Subscribe
    Nov 14, 2013, 4:18 AM - esb rattlecan paint armor colors #1

hey guys Ive been looking around to see if there is any rattlecan color lists
    to my surprise there were none so i decided to make one that i believe is
    the most accurate to the original esb armor if you guys feel like there are
    better colors please notify me so I may change it.also this is just the basic
    colors so assuming you know were all the colors go i will be giving the
    mainly used colors.

the chest and shoulder armor color is rustoleum spruce green
    with any yellow color base coat as long as its bright and flat,
    also same with silver (if its not dark enough you could
    always wash it in black water and there's misting too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spruce green.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	72847

few examples of silvers and yellows that work

Name:	rust silver.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	72850

Name:	rust yellow bright.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	72851

the jetpack and gaunlets are krylon Italian olive also
    rustoleum red satin cabernet for red details on pack

Name:	krylon boba fett.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	72848

red:

Name:	rust red.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	72852

shoulder bells and knees are john deere yellow
    and metallic silver for base coat

Name:	rust yellow.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	72849

any silver will work for details/base coat

and last but not least is the flat black for
    misting any cheap can will do.

Name:	black flat.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	4.3 KB 
ID:	72853
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Nov 14, 2013, 3:48 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #2

Will you be doing any orange for the shoulders as well? Mixtures of yellow? Or yellow and orange?
    Nov 14, 2013, 4:07 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #3

ill eventually add a full color list once my armors finished, but for now the colors you see are the most used on the armor.
    this is literally a list i through together in a couple of hours just to see what i would use for when my armors done.
  4. Nov 14, 2013, 8:10 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #4

I posted a list somewhere when i did mine but i cant find it. It is however, very similar to yours. The rustoleum spruce green is pretty well known as the closest to the ESB color in a spraycan. For the shoulders and knees, I used krylon OSHA safety yellow and misted a touch of model master go mango orange for the more yellow shoulder and misted the orange more heavily for the darker orange. Now i know its not a dead on match, but i think it looks pretty good. Looks like your choices should work well as well

the italian olive is more the ROTJ helmet color. I use the spruce green on my jetpacks, but they are heavily weathered with black krylon primer, which changes the tones alot.

Check out the shoulder bells, knees, chest armor and jetpack on the 501st CRL i linked below, those are all my parts. Chest armor and jetpack are done with the spruce green, shoulders and knees done like mentioned above. they all have different levels of weathering which drastically change the shade of the base color. Please excuse the "drip streak" on one of the knees...that was a result of me trying to remove the webbing with the snap on it that was on the back of the knee...messed up the paint on the front...ugh. I need to repaint that.

501st Legion: Vader's Fist
    Nov 15, 2013, 2:17 AM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #5

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    I posted a list somewhere when i did mine but i cant find it. It is however, very similar to yours. The rustoleum spruce green is pretty well known as the closest to the ESB color in a spraycan. For the shoulders and knees, I used krylon OSHA safety yellow and misted a touch of model master go mango orange for the more yellow shoulder and misted the orange more heavily for the darker orange. Now i know its not a dead on match, but i think it looks pretty good. Looks like your choices should work well as well

the italian olive is more the ROTJ helmet color. I use the spruce green on my jetpacks, but they are heavily weathered with black krylon primer, which changes the tones alot.

Check out the shoulder bells, knees, chest armor and jetpack on the 501st CRL i linked below, those are all my parts. Chest armor and jetpack are done with the spruce green, shoulders and knees done like mentioned above. they all have different levels of weathering which drastically change the shade of the base color. Please excuse the "drip streak" on one of the knees...that was a result of me trying to remove the webbing with the snap on it that was on the back of the knee...messed up the paint on the front...ugh. I need to repaint that.

501st Legion: Vader's Fist
    What are you talking about it looks great! All of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Nov 24, 2013, 5:27 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #6

ha..well thank you
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 24, 2013, 7:21 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #7

You know the armor could use spruce as a base but with alot of weathering....
    Nov 24, 2013, 7:47 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #8

DVH, what colors did you use for the knees and shoulders? kryo OSHA yellow and what was that MM color? mango orange? did I read that right?
  9. Nov 24, 2013, 8:00 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #9

"go mango" is the name of the MM orange i used. Its a car color. I used to build Model cars, Mopars (dodge/plymouth) exclusively, its an actual muscle car color lol Keep in mind, both are weathered pretty heavily to dull down the brightness of the yellow.

Yea Dom it is weathered pretty heavy. Thats what i used for mine back in 2009, and i still have the same armor with the same paint. I actually want to weather my right chest plate more...but dont wanna mess it up so for now, im leaving it be since it looks good. they used it for the CRL so it cant look that bad lol. ...not that the 501st is always the most accurate or anything, but you know what i mean. lol One day im gonna grow a set and repaint my armor with airbrush colors.
  10. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 25, 2013, 8:19 AM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #10

Right and left chest plates are VERY different....its almost like they used two sets of armor there.
  11. Member Since
    Jun 2013
    Nov 27, 2013, 12:06 AM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #11

Hey Fett 4 Real you recommended bauhaus gold for the yellow damages on the armor correct?
  12. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 27, 2013, 7:18 AM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #12

No, I did not...i recommended Bauhaus for the yellow knee and shoulders...its close but not right either.

The yellow on the armor is another color...and REALLY it should be hand painted on with a brush and you can get zinc chromate (yellow) for that.
  13. Nov 28, 2013, 6:09 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #13

Hey Dom, what brand is the zinc chromate...I can't seem to find it :/

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Right and left chest plates are VERY different....its almost like they used two sets of armor there.
    Yes the right plate is much darker. In person mine is darker, but not enough. I want to try and get a mix in humbrols to get close to that color and then hopefully weather it to get it perfect. It's really hard to match because so many factors could be involved to get that final look. I'm determined to figure out a good combo to match it though!
  14. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 29, 2013, 1:13 PM - Re: esb rattlecan paint armor colors #14

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Hey Dom, what brand is the zinc chromate...I can't seem to find it :/

Yes the right plate is much darker. In person mine is darker, but not enough. I want to try and get a mix in humbrols to get close to that color and then hopefully weather it to get it perfect. It's really hard to match because so many factors could be involved to get that final look. I'm determined to figure out a good combo to match it though!
    Model masters....