ESB Gauntlets

From
    New Brunswick, Canada

ESB Gauntlets

I believe I have seen some pictures here of ESB gauntlets with only one hose and some with the three hoses. Which is correct or are they both correct? Can someone post a pic of their ESB right Gauntlet to show me the correct look.

The reason I am asking is that the resin peices that I have right now are in pretty bad shape when I got them. I would like to replace them with brass connectors to make it look better and save myself some heartache. Or do I even need to spend the money on them if they are not needed?

Thanks,
    Stussy

Re: ESB Gauntlets

You only need one hose coming off the right gauntlet, no brass connector showing. Hope that helps.

Also note that inside that hose is a smaller diameter black hose.

As GBH stated, this is the only Hose on the ESB gauntlet...

Last edited by Spideyfett; Dec 16, 2008 at 8:49 AM.

From
    New Brunswick, Canada

Thanks guys, that is what I thought but believe I have seen ESB costumes with 3 hoses and wanted to be sure.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

You may be getting confused with the ROTJ gauntlets. There are three hoses coming off of the right one.

From
    Pittsburgh

Are those hoses annoying? They seem like they'd be frustrating >_<

El1te

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I don't wear mine.

From
    Dallas/Fort Worth

I was concerned that the stiffness of the hose would eventually break the connection at the gauntlet. I took a drill with a bit slightly larger than the opening and very carefully drilled out the hose as far as the bit would go in. You can't go too fast because if the bit grabs, it could torque the hose and cut it. After that, I took the next larger bit and did it again. I believe I did this with only two bits and that made the hose quite flexible at the connection. Now, when I move my arm around, there is a lot less tension at the connection and there is less of a danger of it breaking. I used hot glue to connect the hose. That way, if I need to replace the hose, I just give it a gentle twist and it comes off.

From
    Schenectady, NY

Does anyone know the most accurate way to connect the hose to the ESB gauntlet ?

I read in one thread that there was actually a black hose running up through the main hose, any thoughts on what to use, what's most flexible ? I was thinking of just cruising through Lowes / Home Depot. I was lucky enough to get a hold of a length of material from my buddy who was throwing out his old sink hose. I saw it in his truck, you would have thought there was a bar of gold sitting there by the look on my face!