Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 15, 2003, 12:53 AM - Fett boot refunds? #1

Juat checking if anybody had recieved thier refund for the latest attempt at the foot wear run??...
  2. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    May 15, 2003, 2:28 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #2

Nope..I've tried to contact MC, but has not heard anything back
  3. Ego
    May 15, 2003, 6:37 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #3

Last I talked to him was a month or so ago. Said he's slowly but surely working down the list.

I know of a few people who've gotten their refunds though.

Here's what I last had from him:

At 03:35 PM 19/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Jeremy,

Yes, that is true. I'm doing my best to get everybody refunded. It's going to take a while. I just blew my whole packcheck on refunds this week. I get paid in another 3 weeks. I'll send out your refund then.

Sorry,
    MC
    May 15, 2003, 6:40 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #4

I suspect that last post will be edited "to protect the innocent", re: use of full name

Si
  5. Ego
    May 15, 2003, 6:45 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #5

Good eye . . . I'm usually better than that - can't believe I didn't notice it!

DOH!

Jer
    May 15, 2003, 11:32 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #6

I haven't heard anything for about 3 weeks. He did get back to me, but yeah, said it will take some time I guess
    May 16, 2003, 10:47 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #7

Just wondering here...

Why if he never had any boots actually made does he not have everyone's money? Shouldn't it have all been saved away somewhere? Obviously not... he spent it all and now has to come up with everyone's money. That is POOR, POOR business if you ask me. If you don't have the product, you shouldn't be collecting all the money for it!!!!

Just my 2 credits.
    May 17, 2003, 2:27 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #8

webchief wrote:

Just wondering here...

Why if he never had any boots actually made does he not have everyone's money?
    Agreed - but I will just wait patiently for the refund. Thanks for letting me know that at least some have gotten thier money back - at least I feel that I will see it someday.
  9. Ego
    May 17, 2003, 10:01 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #9

Well, that was my question awhile ago too.

I mean, I don't have a problem sending money before something is made (although I can understand why some people would have a problem with that I guess). Ideally they'd have the product ready to ship once they get our money but, let's face it, with the amount of orders he had (and the custom sized nature of boots), it's a lot to ask to ask a guy to have $5000 sitting there to put into boots, then wait for the orders to come in (and hope they're for the sizes he produced). I know I don't have that kind of scratch laying around.

But, I think back to any run that I've done of anything here, I've asked for the money up front, but, I've always kept it totally separate from any other money of mine, so that if for some reason, things don't go well, I can get the money back to them pretty much at the drop of a hat.

I'll wait, and I'm sure we'll get the money but, agreed, very poor business.

Jer
    May 19, 2003, 8:01 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #10

Well like EGO kind of said, whatever his business is at home is just that. I'm not gonna grill him to ask what he spent my money on up front. Sure I didn't like waiting for my boots anymore than the next guy, and I sure as heck wasn't the most happy person when I found out they couldn't be made. However, I waited it out and low and behold my refund returned to me in full. Just sit tight and I'm sure MC will return it to anyone who has yet to recieve it.
    May 20, 2003, 1:25 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #11

thanks,

I'm not worried - just curious
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    May 20, 2003, 3:28 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #12

MC emailed me and he said he would give me my refund by Thursday
  13. Member Since
    Jul 2002
    May 23, 2003, 2:39 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #13

I know Mark is a stand up guy, try to have patience. I have a set of his 10.5 boots that I'll part with if anyone wants them. I havent actually had any chance to finish my costume. I also have Durasteel Armor in metal. Anyone interested? The boots were worn once to a gig I played with my band and one of the spike tips fell off someplace. I was mad, but I know anyone can have one made fairly easily as a replacement. Heck, you might even be able to make a tip that wont fall off so easily. I love the boots and they are mint, but those tips were already tightened up twice before I lost a part. I dont think the design was that good on them. I do think the boots are WAY comfortable and nice though. Any offers PM me. Thanks.

Josh
  14. CrustyFett
    May 23, 2003, 3:45 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #14

PM sent
    May 23, 2003, 7:52 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #15

Got a email from MC- I'm supposed to have my refund in three weeks. Hope so, I've got an awesome blaster that will be ready almost at the same time!

It's a Fett World we live in...always something Fett to buy!!

16. May 24, 2003, 2:03 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #16

I had also, dealt with MC in the past and am very happy with his product,I thought he was no longer making fett/trooper boots? Im new to the board and was wondering what the problem was with him or his boots? I have finalllllly started to weather mine, so here's a photo of them in the first stage of weathering, I just used basic chalks, rust & flat black spray paint.

May 24, 2003, 2:49 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #17

DreadPirateRoberts wrote:

Im new to the board and was wondering what the problem was with him or his boots?
    oh - no problem at all with the product - in fact I was able to aquire a pair soon after MC mentioned he was unable to produce another run. I'm quite happy with them.

A bit ago there was an attempt to produce another run - even after saying no more would be made... it looks like it was the truth

Your boots are looking good - I'm always happy to see somebody make thier large investment worth more by making it look worth less!
  18. Member Since
    Dec 2002
    May 25, 2003, 10:18 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #18

I just wanted to clarify, I thought I had posted this on the other boot thread, but MC had to pay the factory up front for the boots. He's waiting on a refund from the factory, which apparently can take some time. So he's refunding money as he's able, from his own funds, and at a loss, by my calculation, of at least $10.00 per person. I think his poor business practice lies in his lack of voluntary communication, but in my experience he does respond promptly to any emails he's sent, and has been nothing but apologetic to me. I received my refund some time ago, as I was one of the first to contact him about it. I think it's time to lay off of a guy who TRIED to do a nice thing for everybody, and ended up getting screwed.
    May 25, 2003, 10:42 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #19

I was visiting the RPF (and Ebay as well) earlier tonight, and I noticed and looked at a pic that MC also made boots for Stormtroopers as well, which looks almost with his "signature" (something that makes them look similar, but being two completely different types of boots), and they were great quality as well. I'll try to take that pic to let you see what I'm talking about.

The point is that he did a great job in quality, but somehow his business went down the drain. I hope that he could get back in his feet soon and when he does solve his little setback, to continue with the boot run, but this time with someone that he could really trust.

Robert
  20. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Jun 10, 2003, 5:21 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #20

Got my refund today

-Mikael
  21. boba_fett77
    Jun 22, 2003, 3:58 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #21

Just wondering if anymore people got their refunds yet,because i still haven't gotten mine ?
    Jun 22, 2003, 7:54 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #22

nope...not yet
    Jun 22, 2003, 8:01 PM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #23

If someone had my money more than a couple months i would be sending that person to "THE JOE PESCI BATTING SCHOOL"!!
  24. CrustyFett
    Jun 23, 2003, 3:52 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #24

boba_fett77 wrote:

Just wondering if anymore people got their refunds yet,because i still haven't gotten mine ?
    No still waiting for mine as well - though I haven't chased for a while
  25. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Jun 23, 2003, 3:59 AM - Re: Fett boot refunds? #25

He will contact you guys. One by one