Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Subscribe
    Nov 18, 2009, 6:00 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #26

Quote GUINZO1975 said: View Post
    I purchased the stuff from ebay and I knew he was a member here. Since he transaction was on ebay and not on TDH, I kept it quiet. What set me off was when he started peddling his stuff on here. I noticed that other members started sharing their experience with evolutions. I am not the only who got a bad deal. This is not ebay, you can peddle the low quality stuff there. I wish I would've read these reviews before sending evolutions $1000 dollars of my hard earned money. Not only are his parts low quality, but he didn't ship the stuff to me! If Evolutions wants to sell his stuff on TDH, then he should be held to the high standards of this costume community. I love how some members buy into his "nice guy" persona. In a public forum he plays nice, but in private emails he is a totally different person. I think that I have done a great service to TDH by sharing my experience about evolutions. I hope that none of the TDH members get ripped off by him. I will say one thing to be fair, I like his boots and I would recommend them. The boots are the only thing worthwhile and the only reason is because nobody else sells them. I am waiting for jango wes to make the boots again and will buy from him.
    well .. i see one good comment for you ! ... PM sent
    Nov 18, 2009, 6:01 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #27

Quote Astro Builder said: View Post
    Guinzo, "protector of TDH members"..... hey I totally buy into your "keep it on E-Bay, but don't cross the TDH line" philosophy. Where are they serving the Kool-Aid....I'm thirsty. Seriously, thanks for adding to this thread.

Flyboy... problem with the shin tool pockets is exactly like I noted in the first post, Thanks for chiming in.

Sharing experiences allows others to make informed decisions. God bless the internet.
    Good Works ... good review
  3. Member Since
    Jul 2009
    Jan 22, 2010, 7:36 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #28

Gabe, thanks for the shin tools and the visor. I got them on time. The came very well packaged and no damage on any of the stuff. Thanks again.
    Jan 22, 2010, 8:18 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #29

My boots are from Evolution Props, I love them! Great job Gabe!
    Jan 26, 2010, 8:05 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #30

Thank you, Gucabe and Fuser!
    Im glad you guys liked the stuff! Hope to see you around the store again!
    Jan 26, 2010, 5:39 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #31

I just bought some ROTJ Gaunts from Evololution props, and I can't even put the left one on. the left gaunt's too small and the right one's too big! The inside is full of stray fierglass strands that got impedded in my skin when I put them on(heh, probably should have looked inside first.) I'm not saying this is the case for all evolution gauntlets, but this had been my personal experience.
  7. Member Since
    Nov 2009
    Jan 26, 2010, 9:05 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #32

According to Evolution adds on ebay etc his armour, gaunts etc are ABS so I am confused with the fibreglass comment.
    That's just curious too me.
  8. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Jan 26, 2010, 10:37 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #33

hey may reinforce the ABS with fiberglassing on the inside...sturdy them up some...
    Jan 27, 2010, 5:57 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #34

Yeah, I thought it was wierd too. I was expecting ABS. But it looked like they had tried to reinforce if with fiberglass.
    Jan 30, 2010, 11:22 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #35

Hey guys!
    Yes, we have been reinforcing it with fiberglass though we had a couple of not very nice experiences (already shared here) which by now have been correctly addressed with the customers and fellows here. Anyway to prevent any other incident, we decided to deactivate them from our Ebay products until we find a better way to make them stronger.
    Gabe
    Feb 8, 2010, 10:59 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #36

i highly recommend anyone needing boba fett boots and toe spikes at a great price to buy from evolution. his feedback on his boots is excellent. it took 2 weeks from the day of payment to the day i recieved them. the boots you see in his pictures are the same you recieve. i am very happy with them.
    Feb 8, 2010, 11:54 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #37

Yeah, EVO boots look pretty good for their price tag, that's for sure
  13. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Feb 9, 2010, 7:32 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #38

waiting for gave to get back at me as far as soft parts go these are all thats left for me
    Feb 11, 2010, 4:01 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #39

I've bought the boots, which are great for the price. They are comfortable and seem durable enough for trooping.

I also have the shin tool set. They saved me the effort of making them and they are pretty good. Are they exact replicas ? No, but close enough considering that only a portion of them are visible anyway. If you are trooping, they are a good starting point, plus you can modify them if you'd like. If you are making a 100 % accurate Boba, you would probably want to find the original parts. Both items came very quickly, great communication with Gabe too.

I was looking for something in my budget, that would work for trooping occasionally, and could be weathered, modified, etc.

These are a good value for the price paid and they serve my needs.
    Feb 14, 2010, 6:43 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #40

I received my BobaMaker gloves today and decided to revisit my review of the Evo gloves (to make sure I wasn't too hard on Gabe). In re-reading the original review, I was happy to see it was accurate, but decided to post some close-ups of the stitching to illustrate the point. The stitching on the grey material of the Evo gloves is great, but the stitching of the white parts is where the quality falls down. [Also, the Evo gloves are missing the wrist buttons to be movie accurate. See side by side comparison of Evo versus BobaMaker gloves in the thumbnails below (for illustration purposes only). Please note that I weathered both gloves, but overly weathered the Evo gloves for the "dirty" Fett version. When the Evo gloves arrive, they will be bright and clean.

For attached thumbnails, Evo gloves are on top and BM gloves are on bottom.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1261.JPG 
Views:	372 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	41264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1263.JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	41265  
    Last edited by Astro Builder; Feb 14, 2010 at 8:29 AM.
  16. Member Since
    Dec 2009
    Feb 19, 2010, 11:48 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #41

We are gluttons for punishment, aren't we? I just got done engineering my prototype harness out of what I thought would be the right tools for the job...
    The creative process and/or exploration is exhausting!
    Aug 4, 2010, 1:50 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #42

hmmm was thinking of replacing some of my SFP with this guy, but it looks like it'll be just switching one substandard product with another. And I love how he keeps saying "we've fixed the problem, we've fixed the problem" yet more and more come with more complaints which he follows with "oh we've just figured that out and fixed it" It seems to be a lot of say what they want to hear and do nothing. Being a member on here means you already have TONS of walkthroughs on how to do it right with just about every material from garbage cans to fiberglass, I'd really expect to see less "oh we didn't know that fiberglass needs to be trimmed so shreds don't get in our customers skin, but now we do" excuses. I've delt with Bobamaker frequently, bought my helmet, flak jacket, toe spikes, jetpack and my new collar from him, only problem I have EVER had with him was the bolts on my helmet didn't quite hold, which he gave me a deal on my collar studs I got from him just to make it right. I'm not trying to be mean, it'd be one thing if he was a seller outside of TDH, but being a member here his product needs to be better and there needs to be less "we didn't know" excuses.
  18. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 4, 2010, 7:21 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #43

Evos parts are good starter stuff for people who are on a low budget
    Aug 4, 2010, 1:09 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #44

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Evos parts are good starter stuff for people who are on a low budget
    What parts?
  20. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Aug 4, 2010, 1:20 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #45

The metal parts mostly...but used evo parts are cheap and decent your sure to find used evo boots around I wouldnt use evo armor pieces though even for my wife
  21. Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Aug 18, 2010, 1:32 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #46

Right after I ordered my Evolution Props soft parts (neck seal, flack vest, flight suit) I found this thread and it made me really concerned, but they just came in today and I couldn't be happier. The flight suit fits perfect, and is good quality. The flack vest and neck seal are a bit bright but with some weathering they will be perfect. It seems the problems people were having with the soft parts have been cleared up, or I just got really lucky.
    I also got the boots and they are great too.
    Thought I'd throw in my experience.
    Aug 20, 2010, 11:52 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #47

I had considered the full costume from Evolution Props, but after seeing this thread I am leery to say the least. But there does seem to be a 6 month+ gap from the negative reviews to more positive reviews. Anything new to report from people?
    Aug 20, 2010, 4:49 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #48

I have the boots, have worn them through several troops, a parade, and 12 hours of CV, they're holding up. All I did was add an arch support thing and some gellin' pads to make me a bit taller and for comfort. There are other boots available, these fit into my budget at the time.
  24. Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Sep 15, 2010, 3:20 AM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #49

Yea I had a very bad experience w/ Evolution on ebay. Over a year ago I ordered a Vader electronic chestbox and a saber hook for my belt. Well of course the items took like triple the time they were supposed to just to ship, and they only shipped after repeatedly emailing the seller about the issue. The box gets here and this is what I find after months of waiting: 1) the chest box is literally a different one than the one he pictured. I found the pictures he had used on some prop forum at the time posted by a member there. So we already have fraud. The box he sent me looked nothing like the one pictured at all. 2) all of the greebles were broken off of the box, pieces everywhere when I opened it up. 3) the lights installed for the red and blue squares were both green and the circuit could barely work. 4) He didn't even include the belt hook!!
    I contacted Paypal, and even though it had been a long time, they decided to process my claim. After months of waiting for the big "decision" Paypal emailed me saying I could mail the package back to our buddy Gabe. Paypal gives me the address etc, I mail it, weeks go by and nothing. Finally paypal says since they haven't heard fromt he seller that my clain is terminated and i am basically screwed.
    A few more month go by and the package is back at my door. The address Paypal gave me was incorrect according to Gabe whom I checked with. Paypal tells me they don't care basically and I am out the $125 plus the shipping I just paid to no one.
    I contact Gabe and ask him if he can do anything for me, even give me a store credit, or a refund, SOMETHING, but nothing from back from him.
    I guess out of all of it Paypal gave him the interrogation treatment about the fraudulent images he had on his listings so since then he has had to show what he is actually selling. I imagine that didn't really help his sales too much.

If you ask me, while some of Evolution's parts may be worth buying, and waiting for, it is a huge huge risk. From my experience, and apparently its about 50/50 with people on most boards, Gabe isn't a very honest or trustworthy person. I would discourage anyone from buying from him because chances are you are going to get screwed out of your money or get an item that isn't what it was said to be.
    Sep 16, 2010, 9:07 PM - Re: Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly #50

DON'T GET ANYTHING FROM him . I made the mistake of sending him money and got nothing but **** . He played with me until the 45 day refund with PP then NOTHING from him . He sent me 3 fake tracking #'s then when I did get my stuff 1/2 of it was smashed up He want me to ship the parts back to him @ my cost . NO WAY . The rocket on the jet pack was PINK . The bucket was in 3 parts and scotch tape was all over it and thats is no joke . None of it looks like the picks . Gabe is a thief as I see , he took my money and sent me **** . RUN RUN RUN FAR WAY FROM HIM . He played with me for 72 days . Im done befor I get to upset about this SOB.