Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    Sep 16, 2002, 7:05 AM - ESB Gloves!! #1

Well I finally scored a pair of slave 1s custom Fett gloves! Although I blew $99 dollars on them At least I made out better than the last poor sap that spent $167 on the previous auction So what’s the general consensus on them, tell me my money was well spent? I'll give you my opinion when they get here but I just wanted to know what to expect. Thanks...

Sep 16, 2002, 11:51 AM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #2

i have a pair and they rock!!
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2002
    Sep 16, 2002, 12:10 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #3

after numerous attempts to make a pair i also gave up and purchased a pair they are awesome!

Sep 16, 2002, 12:19 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #4

$99??

Um...no.

I paid about $40 for mine. And that's all I'd pay. They're nice, but they're just thin gloves with some extra material sewn onto them.

I expect to get a lot more for $99 of my money.

5. I helped at SDCC '08 journeymanprotector's Avatar
    Sep 16, 2002, 2:45 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #5

Well, worth is relative. I will say that I have a pair, bought at $95. I have not seen them cheaper, nor have I seen them better, therefore I am happy. That determines worth. If I knew anything about sewing I could probably make something I was satisfied with. But I'm highly satisfied with my pair and with the price I paid.

I won't say that they appear to be particularly complicated, bounty haunter is correct that they're relatively simple in design. Simple matter is that no one else appears to be making them

You'll like them

Phil
    Sep 16, 2002, 3:36 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #6

bobagoat & jaybone9 [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] Cool men, I'm starting to feel better about this purchase!

Bounty Haunter [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] Thanks man, I'm starting to feel worse

Journeymanprotector [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] Point well taken, starting to feel better again!

Thanks guys!! Anymore opinions are welcome!

7. Mandalorian70
    Sep 16, 2002, 3:39 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #7

Saw those and was gonna bid on em but I plan to build some of my own for now . . .

Take Care

John
    Sep 16, 2002, 3:39 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #8

I paid less than you did for yours, so I can't compare pricing, but I think you'll like them. They are nice and "puffy" like the originals. Mine fit great.
  9. Member Since
    Jun 2002
    Sep 16, 2002, 6:52 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #9

$90,$160?

wow.

Sep 16, 2002, 8:05 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #10

I love my pair, although I bought mine long before everybody knew how cool they were and thus paid far less. It is all supply and demand. If nobody was willing to pay that price, they'd be less. If you are going for a movie accurate suit (in appearance), you'll be content with these. I know I am.

A quick note: the screen used pair had a button closure, not velcro, but that part is covered by your gauntlets anyway. The look is accurate.
    Sep 16, 2002, 8:23 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #11

Mandalorian70 [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] Sorry I nabbed them on you buddy! If you want me to I'll grab them for you the next time they go up if I spot them first again!

Mr Fett [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] Hope so!!!

Boba Freekk [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] no one said trying to be Boba fett was going to be cheap

BobaFettish [img]images/smiles/icon7.gif[/img] Well if anyone would know about accuracy it would be you!! Thanks...
    Sep 16, 2002, 8:55 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #12

Beat me to it!!

Quote:A quick note: the screen used pair had a button closure, not velcro, but that part is covered by your gauntlets anyway. The look is accurate.
    Sep 16, 2002, 9:40 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #13

tylerdurden wrote:Beat me to it!!
    You to huh, sorry man! At least I can see that there are a few experienced Fetts still looking for them as well! Feelen good about this purchase!8)
    Sep 16, 2002, 9:43 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #14

Actually 99.00 isn't THAT bad considering they really do make the costume lean more in the "accurate" direction,and they are not that easy to come by unless there is a current "run" going on,...which there is not(to the best of my knowledge).So enjoy them,try them on,and most of all,........get them DIRTY

Steve
    Sep 17, 2002, 2:21 AM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #15

Any pictures of these said "gloves"?
    Sep 17, 2002, 4:26 AM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #16

fettcicle wrote:Any pictures of these said "gloves"?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the gloves warn by everyone (Fett) in the "EVERYBODY LOVES THE FETT!!! BIG DRAGONCON PICS" thread are wearing the gloves that we are discussing. If not I know for sure Bobafettishes are.
    Sep 17, 2002, 2:09 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #17

I'll have to take a look, if they aren't red with yellow pads, and oval patches on the back of the hands, I don't pay too much attention
    Sep 17, 2002, 4:08 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #18

Yep, I was wearing them in the Dragon Con pics.

I have seen some differences in the gloves, not sure if they are older and new models or something. I've looked at Goats, and they are a different material than mine for the body of the glove, but both are by Slave 1.
    Sep 17, 2002, 4:53 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #19

Really... That’s the first time I heard there are some variences in newer and older pairs. Mr Fett, are Goats older or newer than yours and are the differences improvements or lack there of???
    Sep 17, 2002, 5:24 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #20

I don't really know, as I got my pair FROM Goat!
    He had a pair already, and got a second new pair as part of a package deal he got off Ebay, so sold me those ones. Since he had a pair already, I can assume his were the older model and mine the newer, but it could very well be the other way around.

Oh yeah, to dirty them, I went out into TK826's yard and put them on and ran my hands through the dirt, both front and back.
    Sep 17, 2002, 8:04 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #21

I too own a pair and LOVE them.

Looking at your gloved hands holding a Blastech EE-3, you start thinking "Maybe I AM Boba Fett!".

I certainly haven't seen anything on the market that comes close to their accuracy!

I didn't get mine on eBay though, I just sent an email and worked the deal out that way...
    Sep 17, 2002, 8:40 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #22

Fetthunter wrote:I didn't get mine on eBay though, I just sent an email and worked the deal out that way...
    Well I think it clearly states in their auctions not to e-mail them about anything other than the actual gloves listed, so I never bothered doing that. Although I wish I would have, I probably would have nabbed them way sooner!
    Sep 18, 2002, 12:37 AM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #23

I have a pair.....

And they totally friggin rock!!!!!!!

Jodo
    Sep 18, 2002, 6:47 PM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #24

Well Paid Killer wrote:Well I think it clearly states in their auctions not to e-mail them about anything other than the actual gloves listed, so I never bothered doing that. Although I wish I would have, I probably would have nabbed them way sooner!
    Well, when I got mine, I don't think they had any on eBay. I tracked down the email, and the rest is history.

Besides, if they *REALLY* want your business, they'll sell you some gloves, eBay or not.
  25. fettalike
    Sep 19, 2002, 7:24 AM - Re: Ahh yes brothers and sisters, life is good! #25

Wow, $99 sounds like a lot for a pair of gloves. They aren't that hard to make, but his are supposed to be good.