Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ESB painted MOW Jetpack

From
    Brisbane, Australia

Re: ESB painted MOW Jetpack

Awesome...thanks very much for the additional colours Spidey really appreciate it.
    Now I am off to paint

clonecollector said: View Post
    Never considered that the stripe and thrusters ball details could be green!
    Who made the thrusters end caps?
    Brunswick "Green" is the name of the color... it's no where near a green tone.

From
    Detention Block AA23

Looks great Alex!
    How did you do the silver weathering areas? Did you use steel wool or sandpaper to get the scratches? I would love you to explain your techniques in those areas. I have never seen them done so well before.

kbrosseau said: View Post
    Looks great Alex!
    How did you do the silver weathering areas? Did you use steel wool or sandpaper to get the scratches? I would love you to explain your techniques in those areas. I have never seen them done so well before.

Thanks K...

And I did mention it at the top of the thread, but every color applied was applied topically, and there is No hard weathering (like sandpaper or steel wool) on this pack.
    I think the trick is the steps in which I applied the silver, and the fact that I used 3 types of silver. (for different tones of brightness)

• For example I used three types of silver colors directly from the bottle, the first was using a dry brush technique with very little paint on my brush (bigger brush is better for even strokes). I used Flat Aluminum for that stage (all the major silver/damage areas)... did some important weathering with a small sponge on top of that to ensure a nice "fade".
    • The next step was using Bright Silver, again using the dry brush technique with almost no pigment...additional weathering where it was needed.
    • Lastly, and for all the detail brightest spots/scrathes all over the pack, I used Chrome Silver. Applied that with a sponge and brush as well..less is more.

From
    Detention Block AA23

Whoops, I guess I skipped over the meaning of that. It looks very good. Did you use weathered black for the dark spot areas around the silver?

Also I hope to see that picture of the bottom of the pack!

From
    Brisbane, Australia

Another question please Spidey.
    I have pretty much completed my jetpack now, just decals, installing the beacon, figuring out how to attach the rocket and weathering to do.
    One minor point, I am trying to figure out the size of the white dot that is behind the stabliser? I have put one on it is about 5mm in diameter but it just looks a little small. Can you let me know ths size of the white dot please.
    Cheers
    Steve

From
    Galati, Romania

Judging by the images while using Seven's template for the jetpack stabilizer I may say it's around 9 or 10mm in diameter:

white-dot-jp-jpg

But these measurements might be off a bit...

From
    Brisbane, Australia

Awesome...thanks Raf

Thanks for the pics. I was having a difficult time locating good shots of the ESB paint job.