Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Feb 15, 2008, 9:27 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #51

Quote WOlfie said: View Post
    not saying that happened here, as it seems obvious DS had a bunch of people in the same boat as him with that particular seller...
    that is the part that I think shouldn't have gone ignored. MOW really had no response to any of the comments about consistency in his product and I'm sure everyone would have liked to hear his side of the story.

Unfortunately, I think with Devil's ban the message that came across was that negative comments towards sellers were not allowed or not taken seriously.

and to take it a bit further, I know this is more of an independent market and not big box retailers, but why shouldn't we expect great service from TDH sellers?

I mean aren't we all here to help each other out anyways? I mean i'm sure every seller likes to make profit on their work, but if we're really thinking about money wouldn't it have been better to just replace the gauntlet for Devil?

Devil probably would have just started a thread, like most members do, commenting on how accommodating MOW was in the transaction and how no one should hesitate to buy from him? Even from a business standpoint it makes more sense. All it really turned into was people telling him that he should have bought from Wickedbeard or that they had similar problems with MOW's product.
    Last edited by Clan_Skirata; Feb 15, 2008 at 9:32 PM.
    Feb 15, 2008, 9:42 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #52

Quote Ripcode said: View Post
    Why *shouldn't* we??

because the sellers are under no *obigation* to provide it.

i guess i overly simplified that... it would be nice if we could expect it, but it's the seller's call whether they provide it or not.

i've bought stuff from awesome people and **** people. i tell folks my experiences as they happen, and leave it at that.

this isn't the first time that mow has been called out on support issues. when i've been asked about him, i say that his stuff is great when it comes all correct, but if you have an issue, his support is lackluster.

just like durasteel/partsandtechnical.com... HUGE pain to deal with, but awesome awesome stuff when you finally get it.

so i don't want it to seem that i'm defending mow or anything.

i'm just saying that i'm never surprised when someone stinks to deal with. when someone IS great to deal with, it's a great thing, but i don't expect it.

maybe it's just a cynical attitude, but i almost expect to NOT get what i paid for most of the time.
    Feb 15, 2008, 10:57 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #53

Quote Clan_Skirata said: View Post

Unfortunately, I think with Devil's ban the message that came across was that negative comments towards sellers were not allowed or not taken seriously.
    i'd like to take this opportunity to speak to the above issue, as it simply is not the case.

Devilstar was initially banned because of the manner within which he chose to handle the situation with MOW. As I stated to Devilstar, I was sympathetic to his situation, and especially in light of the fact that he had so recently been taken advantage of, sadly, by "Butters". Devilstar violated the CoC through the repeated and pervasive use of profanity and through a lack of respect for the members and admins of this forum. It was not the fact that Devilstaf was dissatisfied with a Seller, that is your perogative, however, it was the manner within which he chose to express his dissatisfaction, i.e. the use of profanity, etc.

It is not our intent to curb discussion of available Fett parts and makers, quite the converse. However, as with any topic to be discussed herein, the discussion must be consistent with our CoC. Simply stated, while its ok to be frustrated, and, yes, even angry on occasions, there are ways to express that in a manner that is mature, and, moreover, within the confines of the CoC.

Devilstar's ban was made permanent due to a completely unrepentant attitude and further transgressions in private conversations with the Admins. It was unfortunate, mostly because it was completely avoidable. It certainly was not the outcome we wanted, but it was the path he chose for himself. To that end, we wish him the best in his future endeavors.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Regards,
    OSK
    Feb 16, 2008, 12:04 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #54

I think DS did take the matter a little over the top, and I do feel sorry for him. OSK is right in the fact that Devilstar could have expressed his anger / disappointment in a more suitable way, and it's too bad that it ended this way.

Thanks for clearing up the whole issue OSK.

-Naas
    Feb 16, 2008, 12:43 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #55

Quote obi sean kenobi said: View Post
    i'd like to take this opportunity to speak to the above issue, as it simply is not the case.
    Oh I do understand, that he was not banned for voicing his disapproval, but more certain ways he chose to say things.

The point I did wish to address, was how much were the MOW accusations looked into. I'm sure that all the mods discussed on how to punish Devil, but did anyone follow up on any of the concerns brought up about MOW's product?

I know admins don't wish to spend their whole time policing the cargo hold, but if there is shoddy product being pushed on TDH, then you would be a little concerned right?

MOW's product always seemed tip-top and I haven't ever owned one of his pieces, but I just think its a little odd that Devil got the banned stamp, and the whole topic of the argument was kinda pushed aside. Just doesn't seem case closed to me
    Feb 16, 2008, 2:01 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #56

What is Butters' status? Is he still an active member here?
    Feb 16, 2008, 1:17 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #57

still a registered member here.
    Feb 16, 2008, 1:33 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #58

Quote tk7602 said: View Post
    so i don't want it to seem that i'm defending mow or anything.

i'm just saying that i'm never surprised when someone stinks to deal with. when someone IS great to deal with, it's a great thing, but i don't expect it.

maybe it's just a cynical attitude, but i almost expect to NOT get what i paid for most of the time.
    OK. Now I understand where you are coming from Brian. Thanks for taking the time to explain that!
    Feb 19, 2008, 9:59 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #59

All,

I got this news from Shawn today!

Quote Devilstar2k2 said: View Post
    Paypal was able to recover $543 out of $560. Due back on my credit in 5 days. I guess there is SOME justice in this world.
    Feb 19, 2008, 10:07 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #60

even though he was a bit harsh on here, it's still good to know that he got all but 17 bucks back. good for him. I never would want someone to get scammed like that.
    Feb 19, 2008, 11:07 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #61

This was so unfortunate. That thread was going downhill quickly and suddenly jumped to light speed. I am glad he got most of his money back. I wonder what will happen with Butters?
    Feb 19, 2008, 11:15 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #62

good to hear he got his funds back
  13. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 3:42 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #63

That is a tough break for Devilstar, he had been a member here for a while too. Now He got some money and I am sure he has had time to reflect, is there no way he would be allowed to come back? I understand the scammer was not the reason for his ban but it is clear it played a big part in it.

Glad to here he got most of the money back, a lesson learned for all of us.

Best wishes Devilstar, hope to see you around some time bro.
  14. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 12:13 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #64

I'm glad to see he got his money back His downfall however was unfortunate.
  15. Feb 20, 2008, 12:46 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #65

Well, it's good he got some back. He seemed like a pretty cool guy all the times I've seen him or dealt with him in other threads.
  16. Feb 20, 2008, 4:29 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #66

so...what's gonna happen to butters?
  17. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 4:43 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #67

I doubt "Butters" will post again any way.
    Feb 20, 2008, 5:33 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #68

Quote old_jedi_mind_trick said: View Post
    That is a tough break for Devilstar, he had been a member here for a while too. Now He got some money and I am sure he has had time to reflect, is there no way he would be allowed to come back? I understand the scammer was not the reason for his ban but it is clear it played a big part in it.
    I agree. I'd love to have devil back 8)
    Feb 20, 2008, 8:13 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #69

Quote silver n black trooper said: View Post
    Curious about this myself.
    Feb 20, 2008, 9:57 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #70

Quote silver n black trooper said: View Post
    Probably nothing....
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 10:39 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #71

For all we know, Butters did nothing wrong. Perhaps Butters was having some sort of problem that can not be explained at the immediate time; not trying to spark up any debate, but just pointing it out. Also the $17 that Devilstar2k2 did not receive seems to be the PayPal fees from the money he sent if my calculations are correct.

If Butters intended to steal Shawn's money, why would it still be in his PayPal account 2-4 weeks later?
    Feb 20, 2008, 11:09 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #72

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    For all we know, Butters did nothing wrong. Perhaps Butters was having some sort of problem that can not be explained at the immediate time; not trying to spark up any debate, but just pointing it out. Also the $17 that Devilstar2k2 did not receive seems to be the PayPal fees from the money he sent if my calculations are correct.

If Butters intended to steal Shawn's money, why would it still be in his PayPal account 2-4 weeks later?
    Intersting point. If I was the type to rip somebody off like that, I sure wouldn'y leave the money in the account.
  23. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 20, 2008, 11:18 PM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #73

I'm not trying to take Butters off of the hook here, he was acting extremely shady with his dealings with Shawn, also not to mention his complete ignorance of PMs here on TDH and on the RPF.
    Feb 21, 2008, 9:24 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #74

Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    So the next time Butter' offers something up for sale, are you sending him any money??
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Feb 21, 2008, 10:01 AM - Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM? #75

Quote Ripcode said: View Post
    So the next time Butter' offers something up for sale, are you sending him any money??
    Definitely not. I don't trust him.