Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Oct 7, 2004, 11:06 AM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #26

For those who have contacted me about the lights, and were maybe waiting for the boards to arrive, just wanted to let you know they're here! Because interest in these seems to fluctuate, I didn't order a ton of them ... matter of fact, only 15 boards left unaccounted for. Just FYI.

Thanks,

ATM
    ShackMan
    Oct 8, 2004, 3:58 PM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #27

I just got mine in yesterday and I must say they are awesome. If anyone is on the fence about these take my word for it, they are great. I cannot compare them to anyone elses lights but these are killer.
    Oct 8, 2004, 4:18 PM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #28

I just ordered a set, I was on the fence for awhile about using the bicycle light or not, but I spent so much already I figured why not.
  4. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Oct 8, 2004, 6:10 PM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #29

Fence sitters ...

OK, just kiddin'. Got your PayPal, and will be finishing them up as soon as my next batch of parts arrives (shipped out today).

Thanks for the kind words Predatormv!

Thanks,

ATM
  5. Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Oct 8, 2004, 8:39 PM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #30

I got one as well from Shackman and they are the real deal. But what do I know I'm a "newbie". Thanks again Shackman.
  6. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Oct 9, 2004, 2:33 AM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #31

Remember ... *I* didn't dis newbies. And thank YOU! I'm always glad to play a part in completing someone else's suit. It's nice to know my work is admired by others (since I'm sure I'll never have a suit of my own).

ATM
    ShackMan
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Oct 19, 2004, 2:46 PM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #32

OK, one more update. Several members have taken advantge of my pre-Halloween sale, and I want to thank those of you who have ... nice to see there's still interest in my work!

However, I wanted to remind everyone how quick Halloween is coming up. I'm offering the sale price from now until Halloween. HOWEVER ... if you want the lights FOR Halloween, I need the orders in by this weekend. I have just enough parts to build the orders I have now, so any new orders will require a parts order (takes a day, not counting the weekend). Then I have to have time to build them, and mail them to you.

So again, the sale is good through Halloween. But anyone needing their lights specifically in time for Halloween, you only have through this weekend to guarantee on-time delivery. And for anyone in the DFW or Oklahoma area, if you're attending the sci-fi con in Dallas this weekend, I'll try to have one or two sets on-hand.

Thanks!

ATM
    ShackMan
    Oct 20, 2004, 12:30 PM - Re: FettLight sale (see last post) #33

As a 2+ year veteran of TDH, I'd like to throw my review of ShackMan's lights into the ring...

I ordered my lights in June, 2002. I received them promptly and installed them immediately. In the time since installation, I have trooped upwards of 60 events with the 501st Legion while wearing the lights, often times for 6-8 hours per event. The lights are not only accurate, but durable and stand up to the rigors of costuming and trooping.

My suit has endured a variety of conditions in the past 2 years/60 events, and the ShackLights have NEVER FAILED ME ONCE!!!

ShackMan's reputation for quality design and after-sales support are near legendary in the costuming community. I paid $100 (or maybe more) for my set back in 2002, and I would pay DOUBLE that today knowing what I know about them. I never fail to have people ask me about them at events, especially the kids. They're thrilled by the lights, and the adults start conversations trying to figure them out.

If you're on the fence, hop down and ORDER A SET. You won't regret it, and at the current price, you'll kick yourself later if you don't. Trust me.

ShackMan, excellent work!