Subscribe
  1. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    112
    May 5, 2015, 1:25 PM - evolution props good or bad ? #1

    http://www.evolutiontoys.com.ar/index.php?id=cat&item=1

    normally i stay well clear of ebay

    i am interested in these guys for the flight suit, neck seal and boots with spikes

    why because everyone has a wait time these guys promise they have items in stock and can post in the time frame i need

    as everyone else has a minimum 4 week wait

    cheers
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. intwenothor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    842
    May 5, 2015, 1:56 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #2

    I wouldn't. I'd wait for something from the boards.
  4. DeathProof's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,154
    May 5, 2015, 2:06 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #3

    You may wait with vendors on the board, but you wait for quality. For the flightsuit and neck seal particularly you are going to want to have it fitted to your body type....that takes time and can't be just bought off the shelf.
  5. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    400
    May 5, 2015, 2:12 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #4

    Quote crimson said: View Post
    Evolution Props

    normally i stay well clear of ebay

    i am interested in these guys for the flight suit, neck seal and boots with spikes

    why because everyone has a wait time these guys promise they have items in stock and can post in the time frame i need

    as everyone else has a minimum 4 week wait

    cheers
    These are the tools that rip people off from Argentina on ebay. Many have ordered from them only to not have items delivered or have the wrong items delivered. Buyer Beware.

    That being said reach out to Chris from Man of War Studios (Manofwarstudios@verizon.net) for your boots, flight suit, neck seal, and vest. I have his items which are displayed on my build page here. He ships super vast and is a straight shooter. The vest and flight suit are not completely accurate, but the differences can't be seen by most observers. The vest will require some altering to make work with your armor and jetpack harness.
    Otherwise contact Arklady (her thread is here) for the more screen accurate versions...but they cost a little more, have their own issues (try going to the bathroom with your gear on...hint long front zipper), and may take more time...but that's your call.
    An alternative is you can troll the cargo hold here and snatch up stuff as it becomes available like I did for some items.
  6. NemesisCustoms's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    106
    May 5, 2015, 2:12 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #5

    They have a few aluminum parts that are not bad, but as DeathProof said, i would stay away from their softparts and take the high quality route
  7. starchild99's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    180
    May 5, 2015, 2:27 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #6

    Waiting for the top vendors is well worth it save yourself the stress and the headache.
  8. Darth Voorhees's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,583
    May 5, 2015, 3:06 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #7

    I agree. Evolution's metal stuff is ok..not the best but passable. the soft parts are not really accurate and like was said, getting a suit custom tailored to you is really the best way to go. You cant rush quality. Get in touch with Arkady here, great pricing and super quality gear.
  9. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    112
    May 5, 2015, 5:56 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #8

    Quote intwenothor said: View Post
    I wouldn't. I'd wait for something from the boards.
    Ok cool

    Quote DeathProof said: View Post
    You may wait with vendors on the board, but you wait for quality. For the flightsuit and neck seal particularly you are going to want to have it fitted to your body type....that takes time and can't be just bought off the shelf.
    I thought they were standard like t shirts

    Quote crumdum said: View Post
    These are the tools that rip people off from Argentina on ebay. Many have ordered from them only to not have items delivered or have the wrong items delivered. Buyer Beware.

    That being said reach out to Chris from Man of War Studios (Manofwarstudios@verizon.net) for your boots, flight suit, neck seal, and vest. I have his items which are displayed on my build page here. He ships super vast and is a straight shooter. The vest and flight suit are not completely accurate, but the differences can't be seen by most observers. The vest will require some altering to make work with your armor and jetpack harness.
    Otherwise contact Arklady (her thread is here) for the more screen accurate versions...but they cost a little more, have their own issues (try going to the bathroom with your gear on...hint long front zipper), and may take more time...but that's your call.
    An alternative is you can troll the cargo hold here and snatch up stuff as it becomes available like I did for some items.
    Man of war is quoting a long time

    Arklady has made my vest and i now my neck seal but theres a 4 week wait on the flight suit


    Quote NemesisCustoms said: View Post
    They have a few aluminum parts that are not bad, but as DeathProof said, i would stay away from their softparts and take the high quality route
    looks like from the advice i will avoid them like the plague

    Quote starchild99 said: View Post
    Waiting for the top vendors is well worth it save yourself the stress and the headache.
    Great thanks will take that advice

    Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    I agree. Evolution's metal stuff is ok..not the best but passable. the soft parts are not really accurate and like was said, getting a suit custom tailored to you is really the best way to go. You cant rush quality. Get in touch with Arkady here, great pricing and super quality gear.
    Arklady or man or war studios ?
  10. Darth Voorhees's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,583
    May 5, 2015, 6:20 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #9

    Man of war stuff is good, but his jumpsuits need to be dyed and are also generic sizing. Arkady makes to your measurements for only a few bucks more and they are the proper color and very accurate. I have an Arkady suit myself going on 6+yrs and its fantastic
  11. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,286
    May 5, 2015, 6:24 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #10

    In this hobby, 4 weeks is nothing man.
  12. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    112
    May 5, 2015, 6:31 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #11

    haha true boba maker quoted me a year for his helmet !
  13. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,286
    May 5, 2015, 7:49 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #12

    Arkady for the win. Great gear, good prices. If you're not satisfied with the fit she stands behind her work. I have an ESB and ROTJ FS from her. World class seller...
    Last edited by syllander; May 5, 2015 at 8:59 PM.
  14. Mullreel's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,266
    May 5, 2015, 8:56 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #13

  15. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    112
    May 6, 2015, 7:57 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #14

    Quote syllander said: View Post
    Arkady for the win. Great gear, good prices. If you're not satisfied with the fit she stands behind her work. I have an ESB and ROTJ FS from her. World class seller...
    Hoping to get my neckseal from her soon then, when i get more money i can order the flight suit

    Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    awesome thanks
  16. apete30's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    54
    May 7, 2015, 6:46 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #15

    I ended up buying evo's boots and they fit very well. Just threw in some inserts and weathered them. They aren't 100% accurate but they still look great
  17. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    112
    May 7, 2015, 8:30 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #16

    Quote apete30 said: View Post
    I ended up buying evo's boots and they fit very well. Just threw in some inserts and weathered them. They aren't 100% accurate but they still look great

    Do they last ? whats the quality like ? can you post some pictures please ?
  18. apete30's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    54
    May 7, 2015, 9:05 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #17

    They are comfortable. But like I said, I went out and picked up a pair of inserts. Very light weight and are built well. By no means though are they going to compete with MOW's.
    20150507_085205-jpg20150507_085148-jpg20150507_085116-jpg20150507_085037-jpg
  19. Arkady's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    229
    May 7, 2015, 9:15 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #18

    Otherwise contact Arklady (her thread is here) for the more screen accurate versions...but they cost a little more, have their own issues (try going to the bathroom with your gear on...hint long front zipper), and may take more time...but that's your call.

    Actually I use a double ended zipper for just that reason.
  20. crumdum's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    400
    May 7, 2015, 11:50 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #19

    Quote apete30 said: View Post
    They are comfortable. But like I said, I went out and picked up a pair of inserts. Very light weight and are built well. By no means though are they going to compete with MOW's.
    20150507_085205-jpg20150507_085148-jpg20150507_085116-jpg20150507_085037-jpg
    I am attaching my MOW boots for frame of reference purposes.

    20150321_182959-jpg20150321_183015-jpg

    Screen reference photo found here (for larger size)

    boba-fett-costume-empire-strikes-back-01a-png

    Some differences which make the MOW boots far more accurate.

    1) The fabric of the boots is not pitted like the Evo boots. The evo builts are built not to be a boot but a glorified sneaker.
    2) The side stripe does not come down far enough on the side
    3) The evo "stripes" on either side of the boots center black line running from toe to just above the ankle is too narrow.
    4) The boot's sole is supposed to be flat not curved like the evo boot. Again this is a boot and not a sneaker.

    Other tidbits...
    Since the MOW boot is the most accurate everyone makes their toe spikes for that version versus whatever was used by this poster.

    I am sure there are many other differences that more experienced guys here can point out.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Arkady said: View Post
    Otherwise contact Arklady (her thread is here) for the more screen accurate versions...but they cost a little more, have their own issues (try going to the bathroom with your gear on...hint long front zipper), and may take more time...but that's your call.

    Actually I use a double ended zipper for just that reason.
    /bows before a goddess
  21. apete30's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    54
    May 7, 2015, 11:58 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #20

    Like I said before...they can't compete with MOW's. Thanks for the reference pics Crum.
    The evo boots are a little tough to weather due to the pitted fabric...but it can be done.
  22. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    112
    May 7, 2015, 11:34 PM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #21

    Quote apete30 said: View Post
    They are comfortable. But like I said, I went out and picked up a pair of inserts. Very light weight and are built well. By no means though are they going to compete with MOW's.
    20150507_085205-jpg20150507_085148-jpg20150507_085116-jpg20150507_085037-jpg
    Thanks for that they look good, but for the price it takes to ship to the uk its better to have the MOW boots

    Quote crumdum said: View Post
    I am attaching my MOW boots for frame of reference purposes.

    20150321_182959-jpg20150321_183015-jpg

    Screen reference photo found here (for larger size)

    boba-fett-costume-empire-strikes-back-01a-png

    Some differences which make the MOW boots far more accurate.

    1) The fabric of the boots is not pitted like the Evo boots. The evo builts are built not to be a boot but a glorified sneaker.
    2) The side stripe does not come down far enough on the side
    3) The evo "stripes" on either side of the boots center black line running from toe to just above the ankle is too narrow.
    4) The boot's sole is supposed to be flat not curved like the evo boot. Again this is a boot and not a sneaker.

    Other tidbits...
    Since the MOW boot is the most accurate everyone makes their toe spikes for that version versus whatever was used by this poster.

    I am sure there are many other differences that more experienced guys here can point out.

    - - - Updated - - -



    /bows before a goddess
    Thanks for that i wanted the lines to be rubber, so i will go with MOW
  23. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    16
    May 10, 2015, 2:55 AM - Re: evolution props good or bad ? #22

    i got the evaluations soft parts kit years ago. it was my starting point. it was fast and looked good. now that i have had some time and experience (been working on my fett for almost 6 years now...) i have slowly started to faze it out. the coveralls are either to big or to small, and nothing is movie quality. most of it works "for now", but you'll want better. take your time on this, fett is worth it!!

Similar Threads

  1. Evolution Props: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly
    By Astro Builder in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: Dec 4, 2014, 4:06 PM
  2. Evolution props? Any good?
    By Mjolner in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Aug 13, 2013, 1:10 PM
  3. Evolution Props: Anyone have any dealings?
    By Sean Hebein in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Feb 6, 2012, 3:39 PM
  4. Evolution Props Armor
    By Tro73 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb 3, 2011, 10:05 AM
  5. Evolution props
    By Dark Jedi in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2009, 6:03 AM