I figure I've been around a while, yet never have posted any progress pictures.
So I've been working on my gauntlets and my bucket as I've acquired more parts. I thought I would show some of the gauntlet pictures. I've made a lot of personal modifications to these.
They are an older FP model. I'm a big guy, so I've had to "size" them for me. I was able to add a little more to the size (so it fit nice around my arms). I did it and had to remove a little of the wonderful FP accuracy. I left it so it can be removed (cut down) to the original size later if ever needed.
I decided to double hinge them after using velcro the first time around. I ended up liking the double hinge look.
I also decided to make all the greeble parts/details removable. Part of that decision was to ease the paint process (after working on my bucket for a while... I'm pretty much done masking if at all possible ). I also liked the idea of a little freedom if parts needed to be upgraded and or changed out later on.
If people are interested, I can show some of the removable greeble details later (paint is currently drying). The one I like the most are the darts... I made them into one removable piece that will screw onto the gauntlet, but whatever
So here I am...
Test fitting parts and finishing up sizing/details.
I then finished up sanding, smoothing, sanding, details, etc... and finally added primer. Here you can really start to see all the "holes" for the details...