Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Subscribe
    Oct 3, 2013, 3:05 PM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #51

I'm still trying to find that metal aircraft exhaust clamp..... getting that shape down at the bottom is a bugger.....
    Oct 4, 2013, 8:48 PM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #52

wow. it's always worth stopping in from time to time
    Nov 7, 2013, 12:03 PM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #53

Glad to see this topic. About 4 years ago, I posted a computer mockup of what I thought they looked like. I asserted the center pole was round not square, and that the front mount was not all the way around. I did a workup that caused a **** storm. My final version is very similar to sidewinders, but I started with the post below, before going back to what was more 'widely' accepted.

http://www.starwarsuniverse.com/mounts.jpg

As always sidewinders look great.

The only thing I would like to add here is in one of the pictures of the rear mount, you can see circles/holes all the way around the mount. Either lending to injection holes or a metal clamp around it.

The photo came from Phillip Wise, but I do not know where it is now. But I am sure you could find it.
    Nov 9, 2013, 11:01 AM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #54

What photo is this? Is it one I am unlikely to have seen; a good image of the rear clip?
    Nov 13, 2013, 11:48 AM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #55

It was from a large print at phillip wise' house. I don't however see the holes in the bridge shot, the shot I worked off of looked like there was a metal ring clamp around the back clamp evenly spaced dimples/holes.

I would like to have a set of these pool clamps to use as a starting point to finish up my redo of my mounts before making new molds. Can anyone procure a set for me.
    Last edited by Stormrider; Nov 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM.
    Nov 13, 2013, 6:31 PM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #56

Nov 14, 2013, 10:42 AM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #57

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    It was from a large print at phillip wise' house. I don't however see the holes in the bridge shot, the shot I worked off of looked like there was a metal ring clamp around the back clamp evenly spaced dimples/holes.

I would like to have a set of these pool clamps to use as a starting point to finish up my redo of my mounts before making new molds. Can anyone procure a set for me.
    I can if you can wait until I get paid.
    Nov 18, 2013, 5:05 PM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #58

I will take you up on that if you give me a price etc intwenothor. Thanks.

Until then, I have dug out and played with my scope mounts for the new kit. I will post a pic tonight when I get some paint on them that is the right color.
  9. Member Since
    Dec 2003
    Nov 20, 2013, 8:31 AM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #59

looking forward to your WIP pics stormrider!

Markus
    Nov 21, 2013, 12:59 AM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #60

intwenothor:

Where can those clips be purchased? they look pretty close. They could certainly be modified. Easier to start w/ than a total scratch build.

SPY007
    Nov 22, 2013, 3:53 PM - Re: ESB EE3. Search for barrel mounts found parts discussion. #61

Maclow Clips from eBay.
    The Swimming pool pipe clip from UK Pool store. This is definitely the better of the two clips but unfortunately the smallest available size is the 1.5". That's the right size for the rear clip but obviously not for the front so the 1" Maclow is needed (with a lot of modifications). The Swimming pool clip is a lot slimmer than the Maclow. Difficult to explain but if you're holding them both in your hand the white clip is clearly a much nicer piece. So far as I know the UK Pool store do not ship internationally.

Swimming Pool Pipe Clip - Swimming Pool Fittings - Swimming Pool PVC Fittings

Quote SPY007 said: View Post
    intwenothor:

Where can those clips be purchased? they look pretty close. They could certainly be modified. Easier to start w/ than a total scratch build.

SPY007