Subscribe
    Apr 12, 2005, 3:41 PM - ESB flamethrower parts??????? #1

I was wondering. Have any of the ESB flame trower parts been Identified yet?
    Apr 12, 2005, 5:31 PM - Re: ESB flamethrower parts??????? #2

No. It's been ages since it was discussed and IIRC it was pretty much determined to have been a machined part.This 3D rendering was the best interpretation ever done. 10 were machined (I've got one ) and it was cast and came with FP's ESB gauntlets.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails esb-flamethrower-3d-jpg  
    Apr 12, 2005, 6:05 PM - Re: ESB flamethrower parts??????? #3

Quote DL44 Blaster said:
    IIRC it was pretty much determined to have been a machined part.
    Well, in all fairness, we do not have good enough photos to even begin to analyze the components of the flamethrower. It's quite possible, and fairly likely, that are some found parts on it. But without better pictures, machining or scratch-building it are the only viable options.
  4. Member Since
    Apr 2002
    Apr 13, 2005, 1:41 PM - Re: ESB flamethrower parts??????? #4

Quote DL44 Blaster said:
    No. It's been ages since it was discussed and IIRC it was pretty much determined to have been a machined part.This 3D rendering was the best interpretation ever done. 10 were machined (I've got one ) and it was cast and came with FP's ESB gauntlets.

Steve
    WOw- only 10 of these were made? I'm glad I got one- I didn't know how scarce it was. Who made these? (I can't remember)

Mark
    Apr 13, 2005, 4:00 PM - Re: ESB flamethrower parts??????? #5

Boba Phett was the one who gets all the credit to putting these aluminum beauty's out

Between my aluminum flamethrower and aluminum rocket my left gaunt. weighs a ton Good thing it's only ever gonna reside on a mannequin.
    Steve
    Apr 17, 2005, 5:12 AM - Re: ESB flamethrower parts??????? #6

hm, I got a resin one from Rufkintoy, although you could see soem differences, even with the blurry scarce reference pics, it was ok i guess... wasnt a very stable construction though, almost entirly redone it myself using wooden dowels that go all the way through the entire construction, made it alot less accurate, but with an aproximating paint job on it... it is now quite durable, lightweight and looks fair enough...

ill try to get pics soon.