Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Mar 16, 2013, 11:33 PM - Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #1

    I FINALLY was able to snag one of these off of evilbay! Should be here in the next couple of weeks. I am going to make every effort to actually mount the entire thing into my new FP gauntlets which should also be here soon!
  2. Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,850
    Mar 16, 2013, 11:45 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #2

    It is amazing the amount of weird and obscure stuff one can find on ebay. Nice pick up Lou, look forward to seeing it in the new guants.
  3. Mar 16, 2013, 11:52 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #3

    haha yea ive been lookin for one since it was discovered. I lost a couple of auctions but finaly managed to win one. This one has some extra writing on it but eh, hopefully its only on the one side. Im really hoping the gauntlet can be altered enough on the inside to fit it without ruining the gauntlet or the minilight.
  4. Jc27's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,850
    Mar 17, 2013, 12:21 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #4

    Well you used to have molding stuff remember lol
  5. Member Since
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    685
    Mar 17, 2013, 10:44 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #5

    congrats, Lou!
  6. Mar 17, 2013, 1:37 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #6

    Quote Jc27 said: View Post
    Well you used to have molding stuff remember lol
    lol i do vaugely remember.....lol

    Thanks Necronaut!
  7. Keegan's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    548
    Mar 17, 2013, 2:33 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #7

    That Handylight is a bit bigger than the Minilight. It should still fit into the gauntlet but keep us updated. If you need to modify the light I have one and have some ideas about how to get it to fit.
    The switch is the same size as the minilight though. The only difference is the text "EVER READY" on the minilight switch.
  8. Mar 17, 2013, 4:23 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #8

    Son-of-a...your right. I should have got the 6051, not the 6050 I didnt realize there was one that was in between the larger sqaure one and the minilight. I thought they just changed the name from handylight to mini light during the years....well, i may just dismantle it and put the parts into the gauntlet. If i can get that to work, im happy.
  9. mekroid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    81
    Mar 17, 2013, 5:59 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #9

    Just had a good gawp at the pic above and it DOES look to be fatter proportions than the mini light ...BOAC is old airline livery ...it may have been handed to first class passengers or something like that ...
    If you want my take on things you have two ways to proceed here ... 1st ... it may actually be worth a few bucks to AIRLINE collectors so you may want to bear that in mind before doing something irrecoverable ...2nd ... if it is the same kind of construction as the mini light then the front white cowl will pull off separately to give access to the bulb ...this will reduce the width be quite a few MM so it still may fit .
    Good luck with whatever you decide anyhow

    I should have got hold of a fresh one before I made the find public really then I could have made sure all the main armourers had a cast of the switch but I was convinced I had easy access to my two original ones in my parts boxes ...finding those is still ongoing !
    Ah well
  10. Mar 17, 2013, 8:12 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #10

    No worries man, i personally wouldnt want a cast anyway, i wanted the found part to put into the gauntlet as we believe they did in the film. Im sure even if the entire thing couldnt fit, the guts would and if that switch will turn on the light, im happy. i want to use my pushbutton switches to make my rangefinder go up and down, so thats why i wanted to have that lil button actually control the light. I just figured it would be cool to have the found part in there. it may be a lil off, but still kinda cool anyways.

    Ah thats what BOAC is! lol
  11. Apr 19, 2013, 7:40 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #11

    Ok so as i understand it, the 6051 is the correct everyready light. it is the "minilight". What i have is the 6050 handy light, which is a tad bit larger. However, i got my FP gauntlet kit in, and this light fits perfect in it. The only reason i cant set it completely in the gauntlet is the switch. which i would remove, mount the handylight and then put the switch back on from the outside of the gauntlet.

    I tried to take pics to show how it fits but it was a little difficult. Hopefully you can see what i mean in the pics.

    In this pic, the part of the gaunt you see protruding out right up against the front of the handylight button, is what would be cut out for the button hole. If the button itself was removed, the light would fit just about near perfect into this space.


    Here you can see the width of the section the light fits in. Again if the button was removed, it would be able to sit into the space there. The button would be reattached from the outside of the gauntlet.


    Its hard to see here as im holding the light above where it would fit into...but it really looks to be an almost perfect fit to me.



    Now of course i need to actually give it a shot to see how well it can set into the gauntlet. I will likely need to sharpen up the corners in the gauntlet to get it to fit. But i think this one will be able to work, even if it isnt the correct version. However i am still going to try and get the 6051!
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Apr 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM.
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,670
    Apr 19, 2013, 11:09 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #12

    I want more pics of the guants! Cant wait to get mine

    - - - Updated - - -

    And you know I think theres one of these lights (the correct ones) at my grandparents in the basement...
  13. Apr 19, 2013, 11:15 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #13

    hehe.. i actually dont have the whipcord housing yet..he's sending that with the Jetpack soon. I will post a thread when i get back from vaction of a WIP of assembling and painting the new FP ESB gauntlets....i will say this though.....they are beyond a shadow of a doubt, the most accurate representation of these gauntlets i have ever seen. Absolutely awesome.
  14. RafalFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,697
    Apr 19, 2013, 11:52 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #14

    It looks good inside the gauntlet!

    Here are my thoughts on the Ever Ready Minilight mount inside the right gauntlet: the original gauntlets shows that the light bulb and the button area were cut out.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 Right Gauntlet.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	68287 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP2 Right Gauntlet.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	68288 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Right Gauntlet 01.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	68289 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Right Gauntlet 02.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	68290

    And here is an image that shows the difference between a 'clean' and a cut out right gauntlet:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ER Minilight Gauntlet Position.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	484.9 KB 
ID:	68291 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gauntlet Cut Out For ER Minilight.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	258.2 KB 
ID:	68292

    And last but not least, an image that shows the approximated fit of the Ever Ready Minilight inside the right gauntlet:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Gauntlet Minilight Assembly.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	68293

    While the whole body seems to fit well inside the gauntlet, the front part with the light bulb looks like it was cut out and positioned inverted inside the gauntlet (they possibly used other material and not the cut out part), this way the light bulb sit inside the cut out area.
  15. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,670
    Apr 19, 2013, 12:00 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #15

    VACATION?!?!?! Heck yeh! Have fun, Im going to be working my butt off soon between commissions and getting the Mythos done for DC
  16. Apr 19, 2013, 1:13 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #16

    Quote RafalFett said: View Post
    It looks good inside the gauntlet!

    Here are my thoughts on the Ever Ready Minilight mount inside the right gauntlet: the original gauntlets shows that the light bulb and the button area were cut out.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP1 Right Gauntlet.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	68287 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PP2 Right Gauntlet.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	68288 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Right Gauntlet 01.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	249.1 KB 
ID:	68289 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Right Gauntlet 02.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	252.6 KB 
ID:	68290

    And here is an image that shows the difference between a 'clean' and a cut out right gauntlet:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ER Minilight Gauntlet Position.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	484.9 KB 
ID:	68291 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gauntlet Cut Out For ER Minilight.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	258.2 KB 
ID:	68292

    And last but not least, an image that shows the approximated fit of the Ever Ready Minilight inside the right gauntlet:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Right Gauntlet Minilight Assembly.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	268.5 KB 
ID:	68293

    While the whole body seems to fit well inside the gauntlet, the front part with the light bulb looks like it was cut out and positioned inverted inside the gauntlet (they possibly used other material and not the cut out part), this way the light bulb sit inside the cut out area.
    Thanks Raf! Yea the new FP gaunts appear to havew the look like the switch area and the light area is supposed to be cut out. These really are amazing gaunts!
    I THINK if the light was set slightly back it would have that look. it does look like the rectangle was cut out and something with the small bulb hole drilled through glued into that space on the originals you pictured there.

    If i wasnt going on vacation id be starting the build! But i dont want to start and then have to be away from it for a week lol.

    When i get back im going to start on the gaunts as soon as possible, and getting the light to fit. I think it will fit.



    Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    VACATION?!?!?! Heck yeh! Have fun, Im going to be working my butt off soon between commissions and getting the Mythos done for DC

    haha yea Caribbean cruise...i'll be back the 29th. Im leaving tomorrow
  17. Matty Matt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    434
    Apr 19, 2013, 1:44 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #17

    This is awesome Lou. I'm interested to see how it all looks installed with the button area cut out. And have a nice vacation.
  18. mekroid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    81
    May 27, 2013, 10:13 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #18

    Just checked back to this thread ... seems like everyones covered all I was going to say ! :P.....In my often dodgy opinion the original gauntlets were vac and propies do things as fast as possible and usually the east way due to time so I would expect that for ESB the vac gauntlet was possibly sized for the light which was already sourced and then had the front trimmed out where the light shines out of but ALSO the section where the switch protrudes allowing enough room to operate it ...bit of velcro on the torch and job done !


    BTW .. after seeing the BOAC handy light in your hand Im convinced it is identical in every way but name too the minilight size and everything

    (see if it makes a good pretend phaser when no-ones looking and that'll clinch it ! :P )
    Last edited by mekroid; May 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM.
  19. Jun 19, 2013, 4:06 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #19

    it surely is VERY close in size. I'm gonna try and start working on the right gaunt this weekend..we'll see hoe this fits.

    I do agree if these gaunts were vac'ed that this light would fit perfect!
  20. Syper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    901
    Jun 19, 2013, 5:28 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #20

    I did a fair amount of grinding with a dremel to make room for my mini-light. I even had to run the mini-light on a belt sander to thin it out even more.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3030.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	69498Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3031.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	69499

    Once I had a good fitting, I super glued the white part / front end to the gauntlet. Now the red / back end slips on and off to replace the batteries. I did add two very small screws with pre-drilled holes through the red end into the white front part. The added screws holds everything together and tight.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2978.JPG 
Views:	243 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	69500Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3263.JPG 
Views:	210 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	69501
  21. SPY007's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    297
    Jun 19, 2013, 9:22 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #21

    Very cool. Nice work. What did the lite run you? Anybody know is any one is casting the button?
  22. Syper's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    901
    Jun 20, 2013, 1:35 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #22

    Quote SPY007 said: View Post
    Very cool. Nice work. What did the lite run you? Anybody know is any one is casting the button?
    I think I paid around $40 bucks total for two from British evilbay right around the time they became found parts.
  23. RafalFett's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,697
    Jun 20, 2013, 1:43 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #23

    Quote SPY007 said: View Post
    Anybody know is any one is casting the button?
    Asok was talking about the possibility to cast only the buttons. You might PM him...
  24. SPY007's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2006
    Posts
    297
    Jun 20, 2013, 11:54 PM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #24

    Thanks Rafal Fett
  25. Jun 24, 2013, 9:58 AM - Re: Everready minilight!(gauntlet found part) #25

    Quote mekroid said: View Post
    Just checked back to this thread ... seems like everyones covered all I was going to say ! :P.....In my often dodgy opinion the original gauntlets were vac and propies do things as fast as possible and usually the east way due to time so I would expect that for ESB the vac gauntlet was possibly sized for the light which was already sourced and then had the front trimmed out where the light shines out of but ALSO the section where the switch protrudes allowing enough room to operate it ...bit of velcro on the torch and job done !


    BTW .. after seeing the BOAC handy light in your hand Im convinced it is identical in every way but name too the minilight size and everything

    (see if it makes a good pretend phaser when no-ones looking and that'll clinch it ! :P )

    heh yea..it does make a good phaser! :P

    Yea i agree...but i wasnt 100% sure... and just saw this post right after i finally nabbed a 6051.

    So....i now have the Ever ready/BOAC one on e-bay. Here is my sale thread here if anyone wants it. For any TDH members, i will end the auction.
    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f31/e...ht-sale-47842/


    Spy 007..they now go for between $50-$70 bucks on e-bay...probably because now all the Fettheads want them lol

Similar Threads

  1. Ever Ready Minilight and Battery Templates
    By RafalFett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Aug 2, 2013, 2:46 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2013, 10:02 PM