Subscribe
  1. 2 Days Ago - Jul 3, 2015, 4:32 AM - Electronics Help #1

Looking high and low to buy two items:
    A voice changing unit to use for a Boba Fett kit
    A sound and light FX unit for an EE-3 RotJ blaster
    I have looked into both Plecter Labs and Hyperdyne Labs and both are out of stock with no plans to make these available in the future.
    Help!!
    Ethan/MacFett
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Nov 2014
    1 Day Ago - Jul 3, 2015, 8:19 AM - Re: Electronics Help #2

For the voice change app use an iPhone or Android voice change app for 2$. Works on ipods as well. I have mine linked with an Aker and my cell so I can receive calls and talk to peeps.

For the ee3 there was a guy who did his ee3 before you could check on that. Another option is to buy the Hasbro toy gun and canabalize the parts.
    1 Day Ago - Jul 3, 2015, 5:53 PM - Re: Electronics Help #3

Many have had success with Voice Synth for the Iphone, although my personal experience has had too much of a delay between speaking and hearing it. I've yet to find a suitable voice changer for myself

I used the Hasbro as a base for my blaster and kept the parts; it's not great. A bit quiet and only one sound effect, but I kept it since it was better than nothing.
    1 Day Ago - Jul 3, 2015, 6:18 PM - Re: Electronics Help #4

If you can wait, I'd HIGHLY suggest the Blaster Core from Plecter Labs for your EE-3 light and sound. He only makes a batch about once a year but you will not find a better board. Fully customizable. Six blaster profile banks. Can power multiple LED's. So many bells and whistles (clip in/out feature, bargraph, weapon jam, etc.). Trust me, it's totally worth waiting for.
  6. Formerly saint nasty Mike M.'s Avatar
    1 Day Ago - Jul 3, 2015, 7:12 PM - Re: Electronics Help #5

I do a pretty good impression of Brecken Meyer, so I sound like Robot Chicken Boba Fett.
    1 Day Ago - Jul 3, 2015, 7:44 PM - Re: Electronics Help #6

Quote Jesuit24 said: View Post
    Many have had success with Voice Synth for the Iphone, although my personal experience has had too much of a delay between speaking and hearing it. I've yet to find a suitable voice changer for myself

I used the Hasbro as a base for my blaster and kept the parts; it's not great. A bit quiet and only one sound effect, but I kept it since it was better than nothing.
    Do you have the pro version? By clicking on the "background audio" option, it goes live while the phone is locked and does not have a delay.
  8. 1 Day Ago - Jul 4, 2015, 1:06 AM - Re: Electronics Help #7

As far as the voice changing apps utilizing an iPhone, which I have, are you using some kind of microphone plugged into the iPhone and then using the iPhone with the voice changing app as an amp with the iPhones volume turned up or what?
    1 Day Ago - Jul 4, 2015, 3:52 AM - Re: Electronics Help #8

The phone goes to a Y-splitter which has a mic on one end and an amplifier on the other.

Quote DeathProof said: View Post
    Do you have the pro version? By clicking on the "background audio" option, it goes live while the phone is locked and does not have a delay.
    Yeah, I'm using the pro version set to background audio. I still don't know why it doesn't work since I've seen a few videos of it working perfectly, including yours.
    22 Hours Ago - Jul 4, 2015, 9:19 AM - Re: Electronics Help #9

Quote Jesuit24 said: View Post
    Yeah, I'm using the pro version set to background audio. I still don't know why it doesn't work since I've seen a few videos of it working perfectly, including yours.
    Throw up a video if you get a chance and we'll work it out.