Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Jan 1, 2012, 7:07 PM - Which Fett costume do you prefer? #1

I am in the process of getting a suit together (ESB), and I was wondering which suit do you prefer?
    Jan 2, 2012, 11:10 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #2

That's an age-old question, Rasputin! Take a look at this thread to get some opinions: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f23/e...do-i-go-43362/

By the way, it's ESB or nothing! ;-)
    Jan 2, 2012, 11:15 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #3

Though I like the ESB helmet much better, I like the grey/faded blue and camouflage green cape of ROTJ. I also like the ROTJ blaster better as well. Anyway, just my $.02!
  4. Jan 2, 2012, 11:22 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #4

ESB all the way for me. Always has been, always will be, no matter what the current Fett trend is at the time lol. The only thing i sometimes like better on the ROTJ is the red gaunts. But other than that, i like the all military green of the ESB and the flashtube end on the blaster.
    Jan 5, 2012, 8:44 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #5

ESb for me to i like all the green tones and side arm more of a hunter look. rotj has to many colors, looks more like paintball to me.
    Jan 6, 2012, 4:40 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #6

ESB all the way. Yeah, the baby blue jumpsuit is a bit... ****. But the uniform green camo all over is much nicer. Plus with the uniform yellow accents on the Jetpack, Helmet & armour is nice (Killstripes, the yellow knobs at the top and bottom of the jetpack with the yellow scratches on the armour). It just feels like a more uniform, much more thought about costume than ROTJ looks. Also, I hate the orange killstripes and the blue upper cheeks on the helmet. :P
  7. Jan 7, 2012, 11:52 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #7

Quote JayBox325 said: View Post
    ESB all the way. Yeah, the baby blue jumpsuit is a bit... ****. But the uniform green camo all over is much nicer. Plus with the uniform yellow accents on the Jetpack, Helmet & armour is nice (Killstripes, the yellow knobs at the top and bottom of the jetpack with the yellow scratches on the armour). It just feels like a more uniform, much more thought about costume than ROTJ looks. Also, I hate the orange killstripes and the blue upper cheeks on the helmet. :P
    i agree completely. Actually, alot of the ESB jumpsuits i see are a bit TOO blue. When i dyed mine i left it in half the time they recommend. So if done right, the blue is very subtle and i actually kinda like it. go figure lol.
    Jan 8, 2012, 9:50 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #8

Quote tu71586 said: View Post
    Though I like the ESB helmet much better, I like the grey/faded blue and camouflage green cape of ROTJ. I also like the ROTJ blaster better as well. Anyway, just my $.02!
    Along with the gauntlets/jetpack,This is why I love the SE version and that's what I decided to go with.
  9. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Jan 8, 2012, 11:09 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #9

ESB for me as its the first and most iconic bobafett!
  10. Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Jan 8, 2012, 12:12 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #10

I have started collecting bits for an ESB Fett as others have said, the first view of him is for me the most iconic, not the shot of him being eaten by the sarlac.

Craig
  11. Member Since
    Jan 2012
    Jan 9, 2012, 4:18 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #11

Quote abaddon1974 said: View Post
    I have started collecting bits for an ESB Fett as others have said, the first view of him is for me the most iconic, not the shot of him being eaten by the sarlac.

Craig
    Ah, but the suit he enters the sarlaac in is the suit he kicks the sarlaac's *** in as well (assuming sarlaacs have some sort of an excretory system - which must not be very efficient if they digest their victims over the course of 1000 years).

SE suit for me, too. I love everything about the RotJ outfit except the frakking weathering on Fett's bucket. It lacks the texture the ESB helmet has. ESB bucket will always be the best helmet, IMO.
    Jan 12, 2012, 7:43 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #12

Although the ROTJ version seems like maybe too many colors, I like that version far more than ESB. The ESB jetpack, I feel, is too flat. There is almost no color variation at all (being on of the only few pieces of interest to look at from the back this is somewhat crippling to the design). However, the ROTJ suite is not without flaws (it's battle damage is 'patchy' whereas the ESB version has a more weathered look to it that is visually more appealing). The ROTJ SE takes a little from both worlds and has the ROTJ jetpack, gauntlets, jumpsuit, and cape but also applies ESB weathering and shade of green. In the end though, it's not what we want out of your costume IT'S WHAT YOU WANT. In the words of Boba Fett, it should be "As you wish"...
    Jan 13, 2012, 4:24 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #13

ESB is nice because it gives you that military look but I just can't seem to get over the blue jump suit haha! SE just seams to have to much going on with it (extra ammo pouches, more hoses) it just makes me think **** he must have a hell of a time when he needs to say be lite on his feet in battle. So for me it's ROTJ all the way I just really dig on the different colors.

Chris
    Jan 13, 2012, 9:38 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #14

ESB of course!

IMG]http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/Clonecollector/1230975654_5byaS-M.jpg[/IMG]
    Jan 13, 2012, 9:43 AM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #15

ESB of course!

Jan 31, 2012, 11:00 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #16

I actually like the ROTJ (classic) version. The blue cheekbones justifies the blue in the multi-colored jetpack (bleeds the colors out a bit more. yay color bounce!) and I like the overall outfit too! I find the ROTJ visually the most appealing.
    Feb 8, 2012, 1:12 PM - Re: Which Fett costume do you prefer? #17

I like the pre pro 2 . I love the figure when it came out back in 78 . It's just nostalgic for me I guess.