Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Aug 21, 2005, 6:35 PM - Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #1

I set out to identify two of the greeblies on the ESB DH17 and a greeblie on the Jabba's Palace blaster. After two weeks of staying up until 3am researching more model kits than I would ever want to shake a stick it... I found them, plus another greeblie that I wasn't even looking for!

I was surprised and delighted that all four come from the same model kit.

Missile on side of the ESB DH17 (Sidewinder)

Greeblie above trigger guard on ESB DH17

Rocket shape on the Jabba's Palace blaster

Greeblie on the side of the Boba Fett ROTJ blaster

And the donor kit is...

Vintage Revel 1/32 scale F-4E Phantom II.

Make sure its this variation as not all the F-4Es have the same weapons racks.

These kits seem to be very rare but the same parts (or very similar) are probably found on other kits. Tamaiya also made a similar kit.
    Aug 21, 2005, 8:04 PM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #2

Sweet! Any plans to make the Fett Greeblie?
  3. SingleSeat is offline SingleSeat
    Aug 22, 2005, 6:46 AM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #3

Excellent!!! Nice work. Any chance of a close up pic of that piece in kit form? Is that it down in the lower right-hand corner of the sprue? It's called a TER (Triple Ejector Rack), but what's up with the attachment point (at the pylon)...I ruled out the F-4 because of it's pylon shape, and it turns out the part has little to do with the aircraft's pylon shape. This TER appears to be a part that slides into the F-4's pylon. Is this the case?

I actually built that kit as a kid!! Doh! I threw it out as a kid too!
  4. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Aug 22, 2005, 7:41 AM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #4

Yep that's the TER in the bottom right corner of the picture.

I have some close up photos at home I can post later.

No idea about attachment points or pylons... maybe that pic of the built up kit has been customised?

I'm sure someone will offer casting now that the identity of the piece is known.

Quote SingleSeatForever said:
    Excellent!!! Nice work. Any chance of a close up pic of that piece in kit form? Is that it down in the lower right-hand corner of the sprue? It's called a TER (Triple Ejector Rack), but what's up with the attachment point (at the pylon)...I ruled out the F-4 because of it's pylon shape, and it turns out the part has little to do with the aircraft's pylon shape. This TER appears to be a part that slides into the F-4's pylon. Is this the case?

I actually built that kit as a kid!! Doh! I threw it out as a kid too!
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Aug 22, 2005, 8:56 PM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #5

One set will be going on my Fett ROTJ and one set will be going on my ESB DH17.
    Aug 24, 2005, 9:38 AM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #6

Wow! great find kurtyboy! I sure hope those TER's end up in some silicone.
  7. Member Since
    Aug 2003
    Sep 27, 2005, 6:56 AM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #7

No demand for them it seems.

I have a few sets of real ones for sale though.

Quote Rednave said:
    Wow! great find kurtyboy! I sure hope those TER's end up in some silicone.
    Sep 27, 2005, 1:57 PM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #8

Quote kurtyboy said:

One set will be going on my Fett ROTJ and one set will be going on my ESB DH17.

HEY! Can I get a set of these?

Did you have another thread where you were selling resin copies of these as well?

Thanks, Ken
    Sep 27, 2005, 5:14 PM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #9

Quote kurtyboy said:

PM sent
    Oct 6, 2005, 10:55 PM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #10

PM sent as well! Id be very interested if there is any left!
    shunned

Quote kurtyboy said:

Oct 26, 2005, 6:06 AM - Re: Fett ROTJ blaster greeblie Identified! Plus 3 other Star Wars blaster greeblies! #11

Could someone repostpost the images please since I have only red-x showing