Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ESB Gaunlet greeblie help

Re: ESB Gaunlet greeblie help

Well now i need one of these lol.

There apparently was a couple on ebay but nothing at the moment. They were fairly inexpensive too. Between 12 and 40 bucks. Of course now we will all drive the prices up haha.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Yeah. Now the flashlight people will hate us.

Everyone blame Mekroid!

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Excellent find!

From
    Indiana

You know there is somebody at google or yahoo asking why a "Ever Ready Minilight" is trending on searchers.

Hahaha!

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

And there was me thinking youd all go 'knew that!'
    Ive known for a bit and been trying to find my torches ... I have remains of 1 poss 2 (as I nicked my mums when I was little to use as a phaser )...the switch is DEFINITELY a slide one , forward to switch on etc ...only a few mil of movement , the recess in the front of the gauntlet is probably just cut out round the bulb of the torch , the front of the torch is slightly curved with the bulb protruding as in the shots ... this type of switch was on a larger EVERREADY torch I had as well , this one was blue (was also done in other colours ... prob just red and blue )and took a larger flat battery with 2 long metal contacts on its top face.
    Both types of torch pull apart to access the battery by pulling the 2 coloured sections away from each other .I definitely have the remains of at least one as I have kept boxes of greeblies for years now . When these are found I will post pics and see about getting them repro'd .

Just checked that completed e bay link ....
    torches-jpg
    the big one here is the other I described ... also didnt know they were in a third colour (red/blue/black)

So , the name we want is EVER READY HANDY LIGHT / MINILIGHT

ASOK , I think youre right

FETTERED , thats ok I get blamed for most things ...then I blame IG88!

P.S. ... just in case I'm on to somethang elsewhere I would draw everyones attention to the FIBRE GLASS ROLLERS idea ... this is upgraded from my several years old theory that the wrist rocket body is a hair curler core ... WE NEED TO CHECK FIBRE GLASS ROLLERS OUT!... there are many different types !....ALSO I am convinced ,(this I presume is already known though I havent read it anywhere)that the front of the wrist rocket is a plumb bob ... I have an identical one ... it is chromed and when I took a push mould from it years ago to make a rondo nose piece the chroming came off leaving the brassy finish that appears in some close up shots .
    And while I think about it , the scalpel holder , alias the jet pack adjust tool right?....those four fins on the end that isnt a socket ....I have a very similar blade handle somewhere , could be very old exacto , it has a metal body but a similar plastic part in white on the end that doesnt hold blades ... again when I find it .....

OK ,OK I'll start looking now ... gawd!... nag nag nag ... its like being married !......
    Last edited by mekroid; Oct 2, 2012 at 8:50 PM.

From
    Galati, Romania

mekroid said: View Post
    And while I think about it , the scalpel holder , alias the jet pack adjust tool right?....those four fins on the end that isnt a socket ....I have a very similar blade handle somewhere , could be very old exacto , it has a metal body but a similar plastic part in white on the end that doesnt hold blades ... again when I find it .....
    Before you start looking for the jetpack adjustment tool, you better take a look at this image with the shin tools:

shin-tools-original-vs-fake-jpg

At some point the best direction for the 4th shin tool was a microphone casing, but we still don't know the right model. I did some research on this and altough I didn't find the actual part, I managed to do some nice comparison images with this tool's variations ==> RafalFett Strikes Back... with the 4th Shin Tool!

I can't wait to see some good images with your Ever Right Minilight in all its glory!

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

Rafal , you are totally right with that one , the other tools had lodged in memory and for some reason I do now remember those shots of the obviously bigger adjust tool thingy ... after reading your well researched thread(WOW!)I'm convinced about the telescope for the proto gun and the tool !...nice job dude !

Makes me think , I dont get on here that much and probably just dont know where to look but is there a definitive list anywhere on TDH as to actual found objects involved in the suit?...if there isnt can I suggest there should be so people like me dont go around re inventing circular methods of conveyance
    ....also Ive wanted to see the 'super trooper' footage for years now ...it took a few minutes poking around on you tube but finally I did after Rafal's earlier post ...again Ive probably just not looked hard enough , but couldnt find an obvious link to it in an anchored place on here...am I missing it somehow?

I'd be interested in your opinions on the glass fibre roller idea... I stress this is only a theory but struck me as a possibility for the last few years now , also I tried the plumb bob on the end of an old one of these and and it looked good (ballpark)...the rollers have a tube through the centre like any paint roller and the plumb bob has a threaded hole where the line attaches so you could run a threaded bar through the roller and screw it into the bob.

cfs-paddle-roller-21x50mm-l-jpg This is the KIND of roller , there are many variations ... I would suggest that ,if one was the part, it was a 60's/70's one that was laying around the studios... I pulled one out of a skip during a clearout at a small prop company I used to help at years back .

cfs-fin-roller-70x30-detail-l-jpg this secont type is not relevant to this but shows an interesting greeblie that may occur elsewhere in SW or whatever (may spark someone else)...its just to illustrate the differing types of item .

The first type of roller is available in several different lengths and diameters .

Again I stress this is a possible ballpark theory only , but I figure I should chuck it out there ...(now Ive seen RAFAL's work I think I know who I'd put money on to find out if this theory flies1.. )

Also , does anyone think there is mileage in this plum bob idea?....

As Ive said already , I took a push mould of a cheap one and this stripped some of the chroming revealing its brassy colour underneath .This would of course need a mass of holes drilled in ... thats why I made one in RONDO (resin/bondo)....Ive heard THE method for drilling these kind of holes is to do it to the end of stock material THEN turn it to a cone ?...this is whats been throwing me about the theory .

sell_plumb-jpgplumb_bob-jpg26098785-260x260-0-0_farberware-stanley-47-973-8-oz-brass-plumb-bob-jpgchromed_plumb_bob_wooden_spool_metal_spool-jpg

From
    Galati, Romania

Rafal , you are totally right with that one , the other tools had lodged in memory and for some reason I do now remember those shots of the obviously bigger adjust tool thingy ... after reading your well researched thread(WOW!)I'm convinced about the telescope for the proto gun and the tool !...nice job dude !
    Thanks for the kind words! Although the 4th shin tool wasn't a part of a telescope, at least we have some generic measurements for that tool.

Makes me think , I dont get on here that much and probably just dont know where to look but is there a definitive list anywhere on TDH as to actual found objects involved in the suit?...if there isnt can I suggest there should be so people like me dont go around re inventing circular methods of conveyance
    Most of the found parts are described in the TDH Wiki
    For the Letraset dry transfer go here ==> Letraset Dry Transfer Font - Folio Bold Condensed

....also Ive wanted to see the 'super trooper' footage for years now ...it took a few minutes poking around on you tube but finally I did after Rafal's earlier post ...again Ive probably just not looked hard enough , but couldnt find an obvious link to it in an anchored place on here...am I missing it somehow?
    From another of my threads ==> SuperTrooper Footage - New Link on StarWars.com

I'd be interested in your opinions on the glass fibre roller idea... I stress this is only a theory but struck me as a possibility for the last few years now , also I tried the plumb bob on the end of an old one of these and and it looked good (ballpark)...the rollers have a tube through the centre like any paint roller and the plumb bob has a threaded hole where the line attaches so you could run a threaded bar through the roller and screw it into the bob.

cfs-paddle-roller-21x50mm-l-jpg This is the KIND of roller , there are many variations ... I would suggest that ,if one was the part, it was a 60's/70's one that was laying around the studios... I pulled one out of a skip during a clearout at a small prop company I used to help at years back .

Again I stress this is a possible ballpark theory only , but I figure I should chuck it out there ...(now Ive seen RAFAL's work I think I know who I'd put money on to find out if this theory flies1.. )
    I realy like the look of that roller, it seems very close to the left gauntlet's rocket body. Do you have some measurements for that?
    There was another similar thing but from a different tool posted by someone else ==> Found item similar to Gauntlet rocket

Also , does anyone think there is mileage in this plum bob idea?....

As Ive said already , I took a push mould of a cheap one and this stripped some of the chroming revealing its brassy colour underneath .This would of course need a mass of holes drilled in ... thats why I made one in RONDO (resin/bondo)....Ive heard THE method for drilling these kind of holes is to do it to the end of stock material THEN turn it to a cone ?...this is whats been throwing me about the theory .

sell_plumb-jpgplumb_bob-jpg26098785-260x260-0-0_farberware-stanley-47-973-8-oz-brass-plumb-bob-jpgchromed_plumb_bob_wooden_spool_metal_spool-jpg
    You might be onto something with this, at least with the form. You did some great research here! Keep up the hunt!

From
    Las Vegas, NV

I can't say with certainty that the gauntlet rocket is or is not made of found parts. However, there is evidence that would suggest the rocket was a custom machined piece. A few years ago, Prop Store offered a small log book from a machinist (maybe from Elstree?) who worked on Star Wars. This notebook included a number of Star Wars pieces including some 3P0 parts as well as the rocket for Fett. I have photos somewhere of it, but all the measurements are marked out. While that isn't proof that the rocket was machined and doesn't mean it wasn't originally a found item, it strongly indicates that it was machined.

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

ART,The plumb bob would have needed the holes machining into it .

RAFAL, that was just the first , and only of the few pics I quickly googled to state the case , the rollers are available these days (and wont have changed much if any)in numerous sizes ,lengths and diameters ...I will keep checking around for them but getting the info out there increases the number of optics looking for them .
    I do have one .. I'll dig it out .
    (In case anyone is unfamiliar with these , they are to burnish down glassfibre matt after resining to eliminate as much air as possible and spread the resin around evenly .)

Will try to find the plumb bob too .

(also nice thing with the clutch tool !.. want one for the custom suit now!)
    Last edited by mekroid; Oct 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM.

From
    Denver, CO

ESB Gaunlet greeblie help

This is great news indeed......... Very nicely done :-)
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Art Andrews said: View Post
    While that isn't proof that the rocket was machined and doesn't mean it wasn't originally a found item, it strongly indicates that it was machined.
    Are there any examples (i.e. precedent) of SW props around this time, especially with regard to Fett, where there was a known prototype prop made from found parts but then machined duplicates were made? I know this happened in the form of molding/casting, but what about machining?

From
    Albuquerque

You guys never cease to amaze me, well done on the find

From
    Fremont, CA

just picked up 2 MiniLights from British evilBay

From
    Denver, CO

Ditto....

Syper said: View Post
    just picked up 2 MiniLights from British evilBay

thanks, help and info

From
    Oklahoma City

Anyone want to sell their extra one?

From
    Galati, Romania

I just hope that some of you (who bought the minilight) will do a lot of images and measurements so we can have more info regarding this found part.

Thanks in advance!

From
    Liverpool, UK

Well guys found this on ebay though someone might want the org part so here it is Ever Ready Mini Light Torch Pocket 6051 Working 1970s | eBay

I have one that I will be including on my new esb gauntlets due to be finished as soon as I mold that said part.

From
    Galati, Romania

That's great! I hope someone will grab that one. But could someone (who bought a torch) post some better images and some measurements of the real stuff?

Thanks!

GAH! its only UK sales!! i messaged him anyway to see if he'd ship to the US. I REALLY want one of these! thanks for posting!

That was impressive. In the last couple hours of the auction it shot from 1.99 to finish at 26.00... not including shipping. Was that one of you folks who got it, or some avid torch collector? i.e., can we expect that to be a typical cost to source this item, or d'you think that was an outlier?

--Jonah

From
    Fremont, CA

Another clear shot of it on the right gaunt.

ppwes-jpg
    ever-20ready-20minilight-202-jpg

From
    Indiana

Well, I will tell you this, it is coming to the US, and you will be able to buy a copy.