ESB EE-3 center stock greeblie..where did it come from?

ESB EE-3 center stock greeblie..where did it come from?

I cant remember for the life of me where the ESB center stock greeblie came from. Anyone remember? thanks!
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Oct 3, 2013 at 3:30 PM.

From
    Ireland

Re: ESB EE-3 center stock greeblie..whats the kit it came from?

Don't think that's ever been identified,was rumoured to be a reverese button off an old myford super 7 lathe,but I've looked through 100s of pics of all parts can't find any proof tho :-/

I figured it was discovered because the one Stormrider has is a dead on match. He's been hard to reach lately though.

From this pic we can see it pretty well

Here is a cropped shot of it, with stormriders in the insert

If anyone knows it would probably be SR. He had gave me the ok to cast a few of his back when i was building his kits for people in case i needed one. But i have since tossed that mold and sold all my molds to ASOK, and right now i need 4 of em for a couple of builds..but i also wanna start making the greeblies again so im searching for some of the parts...again lol ..this is the only one im not sure where it came from..i thought i knew at one point.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Sep 20, 2013 at 2:31 PM.

From
    Limerick, PA

I think Danzo is right. I don't believe that part has ever been identified. SR did an incredible job on his though. Looks just like it.

Nevermind! SR got back to me..his was custom made in CAD! Incredible job!

ah ya beat me to it Matt lol yep you guys are right!

I wonder what the heck it is! Now its gonna drive me nuts lol
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Sep 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM.

From
    Ireland

Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Nevermind! SR got back to me..his was custom made in CAD! Incredible job!

ah ya beat me to it Matt lol yep you guys are right!

I wonder what the heck it is! Now its gonna drive me nuts lol
    I still troll eBay and myford lathe forums from time to time hoping to see it,have all ee3 found parts apart from that and barrel mounts,so I know how you feel driveing me nuts..lol

From
    Galati, Romania

WoF already did some amazing templates of those parts; you can find the file here ==> ESB Stock Center Square Greeble Draft Drawings.

And another one made by Seven ==> Esb center greebile - Post #21

From
    England

DanzoFett said: View Post
    Don't think that's ever been identified,was rumoured to be a reverese button off an old myford super 7 lathe,but I've looked through 100s of pics of all parts can't find any proof tho :-/
    Glad I'm not the only lathe enthusiast on the boards. I've looked over a few and I can't find it either. Of course there are Myford Super Sevens and then there are Myford Super Sevens.

Seriously, it's a minefield.

I would LOVE to find this part, as would alot of us, but its gonna be a tough one. Guess im gonna become a Lathe enthusiast too lol

SR's was so good i actually thought it was a found part until he told me he actually made it in CAD lol. But reading the thread Raf posted..the one that ends with Sevens drawing..i see within that thread more about when SR started doing his. I must say, VERY nice work SR, you had me fooled lol.

Well SR will get me the 2 sets of his that i need, when hes up and running again (he said about 2 weeks or so) but from sevens drawings and the ref photo i will try and fabricate something so when i offer greeblie kits again it will be as close as i can get. I know someone with access to a super high end 3d printer..maybe they can make a master for me. Or i'll try to do it with thin layers of plastic..if i do that i'll post a thread for it. I just want to be able to offer a complete greeblie set with at least something that looks super close to the correct center greeblie. Or folks can always get one from SR.

From
    England

The problem with the super 7 is that there are several different models from introduction in 1953 so even assuming you were looking at A super 7 you might not be looking at the right super 7. It would be good to know where the super 7 info originated but SR pieces are excellent.

Yea i have no idea! But yea your right SR's are excellent!

From
    England

And they're expensive. I'm not buying one on the off chance!

intwenothor said: View Post
    And they're expensive. I'm not buying one on the off chance!
    Haha yea seriously! I bet even a non working one is still pricey! Plus do we even know for sure thats what it was? i cant even find a photo of a machine that has anything close on it.

From
    England

A good one is five to six thousand pounds. So I guess that's a lot more in dollars.

yes indeed!

One day someone will confirm it at the very least. Then someone will find one lol. If noone is 100% sure thats what it is, then its risky even thinkin about parting one of those machines for it. Im guessing, if in fact it is a switch/button for one of these, that the details we are looking at is on the underside of the button, which makes it even harder to find!

From
    England

Quite and there are something like ten model variations between 1953 and 1977 alone so if it is a Myford part it'll be tough to find.

From
    Indiana

Hey guys,

I'm finding that I have molds I didn't know I had. One thing that Bill and I never got to was for him to go through all of them and tell me what they were. I will be doing an inventory of all of them this week. If I run across anything that looks like it I will let you know.

Christy

Where did the Super7 theory itself originate?

SAS

From
    England

Sidewinder said: View Post
    Where did the Super7 theory itself originate?

SAS
    No idea but it's been out there a while. I'm pretty sure I first read it here: http:// http://bobafettcostuming.wik...B+EE-3+Carbine

But might be wrong and may have read it elsewhere as this site gets periodically edited and updated so it's tough to be sure as the information is different. It could have been from anywhere or any site. I'm sure I've read it here several times going back some while so it could have been on here too. Wherever it was it's never cited a source; kind like Keyser Sose - I know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy that worked with Keyser Sose etc.

I'm Keyser Sose blah.....
    Last edited by intwenothor; Sep 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM.

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

asok said: View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm finding that I have molds I didn't know I had. One thing that Bill and I never got to was for him to go through all of them and tell me what they were. I will be doing an inventory of all of them this week. If I run across anything that looks like it I will let you know.

Christy
    lol hope theyll help some people out Bill sent a set my way 2 weeks before he passed away.

From
    England

Dear Lathe enthusiasts,

in furtherance of this issue I contacted Myford about this part. The good news is that I did receive a reply (thanks to Jack @ Myford) rather than scorn or silence. The bad news is that the company that presently runs and owns Myford has only done so for two years and no - one really knows. I'm still in contact with Jack trying to draw out any further info he might have.

Additionally I decided to buy a modern reversing switch unit to see if it was an option. Inconclusive I am afraid. The overall size of the box is about right but the innards are not correct. However mine is a modern, plastic piece so I won't rule it out completely.

I am still trying to ascertain if a reversing switch of this kind was in existence or common use during our time frame. It would seem to me that a lathe of that period would most likely employ a 'Dewhurst switch' (I'm a riot at a party believe me) as is present on most devices of the time period. I've yet to obtain a Dewhurst switch to view the insides but am considering it although I think it unlikely the box is an inner part of one of those; if you know what a Dewhuart looks like you'll understand. I'm not giving up on this part yet and would rather take it to the natural conclusion even if it's a negative.

'Ave it!

Andy

IMO a definitive negative on this theory would be almost as good as a definitive positive result. Good on ya.

SAS

From
    Ireland

Lmao,I've also been in contact with a few guys,myfordboy@yahoo.co.uk,is the expert in this field he has the oldest model,but this part is not there but he's not sure about the later models...still waiting to here from another guy who myford boy recommended as he thinks that it could be imported from the U.S. Cus all parts where not made in the uk,Tony the other contact was unable to help at the present time,so don't think I'm gona here from him...lol

From
    England

Good work Darren, if I'd known you were looking at this I'd have asked your advice first. For me the key, as mentioned by SW earlier, is the origin of the Myford info in the first place.