Dust gathering

From
    Oslo, Norway

Dust gathering

I just painted my armor parts silver with my airbrush, but when I'm done I see that tiny dustparticles have stuck to the paint.

Do you guys do anything about this, or just live with it?

From
    Gothenburgh, Sweden

Re: Dust gathering

Hmm.. try mixing the paint with T-röd or similar. (if acrylics). The alcahol will make the water evaporate faster and hence.. the paint will dry faster too..

Also.. if it's not that much the next layer of paint will probably even out the paint job..

Other than that.. Have you tried cleaning the house?

From
    Middlesbrough UK

rofl boba swede

I noticed this when I repainted my TK bucket. Not so much with the colour bits but when I applied the clear coat/lacquer bit.

With more painting to do in the near future, I am wondering if I will have to build a little paint box to put my items in

Nate

From
    Oslo, Norway

Boba Swede said: View Post
    Hmm.. try mixing the paint with T-röd or similar. (if acrylics). The alcahol will make the water evaporate faster and hence.. the paint will dry faster too..

Also.. if it's not that much the next layer of paint will probably even out the paint job..

Other than that.. Have you tried cleaning the house?
    Andreas...if you'd met my wife, you'd know the house is sparkling clean. Hehe.

I'm using Humbrol enamel paints BTW.

I was thinking maybe using some 1200 (or finer grit) wetsanding on it, but I'm afraid that might just make it too dull. I might just try to live withn it, depends on how the next coats of green turn out though.

It's not much though, but you see it if you get close to it and it's fairly light in the room. My guess is that with all the layers going on it, it might get covered up. more or less.

The worst is getting the paint all applied and looking good,and a darn bug lands right on it.lolol...the hazards of outside painting.lol

I know exactly what you mean. The mosquitos love to do it when I'm done and clear coating.

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

put a plastic container over the object while it dries. The static electricity will grasp the dust before it gets to your prop.

From
    so. cal

Hang your pieces up. The dust settles on everything. That what I would do with my model cars.

From
    Gothenburgh, Sweden

GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    put a plastic container over the object while it dries. The static electricity will grasp the dust before it gets to your prop.
    That was a really uniqe idea.. might have to try that later... and for extra effect i'll rubb the cat against the container as well..

From
    Oslo, Norway

Oh, and another thing. I've tried searching, but without finding it. When doing the layers, do you skip the yellow and paint it with a brush after the green or do you also do a complete layer of yellow with masking etc?

cr4nky said: View Post
    Oh, and another thing. I've tried searching, but without finding it. When doing the layers, do you skip the yellow and paint it with a brush after the green or do you also do a complete layer of yellow with masking etc?
    It's whatever you want to do. People have done both... I do a full layer of yellow.

From
    Oslo, Norway

Ok. Thanks!

That´s what I initially thought about doing as well