Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ESB Shoulder Studs/ White? or Silver?

From
    Cincinnati, OH

Re: ESB Shoulder Studs/ White? or Silver?

I'm sure that's just as frustrating for you as it is for us. What's holding LFL from giving the OK to release them, or is it even LFL? How many pictures or other resourses are out there that are known about that are blocked from public release for one reason or another?

Anyways, back on topic. The little bit of the pic you posted, do you think that is a different suppertrooper than the rest? Where was it taken, can you tell from the background, it looks like a workshop or something maybe still in London.

What you say makes sense for sure, I would not expect them to take photos of each and every stormtrooper and since the supertrooper was essentially the same thing to start off with, why photograph each one...

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I believe this to be the same trooper in the other pictures posted. I believe it to be the first supertrooper suit after it was completed. It was apparently taken in the UK by the team that built it. This appear to be continuity shots or perhaps just shots to send over to the US for OK. There are only three shots, front, back, right side.

Nice shot Art...

and I would agree, the studs on the supertrooper are def white.

most, if not all of the armor and helmet on the supertrooper has a gloss finish, and the studs don't...so those pics should take into account for the finish aswell.

The supertrooper is really the only reason I started this thread, cause the studs started out white to begin with....which is why I still feel the ESB Studs weren't painted silver during that time and are white as well....
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Oct 2, 2008 at 3:36 PM.

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

Spideyfett said: View Post
    The supertrooper is really the only reason I started this thread, cause the studs started out white to begin with....which is why I still feel the ESB Studs weren't painted silver during that time and are white....
    Nice detective work Alex!

From
    UK

Ripcode said: View Post
    I wandered if you'd chime in bruv?

Ripcode said: View Post
    HA HA!! call it Spidey sense..

Seriously I just think we need to reexamine allot of what we've seen in pictures. Most of the answers are right in front of us, for the most part anyway.....not saying I know everything, but just taking what we DO know from previous research, and what we Have seen and going from there...

besides these kinds of threads are fun, and are what these boards are about.......blah blah blah..

And WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FETT MISTER??

This thread ROCKS! Hey are there any color pics of the supertrooper out there? All 6 of the suits that were made started out as supertrooper?

I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    From
    California USA

You guys are nerds.

There's definitely some variations of color and knowing that the suit is mixed and matched over and over, it would seem that all of these examples would be correct.

From
    UK

MandalorFett said: View Post
    You guys are nerds.

Ain't we all?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Shinobi_Fett said: View Post
    This thread ROCKS! Hey are there any color pics of the supertrooper out there?
    Yes, but they are relatively small and don't show detail.

Shinobi_Fett said: View Post
    All 6 of the suits that were made started out as supertrooper?
    More or less. It seems by the time the last helmet was made they were no longer painting them white. Seems that by the end they knew it was no longer going to be a "Supertrooper"

From
    Cincinnati, OH

ART ANDREWS said: View Post

More or less. It seems by the time the last helmet was made they were no longer painting them white. Seems that by the end they knew it was no longer going to be a "Supertrooper"

Very interesting! This is the best part of these types of threads, we pull info out of the experts and learn something

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

And WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR FETT MISTER??
    I miss it...

Will be starting over in 2009!

I kept the helmet, blaster and shin tools so I won't have to re-do those... :o

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Seriously I just think we need to reexamine allot of what we've seen in pictures. Most of the answers are right in front of us, for the most part anyway.....
    Hey, you keep supplying the high res pics and we will all be more than happy to reexamine them with you.

ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    Hey, you keep supplying the high res pics and we will all be more than happy to reexamine them with you.
    (foot in mouth)...

I will just chime in here and say, who else KNEW that AT-AT pilots were GREY after all these years!!???

My point is, its easy to see from the photos that they look 'white' if you ask me they are probably Purple

From
    Austin Texas

Interesting pic tease there, Art!

I agree that the studs in that pic do look white. In fact much more white than the armor. Which is a little puzzling. At first I thought that maybe the armor was unpainted, but the helmet ears are already white.

Maybe I'm just a doubting Thomas, but I'm still unsure of what's going on with the ESB studs. I'll end up doing some paint and photo tests when I'm ready to make new collar studs. That's the only way I'll be able to convince myself one way or the other.

-Ryan

Not to de-rail, but I knew At-At pilots...........s Jumpsuit was grey. The chect armor and Helmet are grey too? INteresting that the action fig had always been white

From
    SW Minnesota, very small town

BOBA PHAT said: View Post
    Interesting pic tease there, Art!

I agree that the studs in that pic do look white. In fact much more white than the armor. Which is a little puzzling. At first I thought that maybe the armor was unpainted, but the helmet ears are already white.

Maybe I'm just a doubting Thomas, but I'm still unsure of what's going on with the ESB studs. I'll end up doing some paint and photo tests when I'm ready to make new collar studs. That's the only way I'll be able to convince myself one way or the other.

-Ryan
    I guess i'm on the same page. I'm usually a stickler for accuracy, but i just don't know on this one. I really think that white studs will look kind of, well....out of place or "dumb" on the ESB suit. Don't get me wrong, If it can be proved beyond a reasonable doubt that they are in fact white, then I'll be the first to paint mine white. Otherwise, i think I'm going to have to keep mine silver. Right now I just don't know. Definately a great discussion though!!!!

Don't mean to bring this up again, but after looking at more and more pics I still think the stud on ESB are white..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whitestudesb-jpg   whitestudesb1-jpg  
    Last edited by Spideyfett; Dec 30, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

From
    UK

Nice shots...

From
    Cincinnati, OH

In that B&W shot, there is a definate difference between the studs and the damage on the armor. Am I 100% convinced...no...closer though. I will say though that if the studs are white then the center of the diamond is white too....maybe....

From
    Fort Worth, TX

Yeah, but aluminum is pretty.

From
    Oklahoma City

Ok, I am dragging up an old thread. I have always thought they were white with the red topped one and gray one thrown in from time to time, but what are they? I have seen some adding machine keys that look very similar, and I have seen some adding machine keys that are white and gray. Maybe that is what they used and they painted the top of one red. What is the consensus?

white-studs2-jpg

Just more proof... White.

and here's what they look like from the back LOL
    studse-jpg