Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jan 22, 2011, 4:47 PM - Re: Fett Files #26

Absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for your dedication to finding these!
    Jan 22, 2011, 8:13 PM - Re: Fett Files #27

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    So when u gonna make replicas
    as soon as you finish those 2 beautiful GMH's congratz on your helmet arrival and numbering

have a few things to finish off but as soon as humanly possible, let me cast them first see what you think.
    Jan 22, 2011, 8:24 PM - Re: Fett Files #28

are you planning on getting them in resin or might we be able to get them machined in aluminum? Or even better, could you order more originals and distribute them?
    Jan 22, 2011, 9:20 PM - Re: Fett Files #29

Quote saint_nasty said: View Post
    are you planning on getting them in resin or might we be able to get them machined in aluminum? Or even better, could you order more originals and distribute them?
    I would like to show you what they look like in chrome 1st, see if we can retain the detail ect, chrome is a bit tougher than aluminum and it would be accurate within a micron (only from heat shrinkage) but to keep costs lower aluminum could be on the cards, and resin copy could be a goer for the more budget fetts as well, as a 1st timer i dont want to put my foot in it. As for originals ill post the info what to look for, i didnt even get complete sets. From the manufacturer micromega these are not made anymore, its to do with strerilzation and sadly the throw away society plastic is cheap, the plastic ended ones are one use throw away even though they can withstand the heat of being sterilzed, its not worth the dentist being sued for a file fracture and leaving a piece of metal inside your tooth.
    This was like looking for a needle in a haystack.
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Jan 27, 2011 at 4:17 AM.
    Jan 22, 2011, 9:41 PM - Re: Fett Files #30

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB%20Fett%20Poster.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	53897ok so for the name of the file company it is Micromega, they are based all round the world USA,UK,France and Germany, J&S davis are a carrier for this company in the UK. Micromega assure me that these are not made anymore, infact most of the replys i had were back to my dealer in australia and they were not helpful at all, only offering there current NiTi file. Proof of this, is in these photo's of the archived dental catalogue and via the logos and plastic casings shown via pictures. MM stands for Micromega the number 15 reamers for the helmet in my opinion are secured, but as you can see via the photo's of metal handled files for gaunt possibilities and JP there could be many variables. this information is here for Art to Utilise as well as for all of you to add to your fleabay watch listings for the gentlemen and women that must have the real deal if you decide to run with what i have found.

A big thankyou to Dr Scott Swank National Museum of Dentistry Baltimore, and Miss Melanie Parker Museum Education Officer BDA Museum UK for there help with confirmations,references and photo's.
    At some stage i'd love to get us a brick donation at Dr Swanks museum $150 to have a big TDH imprinted on it to say thanks.

Thankyou all for persisting with my dribble, and your kind words, a nice pick me up to dire times in my town/state
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Jun 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
  6. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jan 22, 2011, 9:57 PM - Re: Fett Files #31

Yeh...waiting on the second one to arrive...but thats the one I NEED files for as it will be my ROTJ lid
  7. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Jan 24, 2011, 1:15 AM - Re: Fett Files #32

Quote Evilhemmes said: View Post
    At some stage i'd love to get us a brick donation at Dr Swanks museum $150 to have a big TDH imprinted on it to say thanks.
    If this guy helped with the finding of these parts, I'd be willing to throw in $50 towards a brick.
    Jan 24, 2011, 11:12 AM - Re: Fett Files #33

WOW... Amazing detective work!
    Feb 9, 2011, 6:04 AM - Re: Fett Files #34

Been mucking around for the last few weeks playing with silicons, acrylics and resins, anyways made some moulds (pinkysil, great product by the way, silicon at work was way too light) of the red no 15 reamers (helmet Nub) and have cast some in easycast resin (another great product, picked up every detail)i then sprued them to a job at work and cast them up, got 10 out of the 12 that i was happy with. Here's a few pics so far

Name:	IMG_1699.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	50668Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1701.JPG 
Views:	161 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	50669Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1702.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.87 MB 
ID:	50670Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1706.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	50667
    comparison cast one metal chrome against the actual no 15 reamer

im still playing with some other stuff, some low melt alloy (dyed,coloured) ect
    and seeking quotes for fabrication.

sending out some samples to see what some of the guys around here think ect.
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 23, 2011 at 2:49 AM.
  10. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2011, 6:58 AM - Re: Fett Files #35

awesome work
  11. Feb 9, 2011, 7:08 AM - Re: Fett Files #36

PayPal sent!!!
    But seriously, amazing work mate.
    These are looking fantastic.
    I eagerly await the time that you release these to us covetous Fettophiles, I mean noble membership.
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Feb 9, 2011, 7:37 AM - Re: Fett Files #37

Holy wow.
    Feb 9, 2011, 8:45 AM - Re: Fett Files #38

these are getting better and better! dude, excellent work. when you get ready to turn this into an interest thread put me down for two for an rotj helmet.
    Feb 9, 2011, 9:33 AM - Re: Fett Files #39

Wow....not only are you a Sherlock Holmes....but a pretty good craftsman at that! Look forward to getting in on a run of these!
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2011, 11:01 AM - Re: Fett Files #40

I'll definitely be interested!

Would you be supplying originals, or casts?
    Feb 9, 2011, 12:13 PM - Re: Fett Files #41

awesome job well done when I do my ROTJ lid I will be needing a set.
    Feb 10, 2011, 4:55 AM - Re: Fett Files #42

Quote Dahone said: View Post
    Wow....not only are you a Sherlock Holmes....but a pretty good craftsman at that! Look forward to getting in on a run of these!
    D
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 10, 2011 at 5:22 AM.
    Feb 10, 2011, 4:58 AM - Re: Fett Files #43

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    I'll definitely be interested!

Would you be supplying originals, or casts?

man would love to find a big fat cache of these (and 9000 webleys) and would be happy to, but as it stands originals are gonna be like a mq1 clac, glenross rare as rocking-horse poo, the best i can do is rattle these out best i can, ive taken moulds of my number 15 originals and then cast them, from what i have, so yep there is some details that have been picked up, from damage of the files laying around in the pkt ect, they have come out on the casts, some of the 15's that were stamped on the backs have not come out superclean on the originals and you can see the small sprue moulding on the tops around the 15's so the micro-mega manufacturing process wasnt flawless, this is only minute and in some way adds abit of character. i was really taken back with the pinkysil and the easycast at how accurate it was to get all that detail, it is really great stuff. Im still playing and i know you guys are hankering (itching) for some, im just seeing what looks good, what works best, ect and making in all important cost as low as possible and sourceing machining, i have 2 kids so time is a biggie for me, and i dont want to hand out rubbish when the standard is set so high on this abfab website of vendors.

today i put a small recess in the bottom of the nub and phaser (Hybrid) welded, springhardned stainless wire to the bottom of nub end as to replicate the file end which i think was possibly used to heat and push place the files into the silicon of the mq1 half/backing plate, this sounds barbaric and rough as guts but to attain that slight tweak of the nubs on the helmet i thought with F4R's help that this could be a go'er, i was thinking screw or bolt but there would be no abilty to left or right tweak as to how to how you would want them set, i also then used an high heat silver solder to strengthen the weld over the top, so im hoping they should be strong enough for a tweak here or there, but as any metal work hardening will only break over time, and have left them unpainted as i know some have preference and would love to see if the other guys have different colours on offer for the red closer than what i have.
    cheers

Name:	IMG_1718.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	50706 this is the length of wire added, i thought this was more than enough as the board + the backing plate + allow that half a mil that is stands off the board i only think this as there looks to be a shadow cast againts S1P's pics, collage and gallery pics and enought to give you some play wether you decide to crimp it and glue on the other end ect, but this is why im testing.

hey i reckon get some ear stud backings and we can all have the wives, girlfreinds, partners, husbands a set or pair of earings, might improve the reception
    as to what these are suppose to be referred as, im thinking maybe small antenna so all of fetts equipment can talk to eachother ect
    Last edited by Evilhemmes; Feb 19, 2011 at 7:21 PM.
  19. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 10, 2011, 6:02 AM - Re: Fett Files #44

I was thinking about trying some of the andonized paint they sell at auto parts stores...maybe give that a go over silver?
    Feb 10, 2011, 9:44 AM - Re: Fett Files #45

could you mold it with about an inch and a half length of solid wire, maybe an 18 or 20 guage. that way it would be long enough to be set in the nub and there's plenty to work with when attaching it to the helmet.
  21. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 10, 2011, 10:02 AM - Re: Fett Files #46

Thats what he did after with the phaser weld
    Feb 10, 2011, 4:32 PM - Re: Fett Files #47

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    I was thinking about trying some of the andonized paint they sell at auto parts stores...maybe give that a go over silver?
    yeah mate for sure, i was thinking this too but my model shop didnt have anything and the guy behind the counter, said the ones i had would go straight over the silver, No undercoat needed as i try to expalin i wanted to retain that polished look through the paint, i was looking online and saw this colour chart, im sure you guys over there will have more to choose from, the real files when you look at them even though they are the same files they appear different in colour 1 is darker then the rest, i guess the fading over time, when they are sterilized they loose there paint over time back to the raw metal.

YouTube - CHROME COLOR 2

check out the red on that bust, what brand VHT or Duplicolor - Metalcast Anodized Color Paint something like that

Amazon.com: Duplicolor - Metalcast Anodized Color Paint, Yellow, 11 oz. can (MC202): Automotive
  23. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 10, 2011, 4:36 PM - Re: Fett Files #48

The metal cast was exactly what I was talking about!
    Feb 12, 2011, 10:02 PM - Re: Fett Files #49

while i'd love originals some day to go with my mq1 and other found parts, resin casts are 100% better than the nothing i have now! thanks so much for the effort on this!
  25. BGHunter is offline BGHunter
    Feb 16, 2011, 2:17 AM - Re: Fett Files #50

Well i was stoked to come home the other day and find a package from Evil E ,and in it were 2 metal nubs along with another little gem ,
    All i can say is THESE ARE 100% ACURATE , if you get to hold one of these youl be shoked at how good they are ,and i hope he decides to make copys of these becouse they are amazing id seriously pay $50 for a set the casting methods he uses are proffesional dental tec methods , they are so good , that i now am ampt to put them on my GMH along with an acruate borden and some metal ears, and a real micro switch (found a great supplyer, and 2 are in the post) ,And a real MQ1 board (not to mention the interior workings
    I could seriously blow my horn about these for pages but i wont, I seriouslly hope E desides to do a run becouse they will be the perfect finishing peice for a PP2, rotj or sandy style helmetsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04418.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	50885Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04419.JPG 
Views:	159 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	50884
    Last edited by BGHunter; Feb 16, 2011 at 2:40 AM.