Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM?

From
    Madrid, Spain

Re: Does anyone recognize this suit/pics? SCAM?

Sorry to hear that.....

Good Luck

Alfredo

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

Devilstar2k2 said: View Post
    I just called Mastercard... They need me to fill out a form and fax it in. :sigh:

What I really want to happen is for the stuff to show up on my door step, and then I can look like a jerk... A jerk that got a good deal on some stuff... lol... Such a pain dealing with this ****. I knew it stunk when I bought it, but it was a great 'deal', and the guys story kind of checked out. I mean, theres no way that he'd get away with it if I pressed criminal or civil charges, so I don't understand whats going on in his head. Seriously, it'd be two felony counts. Lets hope for his sake that I recover every dime; otherwise, I will press charges.

Thieves suck.
    You can escalate the claim with PayPal so you do not have to wait the (10?) days or whatever.

PayPal will only give you what he has in his account. If his account is empty... you get NADA!

"IF" PayPal returns only a portion of or none at all, get the Dispute rolling with your credit card. It is easy to do.

As Foxbatkllr said, your CC will get your money back. I've had to do it and got the money back no problem. And yes, use it sparingly. If you file too many chargebacks PayPal will close YOUR account!

ALWAYS fund PayPal payments with a credit card! Doing it that way gives you "Real" protection!

From
    Pennsylvania

I called the cc company and they said they would email me the form... But I never got it... So... I have to call them again.

From
    Newport News, VA

Yikes! What happened with Devilstar??

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

superjedi said: View Post
    Yikes! What happened with Devilstar??
    I'm guessing it was the MOW Gauntlet thread from yesterday....

Yeah, he said some pretty nasty things (swearing like a preacher for lack of a better term) to members, as well as TDH

FP

From
    Irvine, CA

Dang...I missed the conclusion of that thread. I stopped posting in it after it was clear I wasn't telling him what he wanted to hear. I was trying to be reasonable and objective. Oh well.

From
    Partille, Sweden

i somehow had a feeling it would end up like this

I know I was reading that thing all afternoon! Then Poof it was gone!

Oh well.

Hope he gets what he wants.

From
    SJ, CA

I've dealt with Devil a few times, and he has always been helpful, patient, and informative. I'm sorry to see that he is gone. What can you do, he had been taken for quite a bit of money and wasn't happy with the quality of an item he received. It's unfortunate that it snow balled the way it did.

From
    South Elgin, IL

I stopped reading yesterday around 5ish. I kept seeing a new post like every few min. and didn't bother reading any more. what was he saying? I mean, i saw where he was coming from, but i wouldn't have made such a fuss about it. what got him banned?

Vable Boba said: View Post
    I stopped reading yesterday around 5ish. I kept seeing a new post like every few min. and didn't bother reading any more. what was he saying? I mean, i saw where he was coming from, but i wouldn't have made such a fuss about it. what got him banned?
    yeah I gave up on reading it/trying to help too.

alls I was trying to do was tell him a way we fix stuff around here in similar shape just in case he didnt get a replacement... so he could fix and maybe throw on ebay :/

but he turns into just attacking people trying to help so screw it.

yeah he's spent a lot of money recently... but honestly 400.00 for gauntlets that arent metal is a bit high anyway if he was as tight on money as he says. alas.

I feel for the guy, but he's been a bit of a jerk in a lot of the posts he's in lately. quick to hash things out on people in public and attack innocent by-posters just cause he's angry

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

WOlfie said: View Post
    I feel for the guy, but he's been a bit of a jerk in a lot of the posts he's in lately. quick to hash things out on people in public and attack innocent by-posters just cause he's angry
    Umm... not cool, since he can't respond..

Ripcode said: View Post
    Umm... not cool, since he can't respond..
    sorry, and the post he did it in is gone too, so you're right, not fair.

banned for it is punishment enough.

From
    Mt.Vision,NY U.S.A

What did he do to get banned ?
    all I've seen was expected venting...

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

thundrkiss said: View Post
    What did he do to get banned ?
    all I've seen was expected venting...
    I thought the staff makes an announcement when someone is banned and tells why?

I haven't seen anything yet.

From
    Pekin, IL

The reason is posted now and it's only a 7 day ban

From
    PA

Not that I amount to a hill of beans on here, I just lurk a lot, but I personally know devil and yes he has spent a load of money on Boba gear recently. His financial situation gives him one time a year to spend money on the things he wants and that is tax time.

yeah he's spent a lot of money recently... but honestly 400.00 for gauntlets that arent metal is a bit high anyway if he was as tight on money as he says. alas.
    He had heard that they where great from many people so he gave them a chance and other than the major crack he liked them and was just asking for an undamaged piece, much like you would do if you went to a store and bought something for a large amount of money, just to find when you got it home that it was broken. Everyone of us would take it back to the store to get it replaced not fixed but replaced.

He had been ripped off of $500 from butters and to his mind $400 again with the gauntlets, where the damage is on them would be very hard to fix if at all possible and paying $400 for them he had expected to be able to use them.

I know of many things he has bought to almost complete a boba or jango tax time after tax time just to turn around and sell them because he needed money, if someone had an issue with what he sold them he ALWAYS took care of it. Even though he does nothing more than paint a lot of the items he bends over backward to help his "customer" and just expected the same in return.

Anyway in a 2 week period of time he is out (or could be considered out) $900 I think that would upset alot of people, did he get hot headed, yes he did, did he deserve a ban according to the rules of TDH , yes and he is serving it without much of a complaint but take a moment and look at it from where he was coming from 2 weeks almost $3000 in Boba parts from the community here, of which $900 was lost. He was told by many members to suck it up and consider it a lesson learned. OUCH tough lesson.

Ok back to your normally scheduled bounties and BTW I love TDH even if I don't post much.

From
    San Antonio Texas

No one told him to suck it up. I know I read the whole thing. Members gave him options and sugguestions. I never once read anything that sounded like, Too Bad so Sad..
    Last edited by 99centTaco; Feb 15, 2008 at 1:01 PM.

tazrob, not to get into the same argument with you as it was headed with Devil, but the issue was, a bunch of us were trying to help him, assuming he COULDNT get a replacement. we all wanted him to be able to get his money back... but if he couldnt, we were offering solutions to help him maybe fix the crack then sell the gauntlets to get some of his money back. we didnt so much want him to suck it up, well, not I, I just wanted him to have an option of getting 300-350 of his money back by ebay.

if you are in this long enough you lost money somewhere. its unfortunate but it happens to a lot of us the issue was he cursed at and disrespected folk only wanting to help him if he got stuck with the gauntlets with no refund. and to encourage him to try sending them back for the fix that was offered.

as for the money thing, i too have little to throw around. other than the Kids around here, I probably make less than everyone else. which is why i have to look hard at what I buy and why I went with the gauntlets I did that look darn good for 1/4 MoW especially after digging around to see I wasnt that thrilled with MoW for the price.

I still hope he's able to get something out of it... as I posted in that thread, there are a LOT of people selling stuff waaaay overpriced who dont care about their work now-a-days or their costumers. see us as a meal ticket, cause those who have huge disposable incomes can throw money at them it really really sucks.

From
    PA

I am not here to argue with anyone, Its all good I just did not want to see a lynch mob develop AGAIN, lol. Taco you still working on Jedi belts?

tazrob said: View Post
    He had heard that they where great from many people so he gave them a chance and other than the major crack he liked them and was just asking for an undamaged piece, much like you would do if you went to a store and bought something for a large amount of money, just to find when you got it home that it was broken. Everyone of us would take it back to the store to get it replaced not fixed but replaced.
    I think this is actually a really important thing that not a lot of folks think about...

We're used to that mentality. We buy something at Target, it's busted, we bring it back, and all is well.

The thing to remember is that while it's cool when a hobbyist does that, it's not really *required* of them, since there are no rules to govern our illegal passtime. Word of mouth / reputation is really the only governance.

We *expect* that level of service, but really shouldn't.

To that end, I'm really clear about things when I sell stuff that I make. As-is, final sale, no returns, if you're not happy sell it to someone else, but I don't want it back. If people don't want to buy from me, that's fine.

Anyway, I think it's a good lesson to us all that we need to remember that the established framework of retail sales does not necessarily apply in the hobby realm.

and generally, large ticket items, if opened, you dont get a new one, you have to send it back to be fixed. happened with x-boxes recently. you send it in to get it fixed, they didnt always send ya a new one. sometimes the retail store you bought it at will take it back, but not always. especially with electronics.

I still hope Devil sends it back and gets them fixed or is able to resell them.

From
    Muskegon, Michigan

tk7602 said: View Post
    We *expect* that level of service, but really shouldn't.
    Why *shouldn't* we??

as a seller, I'd be worried someone would have decided they didnt want the item, or found a cheaper option, and is breaking it on purpose to get a refund.

not saying that happened here, as it seems obvious DS had a bunch of people in the same boat as him with that particular seller...

but thats why I never got into large expensive things, I only make small things and cloth things, mostly Rebel costumes. as if someone decides they dont want it, its not gonna be broken and sent back to me. and I generally dont make a large profit anyway.

I think we should be able to get that level of service for props, but I certainly dont expect it anymore which is why i take a long time before I trust a seller. *shrug*

both sides of our hobby is a bit dangerous unfortunately