ESB Spray Paint color

ESB Spray Paint color

I did some searching, but couldn't find what I was searching for. If I were painting an ESB fett with spray cans, I know that the helmet/gaunts/jetpack were using the spruce green, but what about the body armor and shoulders? Is the hunt club green acceptable or is it too dark? I also know that the chest diamond is a slightly darker color. I am always open to suggestions and if this has already been discussed and I missed it I would appreciate a link to that thread.

-Matt

From
    Hamilton, ON, Canada

Re: ESB Spray Paint color

For mine, I used Italian Olive as the base and misted with Hunt Club green. I then did some drybrushing of dark brown and black over top in some areas.

i used rustoleum satin spruce green for the gaunts, jetpack and all the armor, I misted very little rustoleum satin hunt club green over some of it along with a dusting of flat black. The shoulders are Krylon Signal yellow, with a flat black dusting, and the darker one is the same yellow but with a misting of testors go mango orange. i think i had misted the yellow and black again over the orange, i forget, but it was definitely a combo of those 2 colors. Same for the Knees.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

I also used Krylon Italian Olive Green...misted/ highlited with the Rustoleum Hunt Club and flat black.

Oh yea a d i did the center diamond with just the hunt club green. Also i didnt use the hunt club green misting on the JP or gaunts. Just the chest/ab armor.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anybody have any spray can suggestions for the yellow color on the ESB jet pack?

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Same as the shoulder yellow.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Bauhaus gold from krylon is great for the yellow on the suit as well...

From
    Douglasville, Ga.

Did yall use the liquid masking agent after the silver? Do you keep the paint on the silver damage areas until everything has been painted and "dusted" with last colors, abd then peel off the area?

From
    Hawaii

Yo Darth, are you sanding then coatiing each layer when using rustoleum spray paints?

From
    Las Vegas

A great reference to paint colors:

http://bobafettcostuming.wikispaces....RIAL+ESB+paint

From
    Vancouver, BC, Canada

Quick question. Does it make a difference if the paint you are misting over is dry or still wet when you do the misting? For example, does it turn out different or better if the spruce green is fully dry when you mist it with the hunt club green?

From
    Omaha, NE

Old post but great information.. thanks for posting it guys. I need to replace my gaunts so at least I have a place to start with paint now. whew.. now if i could just figure out how to hinge the gaunts.. (I'm not gonna hijack the thread, so if anyone has suggestions on the type of glue or method to attach piano hinges to the plastic gaunts, please shoot me a PM.. gluing metal to plastic has me worried, and i've previously had warping issues with the plastic and e6000 so I'm very hesitant to use it again)