Subscribe
    May 12, 2005, 11:08 PM - does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #1

Does anyone know the sizes of the shin tools, or have blueprints or dimentions. I've found sizes for the survival knife but nothing so far about the other tools. I haven't found any threads about shin tool sizes and I am hoping someone can help. I've seen fan made, resin made, actual squeegee props but nothing about dimentions or sizes. Does anyone have any info?

May 13, 2005, 5:43 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #2

if you have the size of the knife, then look for the pic with all 4 tools on em, liek the one from Darth Flan. Then you can calculate the sizes of the other tools, but you only need to worry wbout the upper parts of the tools, size the rest down to the measurments of your shin pockets.
    May 13, 2005, 7:51 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #3

Quote R_boba_fett said:
    ........ but you only need to worry wbout the upper parts of the tools, size the rest down to the measurments of your shin pockets.
    That's a very good point. I had never thought of it before. THANKS!
    May 14, 2005, 5:12 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #4

no problem.

my knife is the only tool I worked out, so I can get it out the shin pocket if I have to, but it's alot longer then the real deal, my shin pockets are way to long, but it works fine like this.

Myn are actually dummys, I still need to work them out, but I had to do them for the Line-up, theyre just 1 layer of plexi-glas dremmeled out, then sanded.

The knife is worked out though, with the top thingy attatched and it has the knife curves on it, aswell as a sharp razor (sharp I mean that it has a triangular form, it's not a tool that can actually cut anything, otherwise it would be logical to be banned from conventions, not to mention it would destroy my jumpsuit) and some wooden dowels in an aluminium strap around the plexi-glas formed the other tool. I don't have the Jet Pack adjustment tool though, but that's ok, maybe a large bolt will do that trick... better then empty shin pockets this way, allthough far from perfect...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1365 small.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	3101  
    Jun 8, 2007, 3:11 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #5

Hey JVader...
    Try this link to WOF's templates of the shin tools, very easy to use?!
    http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/shin_tools.pdf
    Jun 8, 2007, 6:48 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #6

You might also try http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/bbt/sbw.htm The "knife" is a Paterson stir stick. If you do a search for Paterson, you will find all sorts of stuff.
    Jun 19, 2007, 8:01 PM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #7

Has WOF done drawings for these yet?
    Jun 20, 2007, 2:44 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #8

Hey FH, yeah just look at the link and there should be some PDF files to download? I have them and they are very easy to make.. hope that helps
    -Gavin-
    Jun 20, 2007, 2:51 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #9

Hey just try this... open / print on A4 'fit to border' and you should be good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jun 20, 2007, 10:22 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #10

Quote MOJO-FETT said: View Post
    Hey FH, yeah just look at the link and there should be some PDF files to download? I have them and they are very easy to make.. hope that helps
    -Gavin-

Yeah, the original WOF link doesn't work.

I get this:

---------------

Page URL Not Found!!

The requested page does not exist on this server. The URL you typed or followed is either outdated or inaccurate.

----------------

I tried your link and got them though. Thanks for posting an alternate link since the original seems to be dead.
    Jun 20, 2007, 10:29 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #11

No worries... any time.
    Alan's templates are the best for Fett fans that tend to make their own kit..
    Jun 20, 2007, 6:24 PM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #12

There is something wrong with the link listed above for the shin tool temolates. Thank you MOJO-Fett for uploading them to the Dent.

This link should also work. It looks a the upper case letters messed with the original link.

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/Shin_Tools.pdf

Make sure to post pics!

Alan
    Jun 28, 2007, 4:31 PM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #13

I used WOF's templates for my shin tools. They're right on and fit perfectly in the shin pockets on my SGB jumpsuit.
    Jun 28, 2007, 5:01 PM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #14

Should check here for Shin Tool info

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showthread.php?t=4874
    Last edited by Seven; Jun 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM.
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 28, 2007, 11:59 PM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #15

You guys realise this thread is over 2 years old right?
    Jun 29, 2007, 1:01 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #16

You realize that you spelled realize wrong right?
    Quote GCNgamer128 said: View Post
    You guys realise this thread is over 2 years old right?
  17. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Jun 29, 2007, 10:01 AM - Re: does anyone know the shin tool sizes or have blueprints #17

Quote bearden521 said: View Post
    You realize that you spelled realize wrong right?
    Do you realise that realise is spelled realise in the homeland of Canada?

PWNT hehehe