Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

eBay Sellers To Avoid

eBay Sellers To Avoid

After looking around a bit, I could not locate a thread of "Straight Shooters" Vs. "Bad Sellers." If there is one around here somewhere, please point me to it and delete this.

Anyway, I had a bad experience with an eBay seller and figured I might help inform potential bidders - man, do I wish I'd had such a resource available to me before I bought from this guy!

I also re-read the FAQ Guidelines before starting this thread and I don't believe I'm violating anything.

OK, so back in mid-March I bought a set of "Finished ESB Boba Fett Gauntlets" from eBay Seller Frank-N-Son-Part2. They didn't arrive until the second week of May. Granted, he's in the UK and I'm in Los Angeles, but that's still a LONG time.

What arrived was a crushed box, wrapped in a garbage bag with a name tag stuck to it. He said he was going to send the package with some sort of tracking info, but every time I asked him how I could track the package, he claimed his wife had posted the package and he didn't have the number with him. No surprise when the package arrived, it did not have any sort of tracking number on it.

The gauntlets themselves were not what was pictured in the auction. The paint job was a gloppy green mess with silver splotches. I thought I could just sand & repaint them, but then there was the problem of trying to get them to fit together. Nothing was aligned. For instance, I present to you the left gauntlet:

He suggested that I should squeeze the bottom portion hard and it would fit... all that accomplished was that the flamethrower parts popped off.

Finally, I tried to contact him after discussing the gauntlets with some other prop builders and they were of the opinion these were recast, hence the soft details. His reaction? No reply.

After a week of e-mails with no reply, I left him negative feedback to which he finally replied: with a nasty e-mail (claiming his wife read the e-mails I sent but did not know how to reply) and negative feedback for me. (That makes sense, right? He sends me crappy merchandise which means I deserve negative feedback?)

To wrap this up, I'd like to state that I have ordered new gauntlets from a reputable TDH member and hereby suggest you think twice before bidding on a Frank-N-Son-Part2 auction.

Meanwhile, how about a thread in the Cargo Hold where we can list people we've made deals with and give them the thumbs up? I've had some good experiences with darbycrash, OPPI, and Rimshot!

Good luck and be careful out there!

- Joe

From
    Dallas, Texas

Re: eBay Sellers To Avoid

yikes...sorry to hear about that...I will make a note of it though.

Thanks,

womo

Yikes .. those look like the gauntlets that I got for my birthday ( in kit form ) ... talk about ugly rubbish !!!! uke

I bought a kit from that guy some time ago now and I had the same problems, the clamshells just wouldn't fit together. It's pretty impossible to bend the shells to make them fit, as any sane person will know fibreglass doesn't exactly bend!

Dan

From
    Hitchins, KY (Don't feel bad...no one else has heard of it either...)

I have seen his auctions and have actually considered bidding on them before. Yet another instance where a TDH member has saved my wallet. Thanks for the head's up!

From
    Earth

Thats the left gauntlet? Whas with the hose connectors?

Thats the left gauntlet? Whas with the hose connectors?
    Both gauntlets have hose connectors. I figured I would cut this one off & bondo it, but considering there's nothing much I can do with these anyway, that's become a moot point.

I always thought it would make sense for this gauntlet to have a hose, tho... for the flamethrower fluid or something. Ah well.

I started a Good Trader / Seller list in the Cargo Hold - feel free to add the board names of people you've had good experiences with!

- Jow!

From
    AZ

Man that is the scary thing about ebay, ya just never know for sure what you are gonna get. I will say most people are pretty good but there are always those few out there.

From
    Helhoughton, UK...real place!!

God, i think i spoke to this bloke about some of his bf armour on ebay. Im so sorry you have had such a bad experience, cant beleve it + bad feedback!!!
    Well now people will no not 2 deal with this guy!! I cant beleve how bad the gauntlet is tho. I would be ashamed if i had sold and sent someone that!! what a nasty guy!!
    Hope you new gauntlets will be better!!

Z

From
    A SMALL PLANET CALLED CANVEY

i brought my gauntlets from this ebayer and had to modify the hell out of them but they arent too bad(uncrosses fingers) my problem is living in the uk and i needed a set of gauntlets quick.i did buy some bf armour from him but the less said about that the better.

I bought some GREAT QUALITY gauntlets from manowars studios, they came out really nice. I recommed him.

From
    Detroit, MI - The Home of Rock and Roll

I wish we had a list of bad buyers to avoid, so that we can cancel bids and get paid on our items in a timely manner. I would like to suggest ebay buyer Metalgreyfox, he refuesd to pay for my jet pack that he won in my auction that ended 10 days ago (My auctions clearly state payment is to be received within 5 days of auction's close). Oh, the things I wish I coulkd say without violating all of the rules on these boards ...

From
    Southern California

For Gauntlets I would check the Seller's feedback carefully,
    on page 3 of his feedback he had two negatives on Fett stuff:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...&iid=-1&de=off

After seeing that, I would not have bid on his items.

Account Deactivated

guys,

please do yourselves a favor. Get a set from "ruffkintoy"
    his are great. I've had 2 sets from him already, about to get a 3rd.
    (I built/painted/sold the first 2 while waiting several months for my SFP jumpsuit)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gaunts1-jpg   gaunts2-jpg  

I have been watching these forums for awhile while building my suit. Nothing real fancy, but satisfies my needs. I also purchased a set of gauntlets from this frank and sons. I guess you get what you pay for. The kit was only around 80-90 USD. I am sure the higher end kits are more expensive. Yes, I too had to get creative to get them to fit and the details are far from sharp. They are not the best, but they are also inexpensive. You may not be happy with them in the long run, so if you are picky...spend the extra dough.

Account Deactivated

Ruffkintoy's gauntlets run alittle about $125 US
    That's not much more, & the quality is top-notch.

From

mind you i brought my knee armour from him and on the plus it has metal darts which are a nice quality,shame about the knee armour.

From
    North Bay, Ontario

Brutal! Especially when sellers have pictures that are not of the product they are selling and don't advise you. The feedback is always a bit tricky. If the other person hasn't left you feedback then you risk getting bad feedback thrown back at you for reasons not your fault. You know you can respond to your negative feedback so others can see that you didn't deserve it..

From

and dont get me started about his flak jackets!!!!

We seem to have touched off a nerve in ya, English-Boba!

- Jow!

From

i must have paid less than half for the quality stuff i got afterwards

From

still live and let live

I think what bothered me more than the crappy merchandise was his attitude about the whole thing. All I did was ASK if I could have my money back. If he'd only replied with something like "hey, man - you've had the things for nearly a month, I'm sorry but no can do" I would have been fine with it. But instead I get:

"Lying git! I dont hire stuff, I sell it! Classic case of trying to con an honest seller! Just to let you know I've now blocked you from bidding on any more items."

Whoa. There's one heck of a threat, huh?

- Jow!

From

like youd want to bid on any more items???

From
    Kiel, Germany

Jep, bought my Jango's from him to when he was still selling under the name of "frank-n-son" only (i wouldn't be suprised that it was shut down due to the many negative responses from buyers, so his know since a couple of month as frank-n-son 2 (what ingenious creativity!)).
    Had the same problem with the shape and no accuracy at all. I took me a whole week (doing not much else) to bring them to the state that thea are in now.

Also I get to know his sloppy attitude to customers, as he should have included not only a sabredart but a grabbing hook too (which was missing of course) it took me 5!! months of emails and waiting to finally get that furter piece of crap (I mean the mainbody is quiet nice from alluminum but the wings are just a gag. It looks more like a Flash Gordon Rocket!).

But I was young then and hadn't got an idea that there was a miraculous forum out there, which could have saved me a lot of nerves.

So how about a good - bad sellers list, where you only state what happened without too many answers to it, so anyone hasn't got to read themselves through a couple of pages, but has gets all info at one look?

PS: I also noticed his blocking thread. After a fellow german mandalorian (admfrancis) ordered also a pair of Jango's and they were even worth than mine, he tried to get back his money for that crap (which he didn't get as you may guess). Shortly after that, he added a general note to his auctions that no german bidders were accepted!!! I'm wondring how that guy can still find anyone to buy from him?! But I guess it's mostly noobs like I was then who fall into his pit.
    Last edited by Wasp; Jun 7, 2005 at 9:57 AM.