Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 22, 2009, 3:34 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #126

Yes I do have an original, but you are correct. I just could not pass on this one. I signed up before I got the real one, but fettpride did such a great job...
    How could I not get one?!?!
    Again, thanks for doing such amazing work fp!
    Apr 22, 2009, 5:04 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #127

PP was just sent THANK YOU!!!
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Apr 23, 2009, 9:33 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #128

Payment sent.

Please let me know how much more s&h to Germany will be.

Thanks, Markus
    Apr 25, 2009, 5:01 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #129

Is the 1st page going to be updated? I sent in PP last week, still doesn't show on front page.
    Apr 27, 2009, 7:16 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #130

Sorry about that guys and gals ... I just sent GBH a PM with the updated payee info. I've been hard at work getting this bugger sorted out The mold for this thing really is just a plain pain But I should have the mold done Wednesday and be able to crank out the first 10 and hopefully get them cured and shipped by the following Monday (a week from today). Lets keep our fingers crossed This thing really is going to be a beauty now !!!

FP
  6. Apr 27, 2009, 10:01 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #131

Ok guys, list updated! Thanks for everyone's interest and commitment to this project! I think FP can be his own worst enemy at times, being such a "Perfectionist" and all , but in the end, it all works to our advantage!

THX

Apr 27, 2009, 12:47 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #132

Thanks again for all the great work you do.
    May 1, 2009, 12:30 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #133

PP Sent
    May 5, 2009, 2:58 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #134

Chris, any update on how things are going? Did you find a better material to use? Is the new mold working better or are you going to have to fight and finesse each one out? No hurry bro, just curious about the process. I am most appreciative that you are doing this run of accurate holsters.
    May 5, 2009, 3:24 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #135

It's funny you should mention it - I was just about to post an update

The short of it is, yes, each one will inevitably have to be finessed I like how you put that

Mold 2.5 is almost complete. I had a bear of a time with it and had to re-do half of the new one. I think GBH is absolutely right .. I am my own worst enemy

The problem is as I said, the original was manufactured and injection molded. What I'm desperately trying to accomplish is that manufactured look, following the original seam lines ect.

The upside to all of this, is one failed mold taught me really fast, where all of the faults were or would be so that it could be improved for production. I've been fairly lucky over the years where the first mold is most always gold. But from time to time a piece can be complex enough where you need endure some trial and error. Rest assured guys and gals, I'm doing the best I can to make the most faithful repro that can be made without manufacturing facilities With the kind of material being used, we want the least trimming of flashing possible. This material can't be sanded or anything without ruining the pretty black finish. So the idea is to have the lightest flashing that can be trimmed off with an exacto knife and not have to get out a dremel

There is some other good news too - the original material I chose (that I have 10 gallons of) is going to work just peachy. I didn't know there was a way to accelerate the curing. A fortunate side effect of the acceleration process is that it makes the finished casting feel more like the orignal injection molded vinyl (rigidity) with greater flexibility instead of an over all feel of a tire rubber (which only the straps should be).

Good stuff on it's way We're almost there

FP
    Last edited by fettpride; May 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM.
  11. May 5, 2009, 4:22 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #136

Quote fettpride said: View Post
    It's funny you should mention it - I was just about to post an update

The short of it is, yes, each one will inevitably have to be finessed I like how you put that

Mold 2.5 is almost complete. I had a bear of a time with it and had to re-do half of the new one. I think GBH is absolutely right .. I am my own worst enemy

The problem is as I said, the original was manufactured and injection molded. What I'm desperately trying to accomplish is that manufactured look, following the original seam lines ect.

The upside to all of this, is one failed mold taught me really fast, where all of the faults were or would be so that it could be improved for production. I've been fairly lucky over the years where the first mold is most always gold. But from time to time a piece can be complex enough where you need endure some trial and error. Rest assured guys and gals, I'm doing the best I can to make the most faithful repro that can be made without manufacturing facilities With the kind of material being used, we want the least trimming of flashing possible. This material can't be sanded or anything without ruining the pretty black finish. So the idea is to have the lightest flashing that can be trimmed off with an exacto knife and not have to get out a dremel

There is some other good news too - the original material I chose (that I have 10 gallons of) is going to work just peachy. I didn't know there was a way to accelerate the curing. A fortunate side effect of the acceleration process is that it makes the finished casting feel more like the orignal injection molded vinyl (rigidity) with greater flexibility instead of an over all feel of a tire rubber (which only the straps should be).

Good stuff on it's way We're almost there

FP
    Great News FP, like Cojake said, no rush, in the end we all want the same thing, the absolute best product possible, but it is somewhat fun / interesting to hear all "The Making of The Fettpride ESB Side Arm Holster" details!

May 5, 2009, 5:20 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #137

sorry if i skipped it ...... do you have a price shipped to germany?

cheers
    mack
    May 6, 2009, 3:38 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #138

***IMPORTANT UPDATE*** ***TDH INPUT NEEDED***

Ok guys and gals - some interesting developments here. I'm going to discuss this further with GBH too. This is pretty important, but this may upset the whole order of things now

After analyzing some more picture reference, I've come to about a 97% conclusion that the screen used ESB holster is the second issue holster that was talked about earlier in this thread. Not the one with the molded strap (1 st version), but the one with the RIBBED RUBBER add-on pistol grip strap.

Below is a picture you're all familiar with, but lightened up in PS considerably. If you look closely at the strap. you can see the ribs. Marked up in green.

But also pay close attention to the end of the strap where the snap is. It's turned up at the end. This only happens on the rubber strapped version of the holster (we have both). Marked up in green

I'll leave it up to TDH on this. It's for TDH, so this should be your call. While we're at it, I've also marked up the trim job (for the pistol grip) to show an idea of where we came up with this. It's marked up in red. There is better evidence but obviously cannot be published openly yet. At least you can see the method behind the madness as some have requested But you can see the shine where the smooth contour of the holsters edge abruptly angles inward marked up in yellow. This is obviously the holsters built in angle, but it appears to have been trimmed below that molded angle (leaving the elbow angle intact). It is unclear as to how much of the angle was preserved which is why I trimmed the master the way I did. The whole better safe than sorry thing It's further reinforced by the fact that the bottom of the built in angle line is even with the top of the cutoff sheath seen slightly to the right marked up in pink.

The great news is this ... depending on what YOU (TDH) decides ... I've prepared for both. The reason I mentioned that I re did half of the 2.0 mold, was in anticipation of this decision. I've been going back and forth about this in AGONY

If you decide that you want the molded in strap, it's ready to go. If you decide you want the version 2 production holster with the rubber strap because you think I'm seeing things, well ... that's ready too The way I did it was to mold and prep the front half of two holsters But we can't have both, I simply do not have the time to finish two completely different molds because there are many stages to each. Not simp,y two halves, but two halves, an insert, and a spear cavity mold, and neither of them compatible with the other as the spear cavities are different on both (too much flashing inside of one. So, it's up to TDH. it's YOUR call. I'm not as arrogant as some may like to believe to make this decision on my own Also, it should be noted, that the way the holster attaches to the belt, does NOT appear to be by the rubber strap that came with the holster originally that attaches to the top of the holster. It looks like they came up with some other way. It makes sense too, because the thing would be hanging down to your knee with the stock strap

On to the pics ...

The one to the far right is untouched (only lightened) so you can see what's going on in there without the mark ups. Let the games begin. But make it fast, because I'm itching to get this weight off of my shoulders

FP

May 6, 2009, 8:50 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #139

very convincing evidence. I trust your eye Chris. RIBBED RUBBER add-on pistol grip strap vote for me.
  15. FettDad is offline FettDad
    May 6, 2009, 8:51 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #140

as far as i am concerned, go with your "arrogance" brother, and make this thing the way Fettpride would have it...i feel everyone trusts your judgement, and would be pleased with whatever decision you make...you guys have different reference material, and most of us wouldnt have even batted an eye to the differences you have mentioned above... i am happy just having the opportunity to get a casted nemrod holster... i am in for whatever is decided.... if i dont have to paint the sucka, i am good...
    May 6, 2009, 9:47 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #141

Since you have the better evidence go with it, i trust you to get the most accurate holster you can.
    May 6, 2009, 11:03 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #142

I agree with with above as well. You have better photos so you use your judgement. The ribbed rubber would probably be more durable too.
    May 6, 2009, 12:10 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #143

I would say go with what appears to be the most durable version, which seems to be the second issue holster.
    May 6, 2009, 1:47 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #144

Quote cojake said: View Post
    I agree with with above as well. You have better photos so you use your judgement. The ribbed rubber would probably be more durable too.
    agreed
    May 7, 2009, 1:14 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #145

Can we see a similar perspective picture of a real ribbed strap holster? I honestly dont see any evidence of ribbing there but it would help if I knew how big or prominent the ribs were. Also the fact that the end appears to be bent up may be a trick of the light. There are pictures from the deleted cloud city hallway scene that show no bent end nor ribs.

I vote first issue molded in strap version. After all, as you pointed out earlier, it is an easy fix to slice off the molded in strap and replace it with the second issue ribbed strap if you chose that version. But its much harder for someone to add the molded in strap LOL.

Since no solid reference can be provided for either version I say its wise to go with the first issue.
    May 11, 2009, 7:28 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #146

I am interested, could you please send me more info?

Thanks
    May 11, 2009, 8:30 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #147

Is there going to be any more discussion about this? It may not matter so much to everyone which version is chosen but it matters alot to me. I want this replica to be 100% accurate so I never have to worry about finding a real one or buying a better replica.

If we got the molded strap version and new reference ever shows that the retaining strap is ribbed, we would be able to slice off that strap, replace it with the ribbed strap and be 100% accurate. But if clearer reference shows it really is not ribbed and in fact molded in, we would be up a creek with the ribbed strap version as we couldnt correct it to look molded in.

So once again I vote for the molded strap version. Anyone else feel the same?
  23. May 11, 2009, 9:01 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #148

Go with the molded in retaining strap and supply the two ribbed rubber straps along with it, one to mount at the top in order to loop around the girth belt and the second to complete the alteration "WHEN & IF" more detailed High Resolution pictures show other wise!
    May 12, 2009, 12:32 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #149

Ok Guys and gals ... original plan it is then. I shouldn't have stirred the pot on this I suppose. So, the molded strap version is going under tonight.

This thing is really kicking my butt Something that seemed so simple has proven to be one of the most difficult molds I've made in my nearly 15 years at this Well, if it is to be done as flawless as possible, it had to be this way

Working on it ... still

FP
  25. May 12, 2009, 12:47 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #150

Quote fettpride said: View Post
    Ok Guys and gals ... original plan it is then. I shouldn't have stirred the pot on this I suppose. So, the molded strap version is going under tonight.

This thing is really kicking my butt Something that seemed so simple has proven to be one of the most difficult molds I've made in my nearly 15 years at this Well, if it is to be done as flawless as possible, it had to be this way

Working on it ... still

FP
    Were currently assembling the "Milk Man of the Year" award for you! I'm just blowin' you smoke bro, I know it'll be great as always!