Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 31, 2015, 2:34 PM - ESB Fett build feedback #1

Looking for feedback on my ESB Fett build. Sending in pics for 501st approval soon. Thanks ~ RogueWolf (Jason)

3 Weeks Ago - Jan 31, 2015, 5:12 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #2

RW:
    I have not submitted my Fett to the 501st, but their web site list the requirements in detail. I have seen a number of 501st approved costume that IMO are not completely accurate. Overall, I think yours looks pretty damn nice. I notice a few things about your Fett, but I don't know if they will deny you approval. Here is what I see.

Some of your braids appear much too long
    The wraps atop the boots are too wide
    The bottoms of your thrusters are missing the maroon paint details
    The silver left and right facing details on your thruster balls - are missing the red paint inset detail.
    You need some dull coat. Your back pack looks particularly shiny
    The gaps between your chest plates look wide.
    Do you have a pad inside the helmet? I seems to sit low. I have the same problem
    The vent indentations at the base of your rocket - looks like green paint didn't get in there. Needs some paint and grime in there
    Right shin tool too long, or pockets not deep enough
    4th shin tool is wrong. I have 120mm aluminum tube if interested.
    Best of luck
    Last edited by SPY007; 3 Weeks Ago at 6:07 PM.
  3. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 31, 2015, 9:42 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #3

Thanks for the reply Spy

Some of your braids appear much too long - yeah one loop came undone during pics
    The wraps atop the boots are too wide - I have two sets a thicker and thinner set so thats a no prob I can just switch over to the thinner set
    The bottoms of your thrusters are missing the maroon paint details - Gotcha
    The silver left and right facing details on your thruster balls - are missing the red paint inset detail. - mmm I inserted the detail MoW provided for these pieces
    You need some dull coat. Your back pack looks particularly shiny - yeah its a new paint job I hope over time it dulls a bit
    Do you have a pad inside the helmet? I seems to sit low. I have the same problem - yeah and this bugs me...if I add more padding I lose sight and have to see out the nose area
    The vent indentations at the base of your rocket - looks green paint didn't get in there. Needs some paint and grime in there
    Right shin tool too long, or pockets not deep enough - I can trim down if need be though it fit up to the size listed on the schematics I have

Best of luck - Thanks for the feedback best of luck to you 2 my friend.
  4. 3 Weeks Ago - Jan 31, 2015, 10:00 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #4

Quote RogueWolf said: View Post
    Thanks for the reply Spy

The silver left and right facing details on your thruster balls - are missing the red paint inset detail. - mmm I inserted the detail MoW provided for these pieces
    i think he meant the middle of them should be painted red.

There are a few Fetts floating around from before the standards were raised, and a few slip through because the particular GML doesnt know the costume as well as he/she should, and instead of posting it on the legion GML forum for other GMLs to look over, they just approve it.

I was a 501st GML for 3yrs... so here is my input:

-The thruster activation buttons (the silver parts on the side of the thrusters) - Should be painted red in the centers
    -the ankle ties are too tall - they should be about an inch tall.
    -Helmet is sitting too low - just pad the top of the helmet a bit more
    -paint is too shiny - testors dullcoate or krylon matt finish should fix that right up in a jiffy.
    -sidearm should be a rusty/brownish color, rather than straight up brown. - I have used krylon ruddy brown primer and gloss coated it with excellent results.
    -chest plates look a bit to far apart, and the center diamond looks small in comparison. - If you bring the chest plates in a bit that should help.
    -shin pockets too shallow
    -pouches should match the jumpsuit color. Not sure if they do, they look more grey in the pics, but that could be lighting.

In addition, not a fan of the shade of green. It looks very blue/green, but again, that could be lighting. Chest emblem isnt one of the better representations. The damage on the helmet looks a bit oversized...but i dont think any of these will hinder clearance.

Otherwise it looks good. Nice job.

My helmet i look out of the center strip..otherwise my helmet also sits too low, darn short neck lol. You get used to it fast, its not really that bad.

EDIT: i see alot of this was already pointed out by SPY007 lol
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; 3 Weeks Ago at 8:31 AM.
    3 Weeks Ago - Jan 31, 2015, 10:33 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #5

RW:

This is the SE costume, but this is what I mean. SPY

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/galle...t-costume.html
    Last edited by SPY007; 3 Weeks Ago at 6:06 PM.
    3 Weeks Ago - Feb 1, 2015, 5:42 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #6

I would also add to the list that your collar is way too long and is lacking the beveled 'return' edge that gives it the appearance of thickness
    3 Weeks Ago - Feb 1, 2015, 6:06 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #7

I agree on the collar. That is why you have the big gaps in the chest plates
    Your shoulder studs are placed wrong too.
    Also, your right gauntlet switches look incorrect and too long.
    You can still buy the correct switch, but they're like $12 a piece.
    Gaunlets look to the same color as the armor. I am pretty sure they should be lighter.
    I don't think your paint will dull on it's own. I found Testors dull coat to be the best.
    The sides of your pack have two divots. I have never seen that before.
    My own Fett has a number of little fixes needed...
    It never seems to end.
    Last edited by SPY007; 3 Weeks Ago at 2:11 AM.
  8. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    3 Weeks Ago - Feb 1, 2015, 10:46 PM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #8

RedKrayt your collar, back and cod/butt pieces are on my future upgrade list ..... and gauntlets...I want you to rock out some ESB gauntlets....pwease
  9. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    3 Weeks Ago - Feb 2, 2015, 9:00 AM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #9

RedKrayt PM me when you get a chance with collar and back prices from your shop please...btw Krayts pieces are most freaking excellent

and thanks again to everyone who has taken the time to give me feedback.... I appreciate it greatly.
    3 Weeks Ago - Feb 2, 2015, 9:34 AM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #10

Your costume looks great man. I'm not sure about 501st standards but there are a few things you can do to take it to the next level. Like these guys said, a coat or two of Testors Dullcote can do wonders. Knocks off the sheen and will dull down the colors a little. I use it on almost everything. That stuff is great.

Also, you should notch out the trigger area of your holster, so your sidearm sits down lower in the holster. And while your at it might as well paint your sidearm a reddish brown color.

Everything else that these guys said is right on point. A few tweaks here and there and you'll be good for sure! You've made a great start.
  11. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    3 Weeks Ago - Feb 2, 2015, 11:03 AM - Re: ESB Fett build feedback #11

Thanks Matt...totally forgot about that darn trigger that was on my to do list