Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 16, 2011, 7:26 AM - Re: Fett Files #51

Im more excited now
  2. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Feb 16, 2011, 9:38 AM - Re: Fett Files #52

Quote Evilhemmes said: View Post
    Been mucking around for the last few weeks playing with silicons, acrylics and resins, anyways made some moulds (pinkysil, great product by the way, silicon at work was way too light) of the red no 15 reamers (helmet Nub) and have cast some in easycast resin (another great product, picked up every detail)i then sprued them to a job at work and cast them up, got 10 out of the 12 that i was happy with.
    Castings are coming out really nicely! I wonder if it might not be a good idea to try to cast a small screw into these so they could be bolted on to the helmet.
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 16, 2011, 10:06 AM - Re: Fett Files #53

Art he was looking at putting wire into it to afix them to the MQ1
    Feb 16, 2011, 12:33 PM - Re: Fett Files #54

I think a bolt might make them be in too perfectly. I know it's probably just from having gotten beaten up over the years, but the shots where you can see them, they are crooked and uneven. The wire would lend itself nicely to that.
  5. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Feb 16, 2011, 2:47 PM - Re: Fett Files #55

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Art he was looking at putting wire into it to afix them to the MQ1
    But... they don't attach to the MQ-1...
  6. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 16, 2011, 5:44 PM - Re: Fett Files #56

They come with ,like half the file still cast on to them all i did was heat the end up and pushed it through the plastic, and once i have a helmet worthy of these, ill do the same and then bend the end thats stiks out the other side down to holdem solid,
    on that subject is there any pics of the pre pro2 interior in its early stages, before the interior was pulle out ? i really need one,
    or at least is it know if it had the same workings as, say the esb helmet , (Is the ESB lid the only one we have pics of the compleate interior?
    And yeah only the top half of the slots actually has the MQ1 behind them the lower side seams to have ,visor perspex behind them

Actually i dont know what he'll be doing for the resin ones but a bit of wire would work well,
    I think they are a bit to small to but a screw in there and for it to be workable,
    if he does make these avalible in metal like the ones i and a few other lucky people got from him, they will be worth what ever he decides to sell them as , trully one of the best castings ive ever seen
    Last edited by BGHunter; Feb 16, 2011 at 5:53 PM.
    Feb 16, 2011, 10:18 PM - Re: Fett Files #57

was actually going to put a cut the bolt tip off and phaser weld it to the back half of the nub, i bought small bolts for this, but not being able to tweak the nubs as shown in S1P's collage and ref pics, Art im curious as to how these are attached if you could shed light, it looks as if the nub sits on the mq1/BP, looking at S1P's top pic on his thread u can see the transistor at the top of vent so this is half of the mq1-backing plate (i did say backing plate, what ever it is in the above posts).
    just some pics i was using for reference
    Heilman Helmet_05,
    http://gallery.thedentedhelmet.com/v...t_011.jpg.html
    RotJ_HD_078
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 17, 2011 at 5:40 AM.
    Feb 17, 2011, 5:32 AM - Re: Fett Files #58

Quote jinto said: View Post
    Well i was stoked to come home the other day and find a package from Evil E ,and in it were 2 metal nubs along with another little gem ,
    All i can say is THESE ARE 100% ACURATE , if you get to hold one of these youl be shoked at how good they are ,and i hope he decides to make copys of these becouse they are amazing id seriously pay $50 for a set the casting methods he uses are proffesional dental tec methods , they are so good , that i now am ampt to put them on my GMH along with an acruate borden and some metal ears, and a real micro switch (found a great supplyer, and 2 are in the post) ,And a real MQ1 board (not to mention the interior workings
    I could seriously blow my horn about these for pages but i wont, I seriouslly hope E desides to do a run becouse they will be the perfect finishing peice for a PP2, rotj or sandy style helmetsAttachment 50885Attachment 50884
    cheers mate dunno about that much, all though there is a bit of work in these, but its all about the community, i have all intentions off running these, just see what some of the other champions here have to say. the good thing about having casts over machined is that its a non sterile, you will actually have a cast of what i have, the right amount of parallel finger grips, the 15 the way it stamped on my originals, and the diameter, as the files increment is size as they go up, some small blemishes are inherited all thats missing is the paint but that is something i will persist with to test as discussed above. obviously with machining i would endeavour to take the originals to the manufaturer for 3d cad machining/lasercutting? to have them as close to possible ect.

Quote stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    while i'd love originals some day to go with my mq1 and other found parts, resin casts are 100% better than the nothing i have now! thanks so much for the effort on this!
    Quote stormtrooperguy said: View Post
    I think a bolt might make them be in too perfectly. I know it's probably just from having gotten beaten up over the years, but the shots where you can see them, they are crooked and uneven. The wire would lend itself nicely to that.

thanks STG so far i only plan to do 2 versions metal as passed on to the other guys to trial and test and resin. 8mm stainless springhardned with a small loop for rentetion for the pure resin dipped as it sets, and so far as mentioned the stainless 8mm welded on the back of the CoCr castings, the other option was to maybe thread the casting sprue. i think the wire is the way to go as cheap as it sounds i reckon they would have heated the end pushed it through then either cut it or crimped,then glued or i dont think the file could have screwed in using the cutting part of it as its just to fine this number file the larger sizes the 70 and 90's sizes there would be no problem there, hoping Art can shed light here.

The metal cast was exactly what I was talking about!
    should be hitting you soon, posted last friday
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 19, 2011 at 8:30 PM.
  9. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 17, 2011, 6:00 AM - Re: Fett Files #59

Im excited man spoke with Art on this yesterday and as far as I can tell from pics of inside the helmet the MQ1 does NOT hold the files but a seperate peice of plastic, the MQ1 is cut in half and where the files are is a piece of plastic not the MQ1 bottom half as it resides in the gauntlet with the keypad.

Also I spoke with Nathan and I just from the pics and jinto your gonna have to make ALOT of these. I know Im gonna want more for sure
  10. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 17, 2011, 6:14 AM - Re: Fett Files #60

I deffinately NEED one for my jetpack now too, more detective work has led me to see this for the first time on the ROTJ pack...

Been broken off here

Feb 17, 2011, 6:18 AM - Re: Fett Files #61

Im excited man spoke with Art on this yesterday and as far as I can tell from pics of inside the helmet the MQ1 does NOT hold the files but a seperate peice of plastic, the MQ1 is cut in half and where the files are is a piece of plastic not the MQ1 bottom half as it resides in the gauntlet with the keypad.

Also I spoke with Nathan and I just from the pics and jinto your gonna have to make ALOT of these. I know Im gonna want more for sure
    ok so thanks for clearing that up, as i dont have the lid to di-sect i didnt know what it was, all i could do was go by the pics in the gallery, and as jinto said as well. so does that mean we have to cut our mq1 boards in half (crying) lol.

Jinto making them i thought i was?

F4R u gonna help me with that little errand it that still cool
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 17, 2011 at 7:41 PM.
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 17, 2011, 6:29 AM - Re: Fett Files #62

yessir I am got it covered, Im gonna grab some blue and red of that paint and see how it turns out, if not can u andonize the stuff u used? I may know someone who can do it...or powdercoat it? This is if the paint doesnt work out on it...as for the MQ1 in theory yes...the top is deffinately the MQ1 no paint on the backside and the lower half is black plastic molded to the curve of the keyslots...
    ROTJ helmet

ESB helmet.
    Feb 17, 2011, 6:42 AM - Re: Fett Files #63

[QUOTE=Fett 4 Real;532837]yessir I am got it covered, Im gonna grab some blue and red of that paint and see how it turns out, if not can u andonize the stuff u used? I may know someone who can do it...or powdercoat it? This is if the paint doesnt work out on it...as for the MQ1 in theory yes...the top is deffinately the MQ1 no paint on the backside and the lower half is black plastic molded to the curve of the keyslots...
    ROTJ helmet

ESB helmet.

The low melt alloy, yes can be colored but with the CoCr they have to be painted after which I'm sure the originals are as the paint is very easy to mark and as stated the paint after so many sterilizations brings them back to raw metal.
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 22, 2011 at 6:33 PM.
  14. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 17, 2011, 6:45 AM - Re: Fett Files #64

So Im convinced the ROTJ hero pack at least, was one of the prepro packs and would have a red 15 on it next to the stabilizer, need to do some mods to my pack anyhow, seeing a few things that have changed my opinion on certain colors...something to do while paint dries on the GMH hehe
    Last edited by Fett 4 Real; Feb 17, 2011 at 7:02 AM.
  15. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 17, 2011, 7:12 AM - Re: Fett Files #65

[QUOTE=Evilhemmes;532828]cheers mate dunno about that much, all though there is a bit of work in these, but its all about the community, i have all intentions off running these, just see what some of the other champions here have to say.

Well ill pay 50 for another set , In fact let me put an order for one more set of metal ones ,
  16. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 17, 2011, 7:20 AM - Re: Fett Files #66

Jinto making them i thought i was?
    MWAHAHAHAHHA My plan has worked , you have sent me 2 ,i know will cast them and make----- $MILLIONS
    My retierment is sound

I couldnt make these if i tryed they are done with REAL metal cassting methods , when explaining the prosses to me once all i herd was bla bla bla crucible (bbecouse crucible is mentioned in a Star wars comic ) bla bla bla ,
    Evil is the only one who can do these
    Feb 18, 2011, 10:38 PM - Re: Fett Files #67

Any ideas on when you are going to start selling these? awesome work! i feel like i owe you a beer or something...
  18. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 19, 2011, 11:50 PM - Re: Fett Files #68

I dont know if ive just been staring at to many fett pics but PP2 16a.jpg
    Is it just me or does this image of the PP2 suit , taken for the Kenner pics seem to have a file in each key slot all 6 ?

EDIT]
    Looks like it is just an added extra drwn on to the image , like the blaster bolt , so you can all relax
    Last edited by BGHunter; Feb 20, 2011 at 3:09 AM.
    Feb 22, 2011, 3:16 PM - Re: Fett Files #69

they can be found

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fettfilesmm.JPG 
Views:	273 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	51045
    Feb 22, 2011, 5:32 PM - Re: Fett Files #70

Quote JimmyC said: View Post
    Any ideas on when you are going to start selling these? awesome work! i feel like i owe you a beer or something...
    as soon as i can at this stage is all i can say, just waiting on some feedback ect, meet you at the cantina for that beer, bit of spice and a shifty hand under the table for some nub action LOL

Quote volkerc said: View Post
    they can be found

congratz, im happy to see some of the information given was able to help you with finding some originals
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM.
  21. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 22, 2011, 9:51 PM - Re: Fett Files #71

Quote volkerc said: View Post
    they can be found

Nice work volkerc,
    Last edited by BGHunter; Feb 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM.
  22. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 22, 2011, 10:34 PM - Re: Fett Files #72

*** these things you sent me Evil are far beyond what I thought was going to arrive. Theyre AWESOME...great craftsmanship they look like theyre the real deal only not painted man...Ima run to the store for paint tomorrow I hope b4 i leave for a work trip this weekend I wanna get it figured out color wise
    Feb 22, 2011, 11:53 PM - Re: Fett Files #73

*** these things you sent me Evil are far beyond what I thought was going to arrive. Theyre AWESOME...great craftsmanship they look like theyre the real deal only not painted man...Ima run to the store for paint tomorrow I hope b4 i leave for a work trip this weekend I wanna get it figured out color wise
    ok chief thanks for the kind words, i got some paint today lol, mucking around now. thanks for being part of this trial, and to woody,lufo,jinto and hopefully soon to be mystery recipient
    Feb 22, 2011, 11:58 PM - Re: Fett Files #74

i'm a mystery!
  25. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 22, 2011, 11:59 PM - Re: Fett Files #75

Quote Evilhemmes said: View Post
    ok chief thanks for the kind words, i got some paint today lol, mucking around now. thanks for being part of this trial, and to woody,lufo,jinto and hopefully soon to be mystery recipient
    Damm bro i think i need to try some more out seriously amazing and finding the right number thats the good part they way i see it if they dont have the number 15 on them you may as well use a tyre valve cap