Subscribe
    Jan 4, 2003, 4:27 AM - Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #1

I've seen some really nice ROTJ rifles and noticed a few had rifle straps attached to them. Did Boba Fett's ROTJ rifle really have the rifle strap?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Jan 4, 2003, 4:30 AM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #2

Nope, its only on the ESB rifle actually...
    Jan 4, 2003, 4:39 AM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #3

Ahh, thanks for the info!! Now I don't have to worry about the strap. No extra $$ to fork out too.
    Jan 4, 2003, 4:45 AM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #4

Ha ha ha... Gotcha!
  6. Boba Fett 1138
    Jan 13, 2003, 4:30 PM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #5

NOPE,...
    BUT I added one to mine
    damm thing gets HEAVY after wearing the suit for a few hrs.!
    My blaster is PVC ,cast resin, cast metal & wood.
    Not to mention the elecronics for lights & sound.
    besided the strap cost me a whole $5 .
    an amount that any decent bounty hunter should be able to afford

Max
    Jan 13, 2003, 4:36 PM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #6

Yeah, but how do you attach it?

I've been wanting to attach a strap to mine for a long time now.

How did you attach your's?

Jan 14, 2003, 3:03 AM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #7

I actually just pulled the strap mounts off a air soft replica gun so that they looked as authentic as possible!
    Jan 14, 2003, 11:48 AM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #8

I've got a strap on my ROTJ rifle. It makes it a little easier at conventions when you're out shopping.

I found some gun strap mounts at Wal-Mart, I think the brand name is Uncle Mike's, about ten bucks. I attached one at the very lower corner of my stock and the other to the underside of my barrel, about five inches back. I used an old leather strap from an un-used camera case. Works great.
    Jan 19, 2003, 10:52 PM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #9

I found the mounts AND the strap on clearance at Walmart. Got them both for about $8.00! Forgot the brand, but they're made for rifles (this company also makes shotgun mounts and straps).

The strap mounts are designed to be screwed into wood. My blaster is resin & PVC. I drilled a pilot hole that was just slightly smaller than the threads on the mounts, and screwed them in. No problem at all!

The mounts are spring-loaded, and the strap comes off in a snap. I rarely use the strap, to try and keep as much "authenticity" as I can, but sometimes it comes in handy (and the public doesn't know WHICH blaster had a strap on it or not!).

Feb 11, 2003, 5:40 PM - Re: Does the ROTJ rifle really have a strap attached to it? #10

Hey, how did you do to install the light effect on the blaster and from who did you get the blaster from? Interesting pic of it. It adds a little "realism-functionality" to the weapon!