Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments

From
    St. Louis, Missouri

Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments

Beautiful!!!!! FP

Galactic Bounty Hunter said: View Post
    Were currently assembling the "Milk Man of the Year" award for you! I'm just blowin' you smoke bro, I know it'll be great as always!

Nice ! Always knew you weren't one for any sympathy

Wait till I get the nerve to post pictures of the mold process on this one, and you'll want to take me for dinner and drinks

Ya know, part of it is that I really am my own worst enemy. Most people would look at this piece and figure a way they would mold in in about 15 minutes. I tend to over think things. Over analyze. But I assure you, I thought I had it figured out too, until my first mold proved wrong. The first mold was a traditional glove mold with an fg jacket structure. But as I'm always against glove molds for reasons I've explained in the past, came painfully true with this piece, as I'd feared. When you're dealing with wall thickness like this (too thin for traditional back yard molding) you have to really get creative. And I did Not to mention creating the spear compartment void without injection molding, and keeping seam lines to a bare minimum There was just no slack with this little pain in the arse! Until I can post some pics, I'll just quietly pat myself on the back, and get really trashed when this is over

FP

** BIG UPDATE **

It's about 5:30 am PST, and I'm just calling it a night after a VERY VERY long weekend. I so burnt, I'm crispy. I now officially hate the sight of this holster

However, the GOOD NEWS is ... the mold is finally complete !!!!!! The last portion that gave me fit over the weekend was the spear cavity. As I mentioned in an earlier statement, the original holster has some NASTY flashing on the inside from the injection molding process. Anyone with one of these can take a peek inside of their own and see it. This makes molding impossible. Silicone gets LOCKEd tight. So I had to scratch make a new cavity based on measurements of the original, make a mold of THAT, then make a silicone casting of THAT. But that wasn't all. As many probably haven't noticed because not many own these, the cavity is also curved 2 dirctions inside That made it even more interesting keeping the silicone mold insert away from the sides of the holster shell during the casting process. It took 3 tries. It's now officially a 4 piece mold

I should be able to finally start pulling casting tomorrow (5-19) while catching up on other orders that are starting to back up over this Does anyone remember that feeling you would get in grade school when you screwed around too much during the week, then at the last minute you remember that you forgot to study for a final or important test, or forgot an important homework assignment the night before it was due? That panic feeling ?? Yah. I got it. Have had it now for 3 weeks. Today, I break. I sleep. I go see Star Trek I'm so sorry it's taken as long as it has. But I sincerely thank you all for your patience through this. You've all been wonderful.

Once I get the first batch of paid members fulfilled, I will accept payments for the next batch if there are still interested parties. If there are no other interests after that - I'll take the new mold out and shoot it I don't wanna play anymore

Again, thanks everyone. I also realize my PM box is full. I haven't been at the computer. I will try to get to them as soon as I can. To those that have called and left msg's, I'm sorry as well. When I'm in the shop and have the music cranked up, I don't here it. I'll get back with you as soon as I can too. But after I sleep

Oh, and Eric - I need a hug brother You better rush that "Milkman" award !

Best,

Chris

From
    UK

fettpride said: View Post
    Does anyone remember that feeling you would get in grade school when you screwed around too much during the week, then at the last minute you remember that you forgot to study for a final or important test, or forgot an important homework assignment the night before it was due? That panic feeling ?? Yah. I got it. Have had it now for 3 weeks. I'm so sorry it's taken as long as it has. But I sincerely thank you all for your patience through this. You've all been wonderful.
    Chris
    I totally understand bro....
    People here have been great through my project!

PP sent
    please let me know the rest of costs for shipping to Germany,
    thanks for making these available
    Florian

just for the record.....

MOJO RULES!!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup

disclaimer:

Mojo does, in fact, rule.... however this was intended for his sidearm thread.

Hey Chris,

No worries man, I knew you'd get this baby all dialed in to your accepted level of perfectionism! Sure, dinner a few drinks sound good, are you making it to Dragon Con or any other place outside of Oregon in the near future? We need to talk about some other projects bro!

Shinobi_Fett said: View Post
    just for the record.....

MOJO RULES!!!!

:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup:thumbup
    Errrr, Yes, but isn't that a different thread? In this thread...

FETTPRIDE RULES!!!

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

FETTPRIDE RULES!!!

Who? I can't see the name

From
    Stuttgart, Germany

tk2647 said: View Post
    PP sent
    please let me know the rest of costs for shipping to Germany,
    thanks for making these available
    Florian
    dito

cheers
    mack

From
    SF Bay Area, CA

Chris, please keep me on the list. Going to try and move some funds around bud - not a good time, but I must have this!

From
    UK

FETTPRIDE RULES!!!

2nd that....

hmmmm if i can get on this list, that would rock. It may take me couple of weeks to get payment, but it looks like it would be a lil bit before you get to me anyway

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    hmmmm if i can get on this list, that would rock. It may take me couple of weeks to get payment, but it looks like it would be a lil bit before you get to me anyway
    Ok bro, you've been added to the list!

Awesome! thanks!

this is gonna go perfect with Mojo's sidearm!! woo!

Paypal sent brother!

From
    CA

Paypal payment sent, FP. Thanks!

From
    Banks, Oregon

PP sent earlier this week...Thanks

It's not trick photography ... they're finally starting to multiply And not a moment too soon.

I can't afford to keep myself in Rogaine and Celebrex

Ok, so the original material chosen was only half right for the job. After the first real casting, it was clear in 12 hours or so, that the straps would break. So these are now cast in two different materials in the same family. Which only adds to me having to "finesse" each casting The strap is cast in a much softer version of the same family of material. The strap itself is pre-cast, before the holster is cast. The end result is the two materials blending seamlessly, but with the rigidity in the holster body, and the flex in the strap.

To say that these are a pain, is an understatement. Each holster takes about 12 hours from start to trimmed finish. Granted, about 10 hours of that is curing, but it sure slows things down a bit. As you can see by the pic though, we're moving right along. There are 15 done total at this point. I'm working on snaps as we speak. And that's another problem of it's own. They're not just run of the mill 5/8 Jumbo Snaps. Those required, are much more industrial for lack of a better term. Whereas a traditional Jumbo Snap has one side with a shank that presses into the mating side, the industrial types have two shanks (for added depth) that press into each other. And I'm having a hard time finding them. If anyone has any clue as to what I'm referring to, I'd appreciate it if someone could put some feelers out there to help speed this along for you folks

I'm just about caught up on this months orders for armor parts now, and more than half done with these holsters. I project that ALL should be tied up by the end of the first week of June ( end of next week). For the first time since I got back to Oregon, I'll be able to start fresh and not feel like that little kid that forgot to study for his final the night before I'm getting too old for this

FP

Last edited by fettpride; May 30, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

So look what the busy beaver's been up to, NICE BRO!

K, I think I've found snaps that will work. I just needed a bit of education on the subject.

So, we're looking at Line 24 snaps, but with an extra long barrel (8-10 mm). They're still not the vintage style that has a double barrel (double post) like rapid rivet style. But the rapid rivets will be used for the upper belt strap attachment.

FP

Account Deactivated
    From
    Spain

Well done FP, it's the cleanest cast I have ever seen

From
    Detention Block AA23

That's what I'm talking about!
    Top notch FP. This and Mojo's sidearm are the best projects I have seen on here in a while. Thanks for killing yourself over making it as accurate and good a product possible. It really paid off in the beauty of this piece!

Account Deactivated

wow, just wow, brother!! perfect timing as well, now that Gav has begun shipping his sidearms!! this item is going to be absolutely amazing!! awesome work, as always...

Are all the places gone on this, or can I get in on it?

Managed to get myself on the sidearm run, and need a holster for it.