Subscribe
  1. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 6, 2015, 6:51 PM - EE-3 Carbine ROJ #1

    So i seen a few threads on building Fetts blaster

    I noticed a lot of people are using a "sidewinder kit" or "storm rider kit" i cant see any for sale in the cargo hold but i found this with google ( i am assuming its the same guy)

    sidwinderforge Page21

    The Kit from Sidewinder is 160 posted

    Or i could convert a hasbro one

    30 for gun
    30 for t track and bits
    Boba Fett ROTJ EE-3 Blaster Greeblie Set Rifle Stock T-Track Scope Blocks Barrel | eBay
    6.00 for the 4X 20 scope
    Sniper Air Rifle Airgun Gun Scope 4x20 Telescopic Sight Fitted 11mm Mounts Ring | eBay
    2 for piping so that i can extend the barrel length
    MDF wood i have at home
    Artist mixing pot for the barrel shroud i have

    so 68 roughly to make one myself that would have lights and sounds too
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. MLS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    398
    May 6, 2015, 6:55 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #2

    It can be done if youre on a budget I suppose. The full size ROTJ EE-3 is about 34", while the Hasbro is under 24". If youre going "budget Fett" I suppose it'll work, but if youre spending the money on a good fett, get a good blaster as well.
  4. syllander's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,286
    May 6, 2015, 7:10 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #3

    ^^^^^^^. No truer words have ever been spoken!
  5. MLS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    398
    May 6, 2015, 8:04 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #4

    Quote crimson said: View Post
    So i seen a few threads on building Fetts blaster

    I noticed a lot of people are using a "sidewinder kit" or "storm rider kit" i cant see any for sale in the cargo hold but i found this with google ( i am assuming its the same guy)

    sidwinderforge Page21

    The Kit from Sidewinder is 160 posted

    Or i could convert a hasbro one

    30 for gun
    30 for t track and bits
    Boba Fett ROTJ EE-3 Blaster Greeblie Set Rifle Stock T-Track Scope Blocks Barrel | eBay
    6.00 for the 4X 20 scope
    Sniper Air Rifle Airgun Gun Scope 4x20 Telescopic Sight Fitted 11mm Mounts Ring | eBay
    2 for piping so that i can extend the barrel length
    MDF wood i have at home
    Artist mixing pot for the barrel shroud i have

    so 68 roughly to make one myself that would have lights and sounds too

    Also, that rotj greeblie kit is mine and I didn't realize how incredibly outdated and in need of a new pic it is! lol
  6. Stormrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,355
    May 6, 2015, 8:20 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #5

    Mine are for sale also. Just ordered resin.
  7. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 7, 2015, 4:52 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #6

    Quote MLS said: View Post
    It can be done if youre on a budget I suppose. The full size ROTJ EE-3 is about 34", while the Hasbro is under 24". If youre going "budget Fett" I suppose it'll work, but if youre spending the money on a good fett, get a good blaster as well.
    i can add 2 inches on the barrel
    the paint dish and new flashhider gives me another inch

    i can add a few inches onto the stock

    i planned on using a toy revolver to expand the grip

    Quote syllander said: View Post
    ^^^^^^^. No truer words have ever been spoken!
    Quote MLS said: View Post
    Also, that rotj greeblie kit is mine and I didn't realize how incredibly outdated and in need of a new pic it is! lol

    great i was planning on buying your kit is it cheaper buying from you direct no paypal fees

    Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    Mine are for sale also. Just ordered resin.
    how much are your kits : do you have pictures ?
  8. MLS's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    398
    May 7, 2015, 5:17 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #7

    Direct is always cheaper. Shoot me a PM sometime today.
  9. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 7, 2015, 8:30 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #8

    Quote MLS said: View Post
    Direct is always cheaper. Shoot me a PM sometime today.

    PM sent

    Managed to get a sweet Hasbro blaster brand new for 20 posted



    For now i will have a budget blaster then when my entire kit is completed then i will upgrade to the kit
    Last edited by crimson; May 7, 2015 at 9:01 AM.
  10. Member Since
    May 2015
    Posts
    6
    May 7, 2015, 9:55 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #9

    Hey there Guys I'm really new to this , I'm doing a ROTJ Boba as my first build , I know crazy choice for a first one but am really keen and excited !
    I love the look of the sidewinder kits as I'm going for as realistic as possible , even though the Hasbro conversions look great I think I want the full size .
    If you have any advice on other EE-3 option it would be really appreciated
    Thanks heaps
  11. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 7, 2015, 11:29 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #10

    Quote sithwise said: View Post
    Hey there Guys I'm really new to this , I'm doing a ROTJ Boba as my first build , I know crazy choice for a first one but am really keen and excited !
    I love the look of the sidewinder kits as I'm going for as realistic as possible , even though the Hasbro conversions look great I think I want the full size .
    If you have any advice on other EE-3 option it would be really appreciated
    Thanks heaps
    From what i seen there are only 2 orginal makers of the kits MLS sells one and Stormwinder

    I am going to convert the hasbro because its much cheeper, i want to spend money on boba fett as the blaster is not part of the uniform, you can get 501 clearance without one.

    so i would rather spend that 100 on say something like a leather pouch. Once the costume is complete and all level 2 i will then replace the hasbro one with a sidewinder or stormrider kit
  12. May 8, 2015, 11:38 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #11

    "Stormwinder"
    The ultimate blaster kit!
  13. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 8, 2015, 6:57 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #12

    Quote RoboTarot said: View Post
    "Stormwinder"
    The ultimate blaster kit!
    Got pictures ?
  14. Matty Matt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    671
    May 8, 2015, 8:09 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #13

    Stormwinder, lol. The best of both worlds?
  15. Darth Voorhees's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,583
    May 8, 2015, 9:11 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #14

    oh boy lol.

    There is stormrider and sidewinder in additon to MLS lol. I suppose if you combine parts from a Stormrider and a sidewinder kit you'd have a Stormwinder!
  16. MrDickJones's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    443
    May 9, 2015, 10:44 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #15

    20150222_131742-jpgI used to have a 'stormwinder'. Stormrider rubber barrel and resin kit from Sidewinder...
  17. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 9, 2015, 9:46 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #16

    wow that blaster looks amazing !
  18. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 14, 2015, 6:35 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #17

    So heres my hasbro blaster:

    Man its Tiny !

    cut up:


    1.00 toy revolver
  19. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 14, 2015, 6:39 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #18





  20. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 14, 2015, 6:52 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #19

    Toy grip is tiny compared to RS






    I felt like it needed to be built larger:



    - - - Updated - - -

    Designed by freehand


    cut out


    - - - Updated - - -

    i made the corners rounded by sanding it down but then realised that its actually supposed to be square, so i will re make another tonight, also got the depth on the right hand side wrong

    since there is no pistol grip on this side

  21. Jesuit24's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    252
    May 14, 2015, 12:08 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #20

    It looks like you made the bracket out of MDF. I did the same and it may be an issue, depending on how heavy your stock is going to be since MDF isn't the strongest wood. Also, when making the new bracket, be aware of the reciever angle; from the last picture it looks when you hold your blaster straight, the receiver and barrel are going to be pointed downwards
  22. crimson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    119
    May 14, 2015, 12:43 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #21

    Quote Jesuit24 said: View Post
    It looks like you made the bracket out of MDF. I did the same and it may be an issue, depending on how heavy your stock is going to be since MDF isn't the strongest wood. Also, when making the new bracket, be aware of the reciever angle; from the last picture it looks when you hold your blaster straight, the receiver and barrel are going to be pointed downwards
    Thanks will make sure to remedy that on the next stock so I get the alignment spot on, this one was more of a tester

    MDF is very weak the bit that connects is only 1cm so you may be right looks like the stock break the bracket. If I drilled two holes and put screws through it would that be enough to strengthen it?

    i noticed some blasters have grips on both side, does the correct version only have one grip on the right side ?
  23. Jesuit24's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    252
    May 14, 2015, 1:29 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #22

    Yeah, the real blaster has only one grip on the right side. The other is just the flat bracket.

    I added two screws (opposed to the screen accurate one) to the bracket/handle just to keep the stock from rotating on that one screw. I had a real wood stock, so the back end was pretty weighty. I feel like it can hold the weight of the stock fine but if I I can feel it warp if I try bending the bracket sideways, so with enough side pressure, I'm sure it will snap (if I dropped it or fell on it, it would go, but I'm reasonably happy with it for general trooping). It just depends on if you are after peace of mind. Here's a link to where I started with my blaster build, hopefully it helps:

    http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/f20/s...tml#post649840
  24. Stormrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,355
    May 14, 2015, 2:41 PM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #23

    Three. Stormrider sidewinder and mls.
  25. Member Since
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Jul 2, 2015, 10:26 AM - Re: EE-3 Carbine ROJ #24

    Did you get it finished?

Similar Threads

  1. DIY ROJ EE3 Carbine
    By McIntosh Fett in forum Prop Building Workshop
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 9, 2009, 10:42 AM
  2. DIY ROJ EE3
    By McIntosh Fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Aug 4, 2009, 1:19 AM
  3. ROJ Gauntlet greeblies
    By Dexx in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 2, 2008, 1:17 PM
  4. EE-3 carbine rifle
    By Bets on Fett in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2008, 3:11 PM
  5. EE-3 Carbine modified-
    By cal196 in forum Boba Fett Costume
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 9, 2005, 3:28 PM