Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ESB EE3 Breach Greeblie(s).

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

Re: ESB EE3 Breach Greeblie(s).

Make some copies too, Lou!

I'm agreeing 100% with the pulley wheel being too small. I thought so myself while building my kit and looking at the high res. pictures for the right positioning. This timer wheel looks like a very good match, even if they teeth of it isn't clearly visible. That could easily have been sanded away, or they are just too small to show up in the pictures.

Haha of course i would if we agreed its a better alternative to the pulley wheel. Which its looking like we are. intwenothor, i really think ya found somethin bud!

From
    England

Hmmm, looking at 'no connecting rod three' I believe that based on the size of that disc then the teeth cannot be removed or filed down, were that to happen then the disc would be too small again. Perhaps if the sausage holes are filled in then so are the gaps between teeth.
    Last edited by intwenothor; Sep 17, 2012 at 5:25 PM.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I've been thinking the same thing vis-a-vis the teeth. I could see wanting to get rid of anything that made it look like a gear, though it does seem odd to fill it in rather than file them. But there are certainly more bizarre things that were done.
    Last edited by Fettered; Sep 17, 2012 at 5:55 PM.

yea i agree...on both counts. Filling in the gaps between the teeth over filing them off.

From
    England

Do you agree with me that the PFH (part 107) is out?

100%. I never thought it was correct....just close. Even if part 43 isnt the correct part, it sure is alot closer than 107. But i for sure think 107 is incorrect.

From
    England

Well, I'm a 43 guy all the way; there are just too many similarities. I did consider whether it could be a part from a different model but I think not so far as I know these weapon props were put together by Bapty with not a great deal from LFL so I'm not inclined to start looking through the kits that were part bashed for spaceships because Bapty wouldn't have used them. I also have to think about how often parts from this kit surface on other props. They loved this V8, or the renwal version. The dimensions really are spot on and when I started looking at the raised section (the nipple as I call it) it ties up so completely that I'm sure. The only thing I'm not sure on is whether I need to modify it for use. I'm inclined not too as they don't seem to have elsewhere (feel free to correct) and any company relying so heavily on the same model don't seem the types to start making minute adjustments. I'll need to play around with it but this is the one for me. I'm also pretty sure that the disc at least is on both sides, in at least one photo a small circular section can be seen on the other side of the webley that definitely isn't the weBley so it looks to be symetrical.

I also found that looking at these pictures on different devices has helped. Sometimes it seems easier to make out the detail on a smartphone than a laptop
    Last edited by intwenothor; Sep 17, 2012 at 7:24 PM.

Makes sence. It may just be that we dont have any really really clear shots to see those teeth. So i guess 1 thing to think about is should the "sausage holes" and teeth be filled, just the slots, nothing? hmmm.

From
    England

Hmmmmmmm. Sausages....

intwenothor said: View Post
    Hmmmmmmm. Sausages....
    hahahaha

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I'm pretty much on-board with the piece not being 107 and think that 43 is a strong contender. I just don't see that piece of evidence that is conclusive enough to say "found!" But I'm talking about something that it is entirely possible may never happen.

From
    Salem, Oregon

The timing gear (with teeth removed) was mentioned to be a possible candidate awhile back (Boba Fett Blaster ESB)

But good to see it back up for discussion.

Seven said: View Post
    The timing gear (with teeth removed) was mentioned to be a possible candidate awhile back (Boba Fett Blaster ESB)

But good to see it back up for discussion.
    Ah yea, i see a little mention of it there. Honestly, looking at the pic posted there of that fan made blaster,that part looks even more convincing:

..plus its another source that seemed to think "43" was the right part

If the owner of this pic wants me to remove it i will. I just posted it here for members that arent on RPF.

What do you guys think...seeing it used here, with the teeth removed?

From
    Limerick, PA

You guys are definitely onto something. Another interesting point...whoever put the sideshow blaster together chose not to use the pulley but used a larger disk instead. Now this could be for any number of reasons, but you have to figure they would have had access to different reference photos than what we currently have.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    its another source that seemed to think "43" was the right part

What do you guys think...seeing it used here, with the teeth removed?
    Actually the OP in that post never said that. To the contrary he was intentionally mum on some things, and I think using part 43 was one of his main secrets that someone else then pointed out. But the OP never addressed it. It is entirely possible that he had some information that hasn't publicly surfaced and was given such in confidence. It happens. It is just as possible that he simply did the same type of research work that intwenothor has done and just wanted to keep it to himself.

If that is the part, his orientation seems to be off (look at the sausages!). Size wise it is a ringer, as intwenothor points out.

Fettered said: View Post
    Actually the OP in that post never said that. To the contrary he was intentionally mum on some things, and I think using part 43 was one of his main secrets that someone else then pointed out. But the OP never addressed it. It is entirely possible that he had some information that hasn't publicly surfaced and was given such in confidence. It happens. It is just as possible that he simply did the same type of research work that intwenothor has done and just wanted to keep it to himself.

If that is the part, his orientation seems to be off (look at the sausages!). Size wise it is a ringer, as intwenothor points out.
    Yes i know, Seven mentioned that. Im assuming he knows more about that post. Somewhere in that post someone said it was the crankshaft gear, as they mentioned it was the same part as on Bossk's gun. I think it is entirely possible that he just did research as intwenothor has. I just wanted to show the piece on the blaster painted, mounted and without teeth(assuming seven is correct with that point)

From
    England

I'm glad you did show it. That thing is a peach. Wonder why he didn't just tell everyone one what it was since it clearly is 43 without teeth?

So what are ya thinking about ti being without teeth? If it is infact, without the teeth, how does the size look to you? It looks almost dead on to me, but another set of eyes is a good thing lol

From
    England

Well, it's not a good enough photo to see whether he filled or filed but I think it appears to me more that he removed them as the impression I get of size is that it's smaller. He appears to have deliberately kept the photo poor to prevent easy identification which is a pity but then i was already sold so it matters not. By the way the second photo you posted in your first post back up the top is the photo that has made me believe that the disc is on both sides of the gun. It can just be seen peaking out! There is an HD grab in the gallery but I can't link it as I'm on a fiddle smart phone. Locitus posted a link in my 'Something very, very special' thread.

Edit: Sorry, I meant fettered posted the link. It's in post 24.

Yep def on both sides. Im pretty sold that you/we have the right part here for that disc.

From
    Florida Gulf Coast

I'm leaning that way too. I'm also leaning towards ground teeth, though it might be worthwhile to mock up a couple of plastic discs, one of the diameter to the teeth points and one to the diameter of the teeth valleys just to see what looks better before hacking away at a $59.99 part! LOL

Fettered said: View Post
    I'm leaning that way too. I'm also leaning towards ground teeth, though it might be worthwhile to mock up a couple of plastic discs, one of the diameter to the teeth points and one to the diameter of the teeth valleys just to see what looks better before hacking away at a $59.99 part! LOL
    LOL indeed!

From
    England

Only one 43 per kit.

yes i know. I think fettered meant to cut some scrap plastic to the size of the disc with and without the teeth for size mock up on the webley before any modification is done to the original part before taking a mold from it....i think...right fettered? lol