Subscribe
    Aug 17, 2010, 8:20 PM - ESB: Girth Belt Questions #1

hey sup guys i got a white girth belt from Dover Saddlery a few weeks back and today i went out and brought some Cocoa Brown Dye. which im hoping is the correct colour for the girth. if not im pretty sure some spray paint weathering wont fix. but any way i got some hot water poured in some of the dye and went to work.

here is some pics

any tips you guys got for me, and its a bit lighter in person.

Quick edit: Forgot to mention the rope parts that go up in natural sunlight looks purple.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	semi-full-girth.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	653.7 KB 
ID:	45769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dying-girth-1.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	535.4 KB 
ID:	45770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	close-up-girth.png 
Views:	91 
Size:	776.4 KB 
ID:	45771  

Last edited by BENJI; Aug 17, 2010 at 8:30 PM.
  2. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Aug 19, 2010, 11:08 AM - Re: ESB: Girth Belt Questions #2

I am not great on colors, but I have to tell you, I think the ESB belt is more red than most people think and I think there is less difference than most people believe between the ESB and ROTJ girths.
    Aug 19, 2010, 2:13 PM - Re: ESB: Girth Belt Questions #3

I think the best color for the ESB belt (thanks to Fettdad to his research/comparison) is "New Pilgrim Red" Its a water based stain that can be found at Loews. That's what I used for mine and I think it looks great. Vasoline the buckles before you dye and you won't have to worry about it (comes off nice and clean with very little effort).
    Aug 19, 2010, 2:59 PM - Re: ESB: Girth Belt Questions #4

Quote Drexx Korso said: View Post
    I think the best color for the ESB belt (thanks to Fettdad to his research/comparison) is "New Pilgrim Red" Its a water based stain that can be found at Loews. That's what I used for mine and I think it looks great. Vasoline the buckles before you dye and you won't have to worry about it (comes off nice and clean with very little effort).
    thanks for that information. i googled that colour and currently my belt is not so far from it. maybe another dying will do fine.
    Aug 19, 2010, 4:44 PM - Re: ESB: Girth Belt Questions #5

I used a RIT Wine colered dye on my last few and they came out really light on the first dye job. I finally let them sit in a 5 gallon bucket for two days then dries them in the sun without rinsing them out and they look really good (IMHO).

I am with Art though and I think they are a lot closer than you would think. The Wine color looks brown in some light and bright red in other.