Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

ESB Boba Fett costume upgrades. Latest upgrade: Remodeling the mannequin

Re: My ESB Boba Fett costume in progress of upgrade. Working on the helmet interior n

Another uprdade... Out with the Russrep machined toe spikes and in with four original Michell parts collected over the last few years. I still need to add the attachment screws but test fitting they look nice. Thanks to Sidewinder for performing the precarious task of cutting them down!

The reason they point out slightly is because of the inaccuracy of the boots and not the shape of the spikes.

From
    Florence, AL

Re: My ESB Boba Fett costume in progress of upgrade. Working on the helmet interior n

Looking really nice!

Toe spikes are done!

From
    NYC

very nice upgrades.
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you acquire the toe spike plate?

It's just a piece of off the shelf 15mm aluminium bar, bent into shape.

Truly amazing!! Now THATS a Fett!! Well done!

From
    Bath, South West, UK

Hi mate, how did you fit the chin strap?

I used most of the parts from the riot police helmet but modified or added some to make them more accurate.

Acrylic block upgrade to the range finder is in progress and I hope to have those upper visor tabs in place soon.

Also, I have another exciting original part upgrade coming...

Another original part upgrade, albeit a very small one!

From
    Dayton, Ohio

Re: My ESB Boba Fett costume in progress of upgrade. Left gauntlet detail added.

wow, very nice... where did you pick that bad boy up?

Re: My ESB Boba Fett costume in progress of upgrade. Left gauntlet detail added.

Everything looks great!!

From
    Tatooine

Nice.. aluminum or SS?

From
    Maracay Venezuela

Re: My ESB Boba Fett costume in progress of upgrade. Many 'found' parts.

Wonderfull work with the helmet!!!!!!!!!!level 1!!!!!!!!!!!congratulations!!!!!!! I like it!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I think the 'expanders' are nickel plated brass which caused reactions with some patients and may be why they were discontinued.

Re: ESB Boba Fett costume upgrades. Left gauntlet detail, new knee darts & shin tool

Installed the knee darts from dark-side today. They are far too long though so I either need to cut them down or make large holes in the knee armor to push them through.

Also got a vintage microphone for the right shin tool pocket (thanks Volker).

From
    Eastern Canada

Re: ESB Boba Fett costume upgrades. Left gauntlet detail, new knee darts & shin tool

jealousy. very awsome.

From
    Stockholm, Sweden

I've been watching this thread for some time, and I have the deepest respect for the work you've done on this. It's truly amazing. But on the knee launchers I think you just need to mount them "deeper" into the knee, rather than the alu pieces being to long.

From
    UK

Awesome build bud, I'd have to agree on the knee darts though? the knees look like BM's so just have to drill deeper holes...
    Nice touch with the microphone! it's on my list of things to get...

Thanks gents. The knees (and all the armor) is very old MLC stuff. Not very accurate but I just don't have the money to spend on proper armor and the paintjob again.

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Nice upgrades!

From
    The Netherlands

kurtyboy said: View Post
    Another original part upgrade, albeit a very small one!

That looks awesome. I really need to buy one of this quality. Making it myself is near impossible...

From
    Northeast U.S.A

Maybe our beloved Mojo will think about machining these?

Fett is getting some new gear soon! My last upgrade was about the smallest on the suit, the next is one of the BIGGEST! I can't wait...

New upgrade arrived. FP3 armor.

I love how much more form fitting it is than the old stuff

I have noticed one small problem. Could the side plates on the FP3 knee armor be too narrow? I am confident that the darts from Dark-Side are accurately sized. I had already scaled the darts myself using the original Michell part and a direct side on shot from MoM, and my dimensions were within a fraction of a millimeter of his. Yet the long darts are clearly a few mm too wide for the plate.

Last edited by kurtyboy; Jan 5, 2012 at 2:18 PM.