Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:23 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #76

For all we know his mother could have died. I certainly would have stopped answering things if that happened. and I would have left the money sitting there too so paypal could get it back.

but he was banned on a nonperm. status for a while, he ended up with a total ban because of things said via PM to command staff, it says so in the reason that was posted, so it doesnt look like he'll be allowed to come back.

would I buy from Butters if he came back? only if he sent me the stuff first , lol.

should he be banned too? maybe he should be banned from selling like cookie was, but he didnt curse and be disrespectful to members and admin.
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:31 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #77

I agree with WOlfie.

HE was being pretty "tooly" about his situation.

Its bad to air so much dirty laundry in public.

In the end he got his money back good for him!
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:40 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #78

Quote WOlfie said: View Post
    For all we know his mother could have died. I certainly would have stopped answering things if that happened. and I would have left the money sitting there too so paypal could get it back.
    Butter's didn't have time to answer PM's but he had time to surf TDH??

Oh please...
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:55 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #79

I sit aimlessly on the computer when depressed.

*shrug*

I ignore emails and PMs then also. and depending on what the PMs said (IE if they were jumping down my throat) I wouldnt answer them for sure. Butters should have shipped the stuff. Or admitted he sold it for higher or on ebay instead if he did something like that... Butters was wrong too... but we dont know everything is all.

we do know how DS decided to deal with things though.
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:02 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #80

Quote WOlfie said: View Post
    should he be banned too? maybe he should be banned from selling like cookie was, but he didnt curse and be disrespectful to members and admin.
    Good point..

I'll remember to be "respectful" if I ever decide to scam people here...
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:15 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #81

Ripcode has great stuff when its up in the cargo bay. Scam Away my friend Scam Away!
    Feb 21, 2008, 11:35 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #82

Quote MediaGuyPJ said: View Post
    Ripcode has great stuff when its up in the cargo bay. Scam Away my friend Scam Away!
    Feb 21, 2008, 1:00 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #83

Quote Ripcode said: View Post
    Good point..

I'll remember to be "respectful" if I ever decide to scam people here...

sounds good to me :P

i've had to take two weeks to ship things before due to personal things happening. and if someone had jumped on me like that I would have let them get their money back. granted i would have sent it back instead of letting paypal take it... but as cheap as he was selling it, he was A: scamming or B: had a personal thing for why he had to sell quickly.

I just dont like things getting ugly with out both sides of things. I'd feel kinda bad if I found out later that I had called someone names for not being quick about stuff , that something tragic had happened.

but more than likely , nothing happened it it was a lame transaction. even lamer since he didnt even scam properly and left the money in paypal lol.

but like I said earlier, i'm glad he got his money back.
    Feb 21, 2008, 1:46 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #84

Wow,

seems like i've missed a lot over the past few days

I need to stop skimming and start reading.

That's too bad it had to end in a ban like that.
    Feb 21, 2008, 2:08 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #85

When I buy, I send it _right_ then. When I sell, I ship it right then.

But everyone is NOT me. And $20 to me means a totally different thing to my son, and to my father.

For my son, its a months worth, and losing it would make him flip out, do wierd things, and act wierd. My dad, would hope that someone that needed it found it. if he noticed.

My point: You can not argue with the way someone feels or things, because its subjective. While I cant condone some of these actions, I am not judgemental either. I try to look at it like this.

If he was in a serious car crash, or lost a loved one, how would I feel?

Therefor I always reserve judgement.

So for butters, you never know what happened. For devilstar, I do not know if hes more like my son, or my dad. I can not begin to tell you how he felt, how long he saved, or how many people egged him on with 'you got scammed'.

You push someone far enough they act wierd. But since I do not know both stories I assume the truth is somewhere in the middle.

But then again I think mike tyson was innocent (some of the time) too.

as a side note, its VERY hard to put 'inflection' into someones 'typing'.

Some people are very poor at expressing themselves in text. Some people always read things as pesamistic or condescending. Some people couldnt catch a hint in text, if someone hit them with the book it was written in.

So in short. I have no opinion, but really wanted to see if anyone would read this far

Ciao,
    SR
    Feb 21, 2008, 2:13 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #86

Oh, I read that far ... and the first thing that hits me about you is this ...

You are a seriously observant, wise man. Maybe even a student of human nature. Props to you buddy - that is some seriously good "voice of reason" you've got going there, and people should read it, and get something from it.

FP
    Feb 21, 2008, 2:19 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #87

Quote fettpride said: View Post
    Oh, I read that far ... and the first thing that hits me about you is this ...

You are a seriously observant, wise man. Maybe even a student of human nature. Props to you buddy - that is some seriously good "voice of reason" you've got going there, and people should read it, and get something from it.

FP
    agreed!! excellent voice of reason. more people should be that way

unfortunately rules of the forum say no flipping out on people and cursing at them so it ended in a ban. this is a pretty strict forum about things.
    Feb 21, 2008, 6:00 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #88

I totally agree with Stormrider. I did however feel slightly disrespected by DS. We were all offering help and suggestions. Heck, even Taco offered to help him with the cost of postage to get his stuff fixed. Wickedbeard offered to step up and help too. I was impressed with the love shown by members who had no financial interest in helping, but offered anyway. Thank you guys/gals for being the class acts that you are! Jason
  14. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Feb 21, 2008, 7:02 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #89

Cjake, would you be interested in charity in that frame of mind? I would not, no matter how good the intentions.

As for butters, maybe the scam was always intended to be whoever the paypal account belonged to. I am sure I read it was his room mates, if that is true, and something here must be, that guy is down around $500. This may explain why the money was still there.

There are a million what if's here, but the bottom line is, a liked member has been pushed to his breaking point and this has resulted in the loss of his access to spend time here, talking with other like minded people, some of which he probably feels let down by.

I am not saying he should be excused for his behaviour and disrespect, just a shame it came to this. I hope some day to see him back if the situation allows.
  15. Admin Staff obi sean kenobi's Avatar
    Feb 21, 2008, 7:23 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #90

The user "Butters" has been banned due to entering into allegedly fraudulent transactions in the Cargo Hold.
    Butters has been given 48 hours to explain the transaction and provide a good faith basis for his failure to ship merchandise.
    If Butters does not produce said good faith basis, he will be permanently banned.

OSK
  16. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 21, 2008, 9:23 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #91

Excellent!! Well put Stormrider!