Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Evolution props: the great experiment

Re: Evolution props: the great experiment

Well I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. You've all seen my thread so you know where I stand. Should be fun to watch this experiment. I hope Gabe is watching, because it'll be interesting to see what his best effort produces. The knee armor shown in the pictures looks pretty much the same as the stuff I got. I had to epoxy the joints which broke and re-Ebay.

My salute to the experiment and it's endeavor for objectivity.
    Last edited by Astro Builder; Sep 19, 2010 at 2:33 PM.

He's watching

From
    Texas
    Astro Builder said:
    Well I am thoroughly enjoying this thread. You've all seen my thread so you know where I stand. Should be fun to watch this experiment. I hope Gabe is watching, because it'll be interesting to see what his best effort produces. The knee armor shown in the pictures looks pretty much the same as the stuff I got. I had to epoxy the joints which broke and re-Ebay.

My salute to the experiment.
    Thank you, sir.

Hello Gents,
    I'm new here, so hello everyone, I'm honored to join the forum. And for the start: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for saving my precious money! I was THIS close to order the whole set from evolution (Gabe answered my e-mails and he seemed like a nice guy...). After reading all your posts (+ Astro Builder's thread) I'm not going to risk the "adventure". Sorry Gabe, I can't find a reason to ignore opinion of all these dedicated people here...
    Now, I realize I'm taking another big risk, asking you what I'm going to ask. Do not kill me people. In my defence - I've been there. I've spent months building stormtrooper, I've spent years talking about right distress of the jacket and the shape of Indy's fedora, etc., etc., etc... Now, at this point in my life I just don't have time and conditions to go through this again and build Boba. So I have to ask this blasphemy: is there any vendor here trying to provide ready to wear set (no matter ESB or ROTJ)? Yes I read the threads, read your great Wiki but I'm asking for up-to-date info regarding this.
    If not, the second thing I'd ask: do you have one page or thread with up-to-date, recommended vendors' data?
    Sorry for asking and thank you very much. I respect your work.

From
    Kansas

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RUN LUKE RUN

From
    Texas
    Raider said:
    Hello Gents,
    I'm new here, so hello everyone, I'm honored to join the forum. And for the start: THANK YOU VERY MUCH for saving my precious money! I was THIS close to order the whole set from evolution (Gabe answered my e-mails and he seemed like a nice guy...). After reading all your posts (+ Astro Builder's thread) I'm not going to risk the "adventure". Sorry Gabe, I can't find a reason to ignore opinion of all these dedicated people here...
    Now, I realize I'm taking another big risk, asking you what I'm going to ask. Do not kill me people. In my defence - I've been there. I've spent months building stormtrooper, I've spent years talking about right distress of the jacket and the shape of Indy's fedora, etc., etc., etc... Now, at this point in my life I just don't have time and conditions to go through this again and build Boba. So I have to ask this blasphemy: is there any vendor here trying to provide ready to wear set (no matter ESB or ROTJ)? Yes I read the threads, read your great Wiki but I'm asking for up-to-date info regarding this.
    If not, the second thing I'd ask: do you have one page or thread with up-to-date, recommended vendors' data?
    The soft pieces (jumpsuit, neck seal, flak vest) are worth the price. I know cause I already own them and they're good quality and fit me great. Just needs some weathering out of the box.
    Holding judgement on armor pieces till the knees arrive.

From
    Kansas

I glad you have yours I don't . The only soft parts I have are the cape and the gloves and the gloves and the gloves are ................ok in a way . O and the boots but their was a huge cut in them and HAVE to have inserts .

From
    Texas
    snoopytrooper said:
    I glad you have yours I don't . The only soft parts I have are the cape and the gloves and the gloves and the gloves are ................ok in a way . O and the boots but their was a huge cut in them and HAVE to have inserts .
    I'm sorry to hear that. As much as we've argued on these forums, I really do hope everything gets resolved with your costume.

From
    Enterprise, AL

Raider said: View Post
    Hello Gents,
    Don't want to get off topic, so I took this one to PM.

Peace,
    Scout Trooper

From
    Kansas

thanks my Brother ( scout trooper )

From
    Texas
    Day 3:
    Recap so far- I wanted to this at the end of the week but my wife and I were busy babysitting all weekend so I really didn't get a chance to gather my thoughts, so I'll just do this on Mondays from now on.
    This has brought so many people out of the woodwork, some on the war path, others that were on the fence about buying from Evolution, and without posting screen names a few people I believe are sock-puppet accounts. I had no idea this little experiment would bring so much heat and attention. I've been thinking that maybe this wasn't such a good idea, but I'm going to continue as stopping would look worse on me, and my integrity.
    As for anyone that was ripped off, I sincerely hope everything gets resolved. It's never a good feeling when you loose money, but I don't believe being nasty is the way to pursue what you're looking for, but it's not my place to tell you how to handle your affairs.
    Those are my thoughts on all this madness so far.

As for the experiment itself.
    Emails sent/received is 2/2. Yesterday at some point Gabe had sent a message but I missed it till this morning. I would send another but anything now would be only to see if he would write back, so I'll wait till I have a real question.
    It just so happens that he had the knee armor in stock but I haven't had a shipping notice yet, but in his defense he did tell me that he usually doesn't ship until the end of the week.

From
    Kansas

Kthur , his PP account has been placed on hold until he solves the prob with me . So your money is in his PP account but he cant get it out . Your parts my take a long time . Right now it is under a 180 block and if he does not solve the prob with me after that 180 days it will be another 180 day and so on . I did not tell you to he cant even send you your money back the only think that will happen is that your money would go to me to settle my clam .
    Last edited by snoopytrooper; Sep 20, 2010 at 12:12 PM.

Kurt
    Your order is in progress as i tell you ... don't ear stupid thing ; Raider you get my response in your personal mail ... another member qho want to give me any suggestion write me a PM

From
    Texas
    Day 3 update:
    Just got a message from Gabe letting me know that the knees are ready for shipping tomorrow making the count sent/received 3/3, as I wrote him back thanking him for the information.
    Projected shipped time from order to in the mail-4 days (I'm aware the time was cut down dramatically cause they didn't need to be fabricated).

From
    Kansas

Call PP they will tell you just like the email I got from Gabe it is on hold for 180 day until I receive a full refund then I will send ALL the parts I have back to him @ his cost to . PP told me if anyone has a prob with this seller to report it to then even if it is past the 45 days .

From
    Texas
    Day 4:
    New count is 3/4. Gabe sent a message letting me know he'll have shipping information ready for me later today.

Good grief, this is causing drama. This is really getting crazy.

I am so glad someone posted this. I almost considered shopping from them. Is there a list of reputable dealers for Fett Armour that is 501 approved?

From
    Home Sweet Home, NJ

Not to sound like a pessimist or anything...but

You are posting this "experiment" on a forum that Gabe frequently visits and is made up of his biggest customer base. You don't think that he is taking that into consideration when handling your order? I hardly think that you are going to get the average treatment, especially with all the attention that has been drawn to his store as of late.

From
    Texas
    I understand that this would effect my order, but as some one said earlier in this thread, it will be interesting to see what his best efforts will produce. Plus if I waited I know I would forget to mention something and nothing would be fresh in my mind. Believe me, I thought about it before hand and weighed my opinions.

From
    Home Sweet Home, NJ

Yes, you are going to get his best effort. What about the guy who reads this thread and goes "oh, I guess evolution props is a good place to do business" and spends a thousand bucks or so just to end up S.O.L. like many others?

From
    Texas
    There are plenty of other negative reviews on the forum. Even this one is full of negative ones with pictures. I doubt one thread would pursued anyone one way or the other regardless.

From
    Texas
    Update:
    Shipping notification was sent.

From
    Kansas

If you sent you money to payevolution@gmail.com
    that account is on hold for 180 day so he is just trying to look good on here . its not like your going to get the same service as some of us have had

From
    Texas
    snoopytrooper said:
    If you sent you money to payevolution@gmail.com
    that account is on hold for 180 day so he is just trying to look good on here . its not like your going to get the same service as some of us have had
    I've addressed that issue in previous posts. I'm aware.

From
    Kansas

I just don't want him to come up with some other PP account . That is way im going to check it by doing a fake want to buy with him just to see if it has changed OK bro . But not going all the way with it as in sending him money . I have found out so much info about him in the past few days it not even funny .