Subscribe
  1. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Feb 24, 2010, 11:36 AM - ESB BRAIDS...Colors? #1

what are the colors for the braids? thanks!
    Last edited by FettDad; Feb 25, 2010 at 5:31 PM.
    Feb 25, 2010, 3:35 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...IS THE DARK ONE BLACK, OR BROWN? HELP! #2

Not very good reference on the ESB is there? My gut says black, but it's typically well hidden behind the gray and blonde braids.

3. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Feb 25, 2010, 3:37 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...IS THE DARK ONE BLACK, OR BROWN? HELP! #3

i know that Julie has them listed as the looped braid is black...i am going to go with black...=)
    Feb 25, 2010, 4:13 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...IS THE DARK ONE BLACK, OR BROWN? HELP! #4

This is the pic I used. the back sinew wraps are black so I would say that the hair is dark brown.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pw-fett-fullbody12-jpg  
    Feb 25, 2010, 8:41 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...Colors? #5

That pic is of a replica, though, and I wouldn't ever use another replica for reference. At best, it will be a replica of a replica (i.e. someone else's interpretation). And at worst it may be perpetuating a mistake. The Sideshow 1:1 bust is a perfect example. They have the MR pinch on the helmet because they replicated a replica.

No, always go with pictorial reference of the actual deal, even when it's not very good, and go with what you believe it looks like.
    Feb 25, 2010, 8:49 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...Colors? #6

If I'm not wrong it's the Jeremey Bulloch suit.
    Feb 25, 2010, 8:57 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...Colors? #7

Yes, I believe it is too.

Edit: I take that back. Since that has the Rebelscum stamp, I'm guessing it's Philip Wise's replica--very close to the replica made for Bulloch.
    Last edited by Slave I; Feb 25, 2010 at 9:10 PM.
    Feb 25, 2010, 9:26 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...Colors? #8

I thought it was the JB suit I see the stamp so which is it black or Dark brown? The wraps are visible right next to the hair and the hair isnt black so what to do go with top notch replica or guess at a color. what about this pic it has the wraps on
    the braid next to it and they are black and the braid to me is dark brown. the pic is best viewed in the gallery where it will zoom and the resolution is better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails still-06-jpg  
    Feb 25, 2010, 9:43 PM - Re: ESB BRAIDS...Colors? #9

woodman said: View Post
    The wraps are visible right next to the hair and the hair isnt black so what to do go with top notch replica or guess at a color. what about this pic it has the wraps on
    the braid next to it and they are black and the braid to me is dark brown.
    That still looks black to me. That pic also looks a bit lightened from what it would probably be naturally. If it's dark brown, it's so dark you could go with either. As for whether you should go with a top notch replica or guess at a color, that's pretty much what someone did to arrive at the color for that replica. I don't know, but in the past when I've trusted someone else's judgement I've been disappointed with the results of either color, texture, length, placement, whatever. I don't think there's one thing on my costume that I've left untouched from when I got it from anyone. That's why years ago I started making gloves. There just wasn't anything in the ballpark of being right. I had to make my own, but not based on other replicas. They would have still been way off.