Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 15, 2009, 4:13 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #101

PP sent!
  2. Apr 15, 2009, 8:23 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #102

List Updated.

THX Guys, these are going to be awesome!!!

3. Spideyfett is offline Spideyfett
    Apr 15, 2009, 9:34 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #103

Holy!! see what I miss when I fall off the face of the earth.. great work as always FP...Top notch...somethings never change bro.
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Apr 16, 2009 at 9:17 AM.
    Apr 16, 2009, 12:52 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #104

Nice job!
    I hope you do have ref pics the rest of us dont on the sheath area being cut away. I am not sure its cut away quite like this replica it but I only have a few decent pictures.

I could really do without the guide holes for the replacement strap though. It doesnt make sense to have them in the mold. Who knows it anyone with ever have to make this mod? For those who may have to in the distant future, its not too hard to place holes for rivets in the right spot; especially if FP is doing a placement diagram too.

I know the indentations are tiny but it still bothers the heck out of me knowing something was deliberately made a part of the mold for the replica which was not on the original holster and therefore has no place being there. Arent we all striving for accuracy here?

Other than that it is very nice work. I see the mold must have been a bear to make indeed.
    Apr 16, 2009, 3:59 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #105

kbrosseau -

Thanks bro

A couple of things on this -

The indentations you refer to - I'm sorry brother, but that is just a bit too knit pick Technically they're are on the original holster - as holes for rivets on the second version they produced They are very shallow, surely if it bothers an individual, they can be lightly sanded out Remember, they are on the back. This was actually a courtesy. Unfortunately, considering what went into making the mold, I simply cannot justify remaking the mold for these two little impressions.

As far as the sheath pocket is concerned - as I said in my posting about this already, there is a picture that verifies that it is cut this way - what was left to the imagination is exactly how much of a "spine" was left. It is deductive reasoning that dictates how much was left in this case. If they didn't remove the whole pocket, logic would say that it was because they were preserving the logo. Otherwise, there would be no spine at all that is evident, and 1/4 inch of the logo would be missing. If preserving the logo was in fact the case, there really is only one way to cut it allowing it to taper into the bottom of the holster to almost nothing as the picture suggests. Eventually, the picture in question will be shared publicly, but that is up to "Official Pix" as to when - sorry But the general theory behind providing the replica as the pictures show - is to consider the possibility that it may have been cut closer, actually nipping off the logo. This leaves room for correction later, if new reference comes available that proves differently. In other words, leaving a wee bit of room to spare, so that a member can modify it further later (if even necessary), without having to purchase a new holster Also, a courtesy

Of course we're all striving for accuracy? But when we do not have 100% proof positive reference on any particular detail, it's all "best guess work" and deduction. What else can we do? So I tend to take the safest route - I thought that it would have been more appreciated

FP
    Apr 16, 2009, 4:19 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #106

We do what we can with what we have until something better/more accurate comes along. In this case, I'm rather glad I was so badly out of things when I first found TDH. In the years between when I found the board and when I was finally in a position to join, a lot of R&D has been taking place here. I have a very clear before and after picture of the state of things then and now.

I have loved seeing all the revelations of found parts and formerly obscure details being jumped upon and shared and picked over eighteen ways from Sunday. I'm thrilled to see the number of remaining ambiguities and unanswered questions/unsourced bits dwindling as more and more comes to light.

This holster looks to be closer than anything I've seen elsewhere (and I've seen a lot of good work being done in this area), and is a **** sight closer than anyone hoped for a decade ago.

--Jonah
    Apr 16, 2009, 4:43 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #107

Looking awesome guys!
    very well made and clean... (despite mould grime)
    This looks to be a perfect addition to the sidearm... well done to all concerned!
    Hope the info I sent was useful Chris?

I agree with the sheath decision, it is always easier to take material off than to put it back! so if left this way each individual can modify to their own preference. Until of course we get some Holy grail of holster pic...
  8. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Apr 16, 2009, 9:16 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #108

i appreciate ya, Chris!
    Last edited by FettDad; Apr 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM.
    Apr 16, 2009, 5:30 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #109

Thanks guys

UPDATE:

Ok, after discussing it further with kbrosseau, I'm going to nip the little nibs off of the mold that make the two replacement strap impressions. There will be a minor trace of where they used to be, but they will be positive, instead of negative (impressions). Which means that they can be lightly sloughed off - and it will be done before each one is shipped. He's absolutely right in that if the strap ever does break later, a template guide will be more than enough. But I will still include a replacement strap as a courtesy

FP
    Apr 16, 2009, 5:35 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: Accurate ESB Side Arm Holster... #110

Nice touch...
    Glad things got sorted!
    Apr 16, 2009, 7:51 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #111

PP sent!
    Apr 16, 2009, 8:23 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #112

PP sent Chris,

Thank you,
    Timmer
  13. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Apr 16, 2009, 8:37 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #113

Woah!

Ive not been paying close attention but WOW! Gonna be from now on -

Should I shoot off a PM about shipping to Ireland?

Great work - looking forward to picking up one of these bad boys

Dave
    Apr 16, 2009, 11:32 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #114

Thanks Chris! Sorry to be abrupt in my post everyone. Just trying to make a better product by constructive criticism
    Apr 16, 2009, 11:48 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #115

Paypal sent. This holster looks absolutely amazing. I don't know how you got that mold so perfect. Great work!
    Apr 17, 2009, 4:08 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #116

I have to pass, little short on money right now.
    Apr 17, 2009, 3:01 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #117

PP to be sent this weekend !!!! Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Apr 17, 2009, 8:30 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #118

PP sent on this. Thanks for the hard work.

Please note address change with PP. I recently moved from where you sent my last FP order. Thanks again.
    Apr 18, 2009, 1:45 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #119

Just a small update :

Now that the first 10 have paid, I have ordered more materials. It's usually a 3-5 day turn around on that not including the weekend. In the meantime, I'll use what I have to get as many done as possible while finishing up a few things for other members. This is looking really good for the end of the month timeline. Of course, the later the payment, the longer this stretches out into next month though. So just an FYI that if you pay later, the later you will receive your holster because it will have to be made once payment is made

Thanks everyone

FP
    Apr 18, 2009, 8:15 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #120

PP Sent!
    Apr 20, 2009, 12:39 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #121

** UPDATE **

Hi everyone !

Ok, so this is some news for sure. Without telling anyone - I took the liberty to RE-MAKE the mold this last weekend in between getting some orders tied up for other members. It was eating at me after the discussion about the "indentations" After doing a few more test castings (to learn to use the new mold properly, I also discovered that there were some imperfections glaring at me during the process that made me conclude that the mold just will not due - as nice as Mojo's Side Arm is - can't have you guys dressing it up with newspapers, when it's a black tie event ! So a slight delay , but the materials aren't due until Wednesday anyway.

Now BAD NEWS !

Materials. I've deemed that the material that was originally chosen will also not work. Worst case scenario, I will use it if I have to, but it's taking waaaay to long to demold each piece. When we're talking as many members as we are as far as interest goes, we'll be doing this until Hallowen So I've decided to try something different. If it doesn't work out, then it just doesn't. The fall back is the first chosen material. In which case, I'll just have to pull as many a day as I can, and y'all will have to promise to still love me in spite of my speed

K. Gotta run. It's 9:30 PST and I pulled an all nighter. I'm getting too old for this

FP
    Apr 20, 2009, 12:53 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #122

Chris don't worry about how long it takes. I can't believe you re-did the mold. I thought they looked awesome as they were. Thanks for your dedication. Go get some rest.
    Apr 20, 2009, 10:43 PM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #123

Crazy man Chris. I cant believe you redid the mold. Very cool though!
    I am glad you also found some other things to tweak to make it better.
    I agree with FettFanatic, Get some rest.
    Apr 22, 2009, 3:24 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #124

Payment sent. Thank you again for making this holster for us!
  25. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Apr 22, 2009, 8:23 AM - Re: FETTPRIDE: ESB Side Arm Holster is a GO, Accepting Payments #125

Quote dankenman said: View Post
    Payment sent. Thank you again for making this holster for us!
    thought you had an original one, brother? just couldnt pass up another Fettpride project, huh?