Subscribe
    Jan 1, 2017, 2:24 PM - DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #1

Happy New year TDH!

I made these stencils to take the guesswork out of ROTJ jetpack paint ups for me when it comes to placement and sizing. They arent perfect, but they help with the basic shapes and placement for the main damage areas. Its not every little piece of damage on the entire pack, just the main damage on the front center strip, and the front of the fuel tank panels. I also did the "3" looking damage area on the lower left side of the pack. The rest of the damage can be easily achieved by hand just looking at reference photos.

These were made to work with my DVH jetpacks, but you can re-size/scale or skew them in photoshop or a similar program to get them to fit most any pack out there.

I recommend using these in conjunction with photo reference to get your pack as close as possible

They were made in photoshop to print on 8.5X11 standard printer paper. the center strip damage is separated into 2 parts (top and bottom) so they fit on 8.5X 11 paper. The top and bottom have overlap to make it easy to join them together.

The image here is just so you can see what they look like. click on the PDF files below to download the full size/high res files.

enjoy!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jan 1, 2017 at 9:10 PM.
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 1, 2017, 2:45 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #2

Lou, I wish these were available when I was painting my jet pack!! Awesome, and thanks! HNY!
    Jan 1, 2017, 3:19 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #3

Wow thank you so much for your generous work. These will come in handy sometime soon!
  5. Jan 1, 2017, 3:39 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #4

Just finished my pack yesterday, almost perfect timing haha!
    Jan 1, 2017, 4:46 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #5

Quote dv8r said: View Post
    Lou, I wish these were available when I was painting my jet pack!! Awesome, and thanks! HNY!
    ive been meaning to do these for a while, since im doing 4 packs currently i figured maybe now would be a good time lol

Quote le1120 said: View Post
    Wow thank you so much for your generous work. These will come in handy sometime soon!
    Awesome im glad they will be of use for ya!

Quote ZenixNet said: View Post
    Just finished my pack yesterday, almost perfect timing haha!
    LOL!
    Jan 1, 2017, 6:20 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #6

I did all of my ROTJ by freehand and best guess. These stencils would have been nice.

Good work
    Jan 1, 2017, 8:40 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #7

Very cool Lou! You should make some for the ESB jetpack too! Lots of people freehand and go by the reference pictures. Stencils always help!
    Jan 1, 2017, 9:09 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #8

Quote Mullreel said: View Post
    I did all of my ROTJ by freehand and best guess. These stencils would have been nice.

Good work
    Thanks man! I've been doing them free hand myself for a while as well. Since ive been trying to get all these finished packs done by doing more than one at a time, i thought id give these a shot. These were literally taken from a photo and manipulated, so they are very close. minor detail may have been lost in the process but i think they serve the purpose well

Quote rnbuda said: View Post
    Very cool Lou! You should make some for the ESB jetpack too! Lots of people freehand and go by the reference pictures. Stencils always help!
    Thanks bud!... The thought crossed my mine, but the ESB pack doesnt have "chips" and damage like the ROTJ..its more "wear" which works best drybrushing topically so i dont think i could really do stencils as theres really no "hard" lines on the damage.
    Jan 1, 2017, 9:16 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #9

Quote Darth Voorhees said: View Post
    Thanks bud!... The thought crossed my mine, but the ESB pack doesnt have "chips" and damage like the ROTJ..its more "wear" which works best drybrushing topically so i dont think i could really do stencils as theres really no "hard" lines on the damage.
    True, but it never hurts to help the new guys coming! The stencils help a lot!
    Jan 2, 2017, 4:46 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #10

Sthruth Lou these are awesome. a great initiative. well done
  12. Member Since
    Nov 2015
    Jan 3, 2017, 12:59 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #11

Amazing... Strong Work my friend. I will be doing my own JP paint-up soon and these will help a ton. THANK YOU and Happy New Year!
    Jan 6, 2017, 5:31 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #12

Will be using these for my next ROTJ pack. Where were these when I did my last one? lol

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk
  14. Member Since
    May 2016
    Jan 8, 2017, 1:43 PM - Re: DVH ROTJ jetpack damage stencils #13

your stuff is like the best ive seen out there, im looking forward to do business with you sometime.