Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2002, 12:53 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #26

slave1 will often sell gloves off-line for the final price of his last auction. It depends on availability though.

Phil
    Sep 19, 2002, 5:46 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #27

fettalike wrote:Wow, $99 sounds like a lot for a pair of gloves. They aren't that hard to make, but his are supposed to be good.
    I made a pair. HIS are BETTER.
    Sep 23, 2002, 5:12 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #28

So my gloves have arrived and I can say I'm pleased . Once I really took a look at them they really don't seem like they’d be the hardest things to make but better him them me I guess. And to all of my ESB hunters, he also let me know that the dye he now uses makes them even better for our suits do to their darker coloring. In fact he also said if you were looking to use them for the ROTJ version they’d have to be lightened up some! So get them while you can because they're better than anything out there. To tell you the truth, it’s going to be hard to weather them up after blowing $95 bucks that’s for sure!!

Sep 23, 2002, 10:54 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #29

Say guys, how do those gloves compare to these?

And, uhh, guess why I want to know...?

::Edit:: Took out the auction link and posted the picture directly.

Sep 23, 2002, 11:20 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #30

If you are building a pre-pro Fett, then they are great. But if you are building either movie-version suit, then they are wrong. But hey, be creative and do what works best for you.
    Sep 23, 2002, 11:36 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #31

Ahh, crap!

Why the heck would the guy make gloves for the pre-pro version?!

What a colossal bummer.
    Sep 23, 2002, 11:51 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #32

Agreed, I just got rid of those for the gloves I'm getting! Great quality but whats up with them long thumbs on those leather ones??
    Sep 23, 2002, 11:59 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #33

So, what needs to be done to convert them to ESB or ROTJ?
    Sep 24, 2002, 12:10 AM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #34

Well like bobafettish said man, if your not going for that post production look your kinda screwed. You're better off just letting those go like I did and hunt for a better pair!
    Sep 24, 2002, 12:49 AM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #35

Bountys Hunted wrote:

So, what needs to be done to convert them to ESB or ROTJ?
    At least you'll have to remove the 7th Division (circle with hourglass) patch from the left glove and the TRADOC patch (circle with bar in the middle) from the right glove. Since they're leather, I don't know if you want to go through the trouble of making them the right color using leather dye, etc...
    Sep 24, 2002, 2:41 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #36

Thanks Fetthunter for the tips...
  12. Rogue Studios is offline Rogue Studios
    Sep 27, 2002, 11:10 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #37

Too bad he doesn't make them out of the gray dress gloves like the originals they would be much better.
  13. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Jan 8, 2003, 5:22 AM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #38

Could anybody Pm me with details about how to get these gloves!?

Thanks,
    Mikael
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jan 8, 2003, 12:19 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #39

there was a pair on ebay last night, buy it now of $95 or so.

If they're gone email the seller and ask if you can purchase a set offline.

Phil
    Jan 8, 2003, 10:53 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #40

WPK,

Here is a pic of my gloves made by Slave1 I got from one of his initial runs

Enjoy

~Bobby
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Jan 8, 2003, 11:03 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #41

These are mine from within the past 6 months or so. I don't see much difference from bobbywan's, and these are likely the same as WPK's.

Of course this is just an excuse to post another picture of this sweet rifle

Phil

Rave on little Cheat!
  17. Slave1
    Feb 2, 2003, 8:09 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #42

Cool gun Phil!

And a cool thread!

I know, I know, I don't get here nearly as often as I like, but hey, I'm busy making gloves and painting armor right?

I do sell the gloves off of Ebay for the cost of the price of the last auction OR the Buy it now price ($99), whichever is more.

Would I pay that? Heck no; these are just gloves for cripe's sake. I really consider my gloves to be far down the line in the list of priorities for the costume, and that's why I start the auctions at $65, a much more reasonable price. It just seems like more and more people are needing them for whatever reasoning. I've even had people get multiple pairs! It's a mystery to me. This Fett guy must be some kind of cult figure or something

Some info on the gloves: I've gone through about three different versions to get to where I'm at now, what with perfecting the dye, playing around with the accent patterns, getting the right base gloves, etc. Hence, the early gloves are not as accurate, but then they don't go for as much either.

I do not believe believe the original ESB gloves were gray material to begin with. I believe they white and then were dyed, just as I do them, and I believe they were reused for ROTJ, but by the time they filmed in the hot desert sun, they were sun faded.

Can you make them yourself? Heck yeah. There's no secret to them. You just have to sit down and do it. Some people just choose to go with a pre-developed item.

As with ANY piece of this costume, you have to make a decision on how much of it you can (and are willing) to make yourself, how much time you're willing to invest, how much money you're willing to invest, and how much effort you're willing to invest. If there is any one costume that will challenge you to juggle these factors, it's this one!
    Feb 2, 2003, 8:52 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #43

Mine just came in yesterday!! Hooo-boy, they are slick!
    Dead-on Fett gloves. Nuff' said!

19. Slave1
    Feb 2, 2003, 9:29 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #44

Hey, glad you like them. Hope they do your costume justice!

20. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Feb 3, 2003, 7:29 AM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #45

Quote:
    "Can you make them yourself? Heck yeah. There's no secret to them. You just have to sit down and do it."
    Easy for you to say. I've tried and failed to make anything resembling a Fett glove. I've also failed to see many, if any, come close to making near as nice gloves.

Cutting... dyeing.... sewing.... getting the pattern right. I'd assume that I'd have to put at least 6 hours into the job plus the cost of materials if I wanted to come close to something accurate.

Figure out how much your time is worth to you and you might even come to OVER the $100.

21. Rodann
    Feb 3, 2003, 10:44 AM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #46

Hey, I paid $160 for PRE-PROs, so what do I know?

I LOST that $160 auction (my high bid was $160, actually), and offered ghostdevil the $160 on the gloves he was auctioning on the RPF. I used the auction as my basis for the price, being new to Fett and all. But hell, most of the money I spent was made back on ebay, so it's not as bad as it sounds.

Actually, I prefer them, they're my favorite design. I may go for "unique" before I go "accurate". They stand out more, and I never liked the "blah" of the white-to-gray ones. They disappear in the commotion of the costume. For ESB, it's fine- the gauntlets are "blah" too (ooh, I'm gonna get burned for that one! ). I never liked the ESB gauntlets or jet pack- too plain. But since I'm doing an ROTJ suit- which has always been amalgamated into the PRE-PRO for the action figures, I figure it's at least acceptable (for now).

I *MAY* try to see how light I can make them, though. I've got some ideas.

Feb 3, 2003, 2:30 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #47

:evil
    Feb 3, 2003, 5:42 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #48

Slave1 wrote:

Hey, glad you like them. Hope they do your costume justice!

I have no doubt they will!!!

Feb 3, 2003, 10:15 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #49

SFPROPS wrote:

Cutting... dyeing.... sewing.... getting the pattern right. I'd assume that I'd have to put at least 6 hours into the job plus the cost of materials if I wanted to come close to something accurate.

Figure out how much your time is worth to you and you might even come to OVER the $100.
    Don't forget to factor in that the white padded areas on the backs of the hands and fingers are handstitched on. Talk about painstaking.
  25. Slave1
    Feb 4, 2003, 4:32 PM - Re: ESB Gloves!! #50

BobaFettish wrote:

SFPROPS wrote:

--------------------------------

Don't forget to factor in that the white padded areas on the backs of the hands and fingers are handstitched on. Talk about painstaking.
    True enough. It basically boils down to how inclined you are to do your own work. I have had a lot of people that did try to do it on their own and ended up saying heck with it and got some of mine anyway.

FYI, if anyone's considering bidding or buying a pair, though they can be gotten for less, the average price does stay right around the Buy-it-now price of $99 or close to it. That includes the off Ebay buyers. Incredible demand. People just aren't satisfied with using ski gloves anymore.

BTW, I really appreciate all the support everyone has given me over the gloves. Lots of people have emailed back to thank me when they got them, and I really enjoyed seeing the gloves being sported at Cel II and on the occassional website. My wife keeps saying I should have some sort of business card to pass out when we see a Boba Fett at a convention or something who doesn't have a pair, but I'm pretty happy what just word-of-mouth has done. Thanks again guys.

*Edited for formating*