Subscribe
    Nov 23, 2013, 5:31 PM - ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #1

Working on an ESB blaster build. Can any on tell me how long the barrel of the Webley. Is 7.5 correct?

And the flash tube is 4.75 inches?

Thanks
    Nov 23, 2013, 11:26 PM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #2

Check out my Webley Drawings, the grid is 1".

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/u...drawings-6384/

Also attached is a pic with those dims.

Hopefully this will help.

Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ESB Barrel Model.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	429.8 KB 
ID:	73055  
    Nov 24, 2013, 12:35 AM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #3

Thanks WOF. I searched every variation of this info.
    Nov 24, 2013, 3:56 AM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #4

Alan, I don't agree. I looked at this in some detail a while back as part of the barrel mount found part discussion and I made it that the MPP tube should extend about 120 mm from the end of the Webley barrel (which is about 4 3/4"). That 120 mm includes the section which is hidden (or obscured) by the front barrel mount. Unfortunately I'm not capable of your standard of excellent drawing but I did have access to the gallery and my own real found parts (Webley/MPP etc) to come to this conclusion.

When I saw this thread I thought of something I'd seen before. Low and behold:

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/u...84/#post146741

Awesome!

Live dream

andy
    Nov 24, 2013, 12:36 PM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #5

Well, there has been some disagreement on this issue in the past, but I can only go on what I have learned from the reference pics.

Attached is a comparison shot I did of my drawing and this classic picture. So I feel pretty good about these dimensions, but I am always looking for new info and fresh ideas.

The dimension you referenced is what I believe was used for the original Hyperfrim ESB Webley build.

Back in 2006 I was still deep in research mode on the Webley and it wasn't until I received Sidewinder's first Webley kit was I able to lock down the details for the Webley drawings.

Always looking for feedback to keep me honest.

Alan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Webley3DComp.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	73077  
    Nov 24, 2013, 1:35 PM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #6

Using 3 images from the ESB stills I got a pretty good comparison between different takes, and it seems that all the major parts are/were in the same place, more exactly there were no major changes in position or order:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EE-3 Blaster Comparison.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	73088

And here is a quick comparison of Alan's drawing with one of the images:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WOF EE-3 Blaster Comparison.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	528.6 KB 
ID:	73089

I agree with intwenothor that the MPP tube has 120mm sticking out from the Webleys' barrel.
    Nov 24, 2013, 2:49 PM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #7

RafalFett

That is FANTASTIC work thank you! Your photo shopping skills are nothing but amazing.

Now I have to wonder what was going on with the pic I used. The parallax distortion must be incredible or it was a preproduction shot and they changed it later.

Looks like I have some work to do.

Keep up the great work.

Alan
    Nov 24, 2013, 3:34 PM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #8

If only I knew how to use a computer!

I'm a pencil and rule kind of guy.

Nice work Alan and Raf. Awesome composite work.

God I want a decent shot of that breach greeblie and barrel mounts.
    Nov 24, 2013, 9:23 PM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #9

Thanks everyone, for your input.
    Nov 25, 2013, 1:32 AM - Re: ESB Webly Blaster questions - need a couple dimensions #10

Quote wizardofflight said: View Post
    RafalFett

That is FANTASTIC work thank you! Your photo shopping skills are nothing but amazing.

Now I have to wonder what was going on with the pic I used. The parallax distortion must be incredible or it was a preproduction shot and they changed it later.

Looks like I have some work to do.

Keep up the great work.

Alan
    Thanks, Alan! I would love to have your technical drawing skills, because your drawings looks always amazing!

Whenever is possible, I try to use lots of images to confront my templates/stencils to achieve the best results. But sometimes, in lack of good reference material, you have to rely on your intuition... and hope to get it right.