber on the tires wore off after 100,000 miles. You can't protect against things like that.
    Actually I think what Chris is saying is that it may be 100,000, or it might be 10. I sure as heck would not be happy if the tires on a new car went out after 10 miles. That said, I appreciate the warning and understand the intricacies that you are dealing with here. And... these are absolutely amazing! It just doesn't get any better than this and the 'new' pulce's.

If the strap should break after a month or two I assume the rubber one could be easily added to replace it? Just want to make sure that there is an option should a failure of the resin occur. If that's the case you've done all you can bro.
    Last edited by Bubba Fett; Jun 27, 2009 at 12:27 PM.
  12. Jun 1, 2009, 12:13 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #187

Quote Bubba Fett said: View Post
    Actually I think what Chris is saying is that it may be 100,000, or it might be 10. I sure as heck would not be happy if the tires on a new car went out after 10 miles. That said, I appreciate the warning and understand the intricacies that you are dealing with here. And... these are amazing!

If the strap should break after a month or two I assume the rubber one could be added to replace it? Just want to make sure that there is an option should a failure of the resin occur.
    Yes, as FP stated earlier, he will be including the replacement strap with the holsters "OR" if a member wants to forgo the chance of it breaking at any amount of milage, the alternate strap will be installed before their holster even ships. Hope that clears it up!

13. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Jun 1, 2009, 3:16 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #188

Paypal sent! Alternate strap please. I didn't include my TDH username on it though. It's from my htjkmd paypal addy. Thanks!

Yvette
    Jun 1, 2009, 11:48 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #189

Thanks for the clarification GBH.
    Jun 1, 2009, 3:30 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #190

Thanks a bunch guys and gals - you're troopers (pun intended) You're all so understanding.

I, however am sooooo not comfortable with this as it stands. I don't mean to be wishy washy. And I certainly don't want to complicate this anymore than I feel I have But I want to make sure that I've done everything humanly possible to make this happen with "caveats" imposed upon you.

I have one last thing up my sleeve here. I'm going to experiment with the compound that Stormrider used for the FP Rubber knees after all. I want to at least find out if a casting is doable. My only concern has been the finish and feel of each casting. The originals were hard vinyl, and there is really only one material that suits this (what I've already used). But if I can come close on this other material, it will at least be an option for those that aren't as concerned with the ultimate accuracy of the hard vinyl surface feel. The new material is on it's way, and I will be able to report my findings by weeks end. It's a small delay, but it will be worth it to know there was no stone left unturned

Thanks again for all of your words of support on this. To those that have PM'd me about the pre-strap replacement .. consider it done. But lets see how this turns out before I ship 'em

Best,

FP
  16. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jun 1, 2009, 3:33 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #191

sounds good brother! whatever is best, in total support of what you come up with...
    Jun 2, 2009, 12:12 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #192

Dang, you're rock star!

I thought you had made this deal as sweet as you possible could already.
    Jun 6, 2009, 4:53 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #193

**UPDATE**

Hi Everyone,

I'm a day late, but here's the new info on the new material:

I got it late Wednesday, since I was in the process of shipping the last of my armor orders I didn't get around to it until late yesterday. Unfortunately, this material is impossible to work with in this type of complex mold So it appears we're status quo on what has already been discussed. I wish it could be different. I will of course still keep my eye out for a "perfect" material, but we have to move forward with this as planned. It's tough because of the nature of this mold. And of course I now I'm being too hard on myself, but I I wanted perfection So this means that holsters will start officially shipping this coming week, and perfect timing too as I see members are receiving their Mojo-Side arms ! Not too bad really

So from now on, any new orders, please specify if you want the rubber strap installed please. Perhaps GBH can add this to your respective names on the list in post #1

I am however taking a much needed day of rest TODAY. Thanks again everyone for their continued patience

Best,

FP
  19. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jun 6, 2009, 5:22 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #194

awesome, FP!! my sidearm needs a home...cant express enough gratidue for you and GBH making this item happen...when you search, and search for this elusive item, its nice to know that there are those willing to contribute to the community to get us little peeps as accurate as possible! cheers guys!!
    Jun 11, 2009, 2:01 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #195

Sorry for the payment delay Chris and GBH, money is VERY tight. It's my birthday though and the wife said I could pick up a little sumpin - sumpin - so payment is away!

Thx.
  21. Jun 15, 2009, 6:35 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #196

THX BubbaFett, got you marked down for a lil' somin' somin'! I'm sure Fettpride will be along with a oil somin' somin' of an up date as well!

THX Again Everyone!

Jun 16, 2009, 12:46 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #197

Quote tk2647 said: View Post
    PP sent
    please let me know the rest of costs for shipping to Germany,
    thanks for making these available
    Florian
    hmm, again the question for the rest of costs for shipping to Germany ?!?

And, when will the shipping start ?

Best wishes,

Florian
    Jun 17, 2009, 9:00 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #198

Hi Everyone,

Sorry about being slow to update. Everything is on-track now. I wanted to ship the first sets out last Friday as promised, but I had not yet received the rest of my snaps and chicago screws. As of yesterday and today, the first 8-10 have shipped. Not trying to be vague, but there were a total of 15 packaged that were sent in the last two days, and I know at least 8 of them were holsters. I've not been to sleep yet (again ) so I'll post the tracking sometime today.

tk2647 - Sorry about that. What I need to do is gather up all of our over seas members and see what the average is so I have some kind of idea as I'm not used to shipping these. Of course it will still be dependent on the particular country. What I'll most likely do is post up prices today or tomorrow for the more common countries for you guys and gals

I'm praying I can get 8 more to the post by weeks end, but no promises. Worst case, I think I'll have all of the rest out TOTAL by months end at this rate to give a realistic expectation.

Again, my apologies for the delay. I started a new project in between these slow holsters I can't wait to show it off someday Oh, and no - not Fett related. But soooooo cool For those that are awaiting PM's, I'll be getting to as many of those as I can today too

Best,

FP
    Jun 18, 2009, 4:09 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #199

As promised ... tracking info

1. obi sean kenobi / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3410
    2. shabad / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3434
    3. Lassiter / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3403
    4. FettDad / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3427
    5. Darth_Nickel / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3397
    6. cojake / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3373
    7. Flettch / Awaiting Shipping Funds - PM Sent
    8. Spankuh / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3380
    9. DarthFett_79 / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3441
    10. Timmer / 0309 0330 0001 9798 3396

More to come Friday barring any delays So, we're OFFICIALLY ON ! :thumbup: worship

** REGARDING INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AND HANDLING **

Now that I've been able to ship some of these out, I have the info I needed to calculate International Postage. For some reason unknown to me, it's seems to be a flat rate that the USPS is charging now For just about everywhere but Turkey, it's going to be $38.00. Turkey is $37.00 Not sure why, but that's what it's telling me. It's not always accurate, but that's what we're going to call it

Best,

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; Jun 18, 2009 at 4:23 AM.
  25. KaanE is offline KaanE
    Jun 18, 2009, 7:40 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #200

I think it's because nowadays all the International postage done by USPS has obligatory insurrance and delivery confirmation, they also ship it very fast, some kind of priority mail.

I'm not sure, but the last year and half all my boxes from USA were that way