**UPDATE July 6 - picked up and installed the Aluminum barrel. NEW Pics added**
**I have spare Aluminum barrels available for $75 plus shipping. See the following thread in the cargo hold: http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...6#post350766**
Here are some pictures of a project I've been working on for awhile. It is based off of the MLC sidearm that has been around for a couple of years. First off, let me say the MLC has definately filled the void for the ESB sidearm and is a great piece unto it's own. However, there were some things I was looking to improve upon.
The biggest changes from the MLC are:
1. Solid 2 pc vac cast in brown resin upper and lower assembly
2. Spring loaded trigger assembly - trigger to be cold cast in aluminum, currently mine is cast in white, but I'll change it later on.
3. Bolt together assembly of upper and lower halves with cast in nuts. The screw are recessed into the barrel slot and are covered when the barrel is in place. So no hardware is showing when assembled. Glue would not be required. Additionally the two halves key into place.
4. Reworked some of the symmetry and "crisped up" / "squared up" some details
5. CNC'd aluminum barrel assembly (muzzle, barrel and back knob) that slides into the pocket and is captured/retained by threading into the back knob. This also can allow for me to vary the barrel length if needed.
What's left to do:
Cold cast another trigger in aluminum
Finish sanding and paint in an accurate carmel brown
Post some pics of completed unit.
The pics so far:
NEW pic - with barrel installed - (The holster is in process of being wet-sanded/polished)
Assembled and with spare barrel
Some pics of the Barrel
In the holster - (Holster is in process of being wet-sanded polished)
Top view disassembled into the main components
With trigger installed
Recessed screws in the barrel slot
-Thanks for looking