Subscribe
  1. Jul 16, 2012, 11:13 PM - DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #1

Hey all! Apparently i just cant stop making Fett stuff! LOL!

While i cant really work on commissions during the week, i CAN cut up cardboard while watching TV. I printed out the WOF templates and modded them as i went along, to get the 10" length down to 9.5". I couldnt print them smaller as they would have become more narrow and the keypad wouldnt fit. So with a little hacking i think i have a good base. Like when i did my Fett helmet, i will work over this with bondo to get the correct shapes. It looks rough, and possibly a little off...but i think it will work well for what i need. All i needed was a good starting point Once i get it as close as i can to the screen used gauntlet, i will take an inexpensive mold off of them, and further refine it. Then i will make a final mold. .....and yes i do plan to offer these once they are done

My ultimate goal here is to build myself a ROTJ Fett out of parts i made myself, while at the same time, offering my work to all of you here at TDH I will make the gauntlets, and then a jetpack, and ultimately, some armor. Most of you have seen my helmet, it will get refined a bit more and will be offered again soon!

Anywho, keep an eye on this thread, i will update it as i go along. It may be a little slow going at times as i need to do my commission work as well but i will try and update this as often as i can.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jul 17, 2012 at 7:18 AM.
  2. Jul 19, 2012, 12:27 AM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #2

Got more of this bad boy done yesterday after work. Just layed down 2 layers of bondo and sanded with the sanding barrel on the dremel. Its really starting to take shape now. Obviously still needs work..but ill probably get this part done over the weekend, in between commission work

Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Jul 19, 2012 at 7:29 AM.
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 19, 2012, 4:37 AM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #3

Gotta love WOF, the public can now have the 3/4 scale jetpack I sculpted last year for the ladies and kiddies! Good luck with this project, I enjoyed building the JP for sure. Dont know whats next for me though.
  4. Jul 19, 2012, 7:36 AM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #4

Thanks F4R, seriously, i dont know how much longer it would have taken me to build these if i didnt have WOF templates to start from. Dont think id even attempt the jetpack without templates lol. WOF is an asset to this community for sure! This is super fun for me, and i cant wait to get to the right gaunt! LOL!
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 19, 2012, 7:55 AM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #5

Yeh, I built some female size gaunts also that stuff is awesome for sure...keep us up to date with this
    Jul 19, 2012, 11:43 AM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #6

Exciting times ahead!
    Jul 20, 2012, 6:00 PM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #7

This looks great. You're off to a very good start indeed.
    Jul 20, 2012, 6:15 PM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #8

Great start man, keep it up
  9. Jul 21, 2012, 12:54 AM - Re: DVH Fett gauntlet scratch build! #9

Thanks guys! i'll probably do a little more on these tomorrow!